PDA

View Full Version : apocalypse

NOFX1117
02-07-2005, 01:53 AM
i already beat ff7, but i cant find apocalype, i want it cuz it triples the rate of your materia growth, can someone tell me how and where to get it??? also i just wanted to tell people that i found out how to make knights of the round free, if u put mp absorb next to it, it will restore all your mp after it hits, it will restore all of your hp if u put hp absorb next to it too...
and if u have w-summon, u could do knights of the round twice and not pay any mp for it! :cool:

Sepho
02-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Haha, I just watched Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome the other day, and I read the thread title as "pockie clips".

I can give you the general idea of where it's at -

It's in the Ancient Forest near Cosmo Canyon, which can only be acessed after you defeat Ultima Weapon in that area, unless you can climb the hill with a Green/Black/Gold chocobo.

- but I can't give you specifics without looking at a guide. The forest is a series of screens that consists of various puzzles you have to figure out to proceed. The sword is at the end of the forest, and I suggest looking at a faq/guide if you can't figure out the puzzles. If I can find my FF7 strategy guide later, I'll post some directions.

I should also mentioned that Cid has a weapon with Triple Growth (the Scimitar), but those are the only two characters with such weapons in their arsenal.

Quina
02-07-2005, 05:15 AM
I think you get it in the frog forest. Best level in the game!

Ok, Temple of Ancients is better, but still.

Masamune·1600
03-02-2005, 05:28 AM
If you get through the forest, you can't miss it. It's in the cave at the end.

Shoden
03-12-2005, 12:31 AM
the Apocalypse's only downfall is it's looks and limits of Materia slots

Swordicanus
03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
i've never even bothered using it....is there any big advantages to using it really... or in other words is there a reason i should be using it :confused:

Dormos
03-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Uhhh... yeah... triple materia growth, maybe?

Shoden
03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
it looks stupid and only has two slots try using it in the crater put two big materia such KOTR and Mime on it and fight the pots and balls which will = 6000 AP per battle

Sword
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm having trouble getting it even with a guide. The ones on gamefaqs.com are quite vague

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Cloud's Apocalypse has three unlinked slots, triple growth, is the fourth most powerful weapon for Cloud, raises his Spirit by 16 and looks incredibly nice. All are great reasons for using it. It is in the last cave of the Ancient Forest, pearched on a rock in a shaft of light. It's hard to miss.

Cid's Scimitar is the only other weapon to have triple growth. It has two linked slots and is Cid's fourth most powerful weapon and is found in the Underwater Reactor at Junon on Disc 2.

Shoden
03-20-2005, 09:53 PM
looks good?

wow thats weird

it looks like a metal branch flattened with holes in it

TheSpoonyBard
03-20-2005, 10:03 PM
I love the appearance of the Apocalypse. It's second only to the Ragnarok. Each person is entitled to their own opinion. I like it, you don't. And that's that. :D

Rinen
03-23-2005, 04:11 AM
Also you have to consider it's in the Ancient Forest, which if you use the name, then it being the Apocalypse, it will be no doubt in shambles in a way. It being full of holes, and it's such an awesome sword. Each time I play it, I try to get it as early as I can.

Sword
07-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I heard a lot of people sayin that the apocalypse looks stupid and I was really dreading what it would look like when I equipped it after getting only a few days ago, but I think it looks pretty sweet. Since then I have mastered 3 HP plus materias and 3 contain materias for each party member. I have also mastered 2 Ultimas and a slash all materia. It is one of the most useful weapons in the game if not the most.

chadwixx
07-13-2005, 02:11 AM
it looks stupid and only has two slots try using it in the crater put two big materia such KOTR and Mime on it and fight the pots and balls which will = 6000 AP per battle

the orange balls are 800 each, three of them making it 2400*triple=7200 each time

i forgot to buy the heal magic materia after i had maxxed up all my other greens, apocalypse made things fast.

GooeyToast
07-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I heard a lot of people sayin that the apocalypse looks stupid and I was really dreading what it would look like when I equipped it after getting only a few days ago, but I think it looks pretty sweet. Since then I have mastered 3 HP plus materias and 3 contain materias for each party member. I have also mastered 2 Ultimas and a slash all materia. It is one of the most useful weapons in the game if not the most.

Too true.

~Keep it gooey~