PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties with FF1

MysticalOne
02-07-2005, 05:50 PM
I have been playing for 17 hours and my crew is level 31. I am just now getting to the fire cave. (2nd Orb) I am having frustrations with the fact that the crew will not hit and not miss almost all the enemies. They will swing but nothing else happens. I have had several times and up to 9 enemies at one fight and they all get to flee cause I cant hit the broad side of a barn if I was standing next to it in the game. They all have the mythral stuffs and good swords from Cresent Lake. I have 2 warriors, a red mage, and a thief....It is getting frustrating every time I fight of only getting 1 exp and 0 gil....
suggetions?

question also...

when do you get to the class changes?

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead. -Flower

DJZen
02-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Level up first. Wander around the area outside of the volcano, or try fighting the enemies in the northern continents.

You can get the class change any time after you get the airship. Just fly to the dragon caves, talk to Bahamut, then go to the Castle of Ordeals/Citadel of Trials/whatever it's called in your translation. You'll have to park a ways away, but the trek's not so bad. Inside the castle you'll get a key item. Take that back to Bahamut.

Kirkpatrick
02-08-2005, 07:41 AM
First off, is all your equipment equipped? :p I know I played FF1 for some time before I realized I had to equip all my nice weapons.

I'm not sure what else it could be, but level 31 for the fire cave seems like extreme overkill - usually the game is beatable by level 25 or so (I'm not sure about DoS things though). That also takes away the most generall FF1 advice - "just level up more", which is usually effective :p.

Flashback007
02-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I have been playing for 17 hours and my crew is level 31. I am just now getting to the fire cave. (2nd Orb) I am having frustrations with the fact that the crew will not hit and not miss almost all the enemies. They will swing but nothing else happens. I have had several times and up to 9 enemies at one fight and they all get to flee cause I cant hit the broad side of a barn if I was standing next to it in the game. They all have the mythral stuffs and good swords from Cresent Lake. I have 2 warriors, a red mage, and a thief....It is getting frustrating every time I fight of only getting 1 exp and 0 gil....
suggetions?

That happens because you're to strong for the enemy. The enemy will flee. And if you cannot hit them I indeed suggest that you get other weapons or you start the game again. Maybe it's just a glitch or so.

About the class change. Indeed go to Bahamut, talk to him and then go to the Castle of Ordeals. The best thing you then can do, is go back for your ship (on sea) cause that way, you may encouter less enemy's on your way to the Castle (on the land ofcourse). Those at sea are if everything is OK a piece of cake. Then you row downwards and go west. Untill you see the Castle, then park your ship at the top of the river above the Castle and row that with your canoe. Jump out and walk towards it. In the Castle itself, it must be a piece of cake. (It always was for me at least :D ). As soon as you have those class-changes it 9 out 10 times will be a walk in the park for you till the Temple of Chaos 2000 Years in the Past

ljkkjlcm9
02-14-2005, 04:27 PM
In the DoS version I'm like level 37 and have class ups and lot's of good stuff and I haven't been to the Volcano yet. I honestly don't exactly know what you're saying, so uhm, if it's the fact that you're missing, I don't know how to fix that, it may just be your character has low accuracy.

If it's the enemy running, it's cause you're a high level and they are wimps.

THE JACKEL

JuandiegoMoogleLord
02-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Kupo, all that which is happening to you is very ackward... get medical help!... Are the fire elementals really running away and being whimps? If you are so powerful then you should be fast and accurate enough to destroy everyone around just as the battle starts! This is weird... get medical help. :confused:

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 01:18 AM
You actually don't need to talk to Bahamut before you go to the tower. I went there out of exploration, got the Rat's Tail, then lugged it around with me for quite awhile until I happened upon Bahamut. I did this in DoS, however, so it might be different in FFO or the NES version.

ljkkjlcm9
02-25-2005, 02:01 AM
You actually don't need to talk to Bahamut before you go to the tower. I went there out of exploration, got the Rat's Tail, then lugged it around with me for quite awhile until I happened upon Bahamut. I did this in DoS, however, so it might be different in FFO or the NES version.

No actually, in any version you can get any item before being told about it. I got the rat tail before talking with Bahamut (then class up), cube, then the bottle, oxayle, rosetta stone/SLAB and the chime all before beating the second level... I end up beating Tiamat most of the time before Kary/Marilith...

THE JACKEL