PDA

View Full Version : FFII: Soul Of Rebirth

Queen Anthai
02-07-2005, 12:25 AM
First time playing Soul Of Rebirth - oh my God, why are everyone's stats so LOW?? Did I do something horribly wrong? I don't have ANY items or decent spells or anything. Minwu et. al. are getting SLAUGHTERED and I can't take any more than maybe a step or two without running into something I can't run away from. How in the world do I get through SoR?

abrojtm
02-07-2005, 02:22 AM
They are at whatever stats you left them at in your real game, so when you get Richard, you should be in decent shape. Shortly after you'll be in a place where you can buy weapons, armor, and items.

DJZen
02-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah, just save your game every time you win a fight. If you make it out you'll be fine and wonder why you have to be stuck with fighting easy pathetic monsters for gil and stats.

Captain Maxx Power
02-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Unless you spend a signficant amount of time levelling before each dungeon, you will be beat about left right and centre. The main problem is getting through with everyone alive and in working order. Cure and Life spells are a must for everyone. Make sure you have plenty of MP. And get Exit spells. As a general rule, if your in a dungeon and find your running low on MP and HP, Exit out, go heal, and try again. Every run will make you marginally stronger until your able to finish the dungeon in one go. If you think it's bad now, one time over you couldn't save in dungeons.

Creeping Shadow
03-05-2005, 04:34 PM
i still cant get past ultima weapon and claim the ultima tome while i take my anger out on a moomba can someone please tell me how to kill ultima weapon in soul of rebirth like strategies please :moomba: :shoot:

Xalioniaf
03-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't think you really need th ultima tome. It just helps. I'm doing fine right now with just Holy on Minwu(which replaced Teleport because that can't do crap), Flare on Scott and Ricard(I taught ricard flare with a tome I found before he died), and Josef whacking people around with his Lv. 9 fists. But, hey, I was wondering: can you skip getting Josef and Ricard? It seems so, as Josef is just blocking the path to a tresure and the worm is just standing there on B5.

DJZen
03-06-2005, 08:54 PM
How to beat Ultima Weapon:

1) Raise your stats for eternity

2) Raise them some more

3) Make sure you have Protect, Shell, Berserk and Flare or Holy at level 6 or higher

4) The higher level your cure and life spells, the better

5) Stop trying to make everyone good at everything. Have one black mage, one white mage, and two fighters

6) Make sure your fighters have weapon skill of at least 7

7) Stop giving your mages heavy armor and powerful weaopns, it just cripples 'em

8) Raise your stats some more

9) Buy lots of phoenix downs and elixirs (ethers are okay, don't bother with hi-potions though)

10) Before fighting him, get the stat bonuses from the 4 orbs surrounding Ultima

When it comes to the fight itself, cast Shell and Protect on everyone ASAP. Also make sure to Berserk your fighters right away. Do NOT cast Fire, Thunder, Blizzard or Scourge on Ultima Weapon! He's strong against ALL of those spells, and Flare/Holy have more attack power anyway. Keep hacking and nuking away and heal when necesarry. He's got some pretty powerful attacks up his sleeve. Don't be suprised if one or two party members get KO'd here. He's tough, but it's worth it. Give Ultima to your white mage and it oughtta work wonders. Seriously, in my game it did more damage than Flare (which is stronger than Holy) when it was still 2 levels behind!

Flashback007
03-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I always get beaten my ass around in the first dungeon of the Soul of Rebirth. I hate that, can't I change that somehow??

Creeping Shadow
03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
sor is just to hard sometimes they shouldnt make it where you have to level up for like 8000 hours and still get wasted against ultima weapon :mad2:

DJZen
03-08-2005, 02:24 AM
They did that because the version of FFII in DoS is stupidly easy. It's definitely not impossible, it's just a challenge. The challenge is made far worse because nobody understands the mechanics of the game and tries to give everyone the strongest weapons and sturdiest armor and tries to get level 16 spells for every character. If you do two fighters, a black mage and a white mage the game gets a LOT faster. I'm convinced that this was the way Square intended the game to be played originally. Just the fact that it takes forever to get every single stat raised as high as possible should tell you that being selective is critical to making this game easier. I've said this probably a hundred times by now but for some reason the idea doesn't catch on.

Crossblades
03-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I didn't want to waste my time leveling up in SoR so I used Gameshark

Creeping Shadow
03-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I didn't want to waste my time leveling up in SoR so I used Gameshark
.........ok...well then :sweatdrop

Crossblades
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
.........ok...well then :sweatdrop

I was curious, okay?!

Creeping Shadow