PDA

View Full Version : Ruby dragon

Maya
02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
I guess there are other people who has struggled with ruby dragons. They are dificult to beat.
I have almost bullet proof tactic to win those stupid dragons.
Right,
first junction 100 sleeps to some charachters, I like Selphie, status attack.
Then make sure you have diablo and a lot of demi-magic with every charachter in your party and doomtrain & cerberus.
Then go see that dragon.
First in battle, use doomtrain(if itīs fast enough and has a lot of hp) or attack and try to put that dragon to sleep.
When it sleeps, cast triple to all your charachters or use cerberus to do it.
Now just cast triple demi and diablo on dragon and decree its hp down.
When its hp is lower than 1000, I use some hundreds when its hp doesnīt decree anymore, just hit the dragon to its death.
So easy is that. :D

Mirage
02-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Or just let support character #1 cast Meltdown on the dragon, support character #2 cast Aura on Squall, and let squall Renzokuken it to death. Shouldn't take more than a few turns.

Captain Maxx Power
02-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Or junction 100 Break's and stone it in one hit. :)

Sepho
02-07-2005, 11:52 AM
When facing high-level (eg. level 100 on the 'Islands') Ruby Dragons, the problem most people run into is getting their whole party destroyed entirely by a single Breath attack, therefore I recommend having considerably strong magic Junctioned to the Vit stat of your characters, and/or Junctioning Vit+% abilities. And yes, Breath is considered a physical attack, so Vit, rather than Spr, is the deciding factor in the damage said attack causes.

Even when many players have their Squall set up to deal 10,000 damage with each hit of the Renzokuken, a Ruby Dragon on the initiative can make short work of him. If you are able to survive a Breath attack though, and still have the ability to dish out that kind of damage, Ruby Dragons should cause you much less trouble.

As for how to set up your party offensively, there are numerous strategies floating around that pertain to that, and a few good ones have already been mentioned in this thread (I particularly like the Break idea :) ).

Halenite
02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Or, keep Quistis in the yellow (make sure she knows Degenerator) and give her the Initiative.
Her Limit should be available immediately.
Use Degenerator.
Dead Ruby Dragon.

Works for all creatures that can be instant KO'ed.

Ultima Shadow
02-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Or, keep Quistis in the yellow (make sure she knows Degenerator) and give her the Initiative.
Her Limit should be available immediately.
Use Degenerator.
Dead Ruby Dragon.

Works for all creatures that can be instant KO'ed.
Yea, that's the easiest way. It works on everything but bosses, tonberries and cactuars. :cool:

SeeDRankLou
02-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Also, Ruby Dragons, especially at high levels, are extraordinarily easy to Card. :D

rubah
02-08-2005, 01:07 AM
Or you could just pound it with renzokuken and eventually devour it.

I know, so uncool. But it's worked.

Cuchulainn
02-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Like I always say with FFVIII...stock up on the best spells, 100 of each, junction hem to the essentials (get Auto if ur unsure what works & tweek them a bit so u dont end up healing the fecker when you attack), make sure ur vitals are junctioned, HP, Vit, Spr, Spd etc etc & attack, he's your's on a plate.