PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...?

rubicant
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
I was playing FFX and Wakka and Kimarhi's voices sounded very familiar.
I looked in the back of the instruction booklet and it said those roles were palyed by John DiMaggio. That name was very familiar to me and come to my suprise that is who plays Bender on the FOX television flop Futurama. Well it wasn't a flop but it was never airing because of that damned sport football always pre-empting it's 7:00 time slot on Sunday's.

02-07-2005, 12:40 AM
heh, funny that the topic is "did you know...?" and your signature says "i dont care what you think."

i never noticed that their voices sound familiar cause i never really paid attention. i found out later on that both their voices were by the same guy.

lulusgirl
02-07-2005, 12:53 AM
the same person plays them.

Ezme
02-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Fururama Rocked! They still show it on Sky one here in britain! nearly everyday. Bit of a leap from bender to wakka tho! I think its Rikku(mabey paine) who is suzie from the rugrats and loads of other cartoon charecters.

Cless
02-08-2005, 03:39 PM
"Fear my PMS!" -- Claire: Vanguard Bandits (PSX)
What is that game! Sounds brilliant!

Old Manus
02-08-2005, 04:45 PM
There is a similar thread here (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55162). Though it is dead now.

Slade
02-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Fururama Rocked! They still show it on Sky one here in britain! nearly everyday. Bit of a leap from bender to wakka tho! I think its Rikku(mabey paine) who is suzie from the rugrats and loads of other cartoon charecters.

Its Rikkus voice actress. Tara Strong. She does heaps of voices for cartoons. Me being a cartoon fanatic i know theses things......
Oh and by the way its not Suzie she does the voice for, its Dylan, Tommys annoying brother. She also does his voice in the older rugrats, All Grown Up. Some of Tara Strongs other cool roles were Raven from Teen Titans, Timmy Turner from The Fairly Odd Parents and Bubbles from The Powerpuff Girls (which everyone should know). I had a look one time on the net and found out shes done over a hundred (might even be near 1000) different voices since she was 13.

Goddam im obsessed with cartoons.............. :D

Shoden
02-08-2005, 10:04 PM
wow i never paid enough attention but when you have younger relatives and a TV you have to watch these things, i noticed that younger people like anime which is the reson for the mass makeover in dubs with censors and changes why cant they be released in 2 versions one for kids one aimed towards teens

Fantasy_Dragon
02-08-2005, 10:21 PM
the same person plays them.
NO---WAY.

Cree Summer does the voice of Susie. She plays Belgemine from FFX, Lenne from FFX@, and the little girl, Kalli I think, in FFX2 (the one who loves chocobos and you have to catch one for her.) I think she does other voices in those two games, but I'm not sure.

Cree Summer also does a lot of voices for cartoons and video games, like X-Men Legends. (She plays Alison, or her x-name, Magma.)

rubah
02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I never noticed it until I was watching the X-2 credits. The guy that did Braskas voice did a lot of them in x-2 (the two ronso kids, and lots of other NPCs)

I think I was watching it because I was like 'man, wakka sounds a lot stupider than he did' But it woudln't make sense to change voice actors.

incidentally I thought kimarhi sounded a lot different too. I guess a couple of years does that to someone.

T-MaN
02-09-2005, 03:04 AM
WoW! Isn't it amazing how one person could do the voices of soo many different ppl? Must take quite a lot of practice and skill :roll:

Quina
02-09-2005, 03:08 AM
I did notice it! Some times Wakka goes into a Bender-like voice.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-09-2005, 03:35 AM
The first time I heard Wakka's voice it was familar but I couldn't place it - then I watched Futurama and there it was. Definately the same guy. And yeah, voice acting is a difficult job - one t hat's often underappreciated, but to be successful you have to be able to do a LOT of different voices.

DMKA
02-11-2005, 03:56 PM
This news is SOOOOOOOOO before the game even came out. :rolleyes2

Pho' Sho
02-22-2005, 02:02 AM
He was also in Spirited Away, the Spirits Within, and Kim Possible.