PDA

View Full Version : Super Famicon Emulator & Rom?

Curbie
02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Where can I find the SFC emulator? (Super Famicon Emulator for the PC) and the Final Fantasy 4 (FF 2 in U.S.) ROM for the SFC? I hear about Rosa's False Tears and Ceci's Dark powers, and other items and such, that aren't available to the U.S. Version of my FF2 that I have. I thought I would try to get my hands on the other version and try to play it. Thanks for your help! :)

DJZen
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Well just so you know, you can get Final Fantasy Chronicles which has the original version of FFIV on it. There's an emulator on this site, but I don't know which version the ROM is. It has one, but I don't know which.

Dragonfire
02-08-2005, 12:50 AM
when you look for it, look for FF4j or FF4 hardtype

shippu
02-08-2005, 02:04 AM
ROMNation has tons of roms try looking there

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-08-2005, 05:13 AM
It's Porom that has False Tears. Rosa has Prayer and Aim.

Curbie
02-08-2005, 02:51 PM
It's Porom that has False Tears. Rosa has Prayer and Aim.

Gee...well excuse me for getting it wrong. OOooops! But thanks anyway for everyone's help. I did find an actual japanese version, but had it patched so that the language was in english and not in japanese. There sure are a lot of extra items you win in battle and find in chests...compared to the U.S. version. I sure wished they would've kept that stuff in the U.S. version, too. Would've made the game more interesting maybe? If there are so many items, then they could've made the items category larger that what it originally is, too.

DJZen
02-08-2005, 08:02 PM
They actually WERE in the US version, Square just removed the way to get them. If you have a game genie you can get 'em. Or you could get FFC, as I said before.

feioncastor
02-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah, but with a GG they're all called "Dummy" and you can't tell which is which, since they're all dummies.

Most of them are healing types, that remove status ailments. In the US version, there was just the heal potion that did it all. But in the original, there was the remedy that did it all, but it was pretty rare. And in the US version, I think there was no way to remove curse except to end the fight.

And also, the guy who started this thread, keep in mind that most roms are illegal and most forum directors don't like people discussing that sort of thing. I don't know for sure what EoFF's policies are on the matter, but just be careful about that in the future.

Feion

Doomgaze
02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
The FF4 Hardtype game is on the EoFF site, so it shouldn't be a problem. However, the official rules on ROMS here change based on what sign the moon is in, the alignment of the planets, and current humidity, so no one can give you a certain answer.