PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Happy?

Desert Merchant
02-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Ever since I first played FF8 I've always pushed R1 right as my character was about to strike even in every other FF game I played. I guess I developed some crazy superstition that if I do that my character will do more damage regardless of which FF I'm playing....anyone else do this too?

Cuchulainn
02-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I re-played VII straight after playing VIII and yes...I fell for that too.... :( I also got *snip by the change in buttons too...led to some early-game confusions till I tweeked the Config to the X=Action O=Cancel I have come to love...all was well till I started chocobo breeding and wanted to put some in a stable...just try it....i was stumped for a full 30 minutes until i realised i would have to reset the config...my idle mind struggles sometimes...tis a cruel world.

Don't try to go around the swear filter, please. ~Krang

BG-57
02-07-2005, 11:15 PM
It must have been added for button pushers like me. I always nervously tap on action buttons even when it isn't my turn to input commands. So the R1 and the GF Boost keeps me plenty occupied. :greenie:

Necronopticous
02-07-2005, 11:59 PM
I found myself doing this with every character in Final Fantasy VIII, regardless of whether they had a gunblade or not. I hardly find myself doing it in other RPGs, however.

rubah
02-08-2005, 01:03 AM
cuchulainn, I did that too when breeding those stupid chocobos.

stupid buttons that don't work like they're supposed to-_-

I really don't think about pulling the trigger unless squall is running towards something. Unless I really do and just dont' remember.

DJZen
02-08-2005, 05:41 AM
If it gives you that reflex, play more Mario RPG games. It'll come in quite handy.

Ultima Shadow
02-08-2005, 07:52 AM
If it gives you that reflex, play more Mario RPG games. It'll come in quite handy.
Oh, yes! I can trigger ANY attack in SMRPG perfectly! :D (I actually got 100 superjumps once...) :eek:

Anyway... yes, I'm pressing the trigger all the time in both FFVIII, FFVII and FFIX. :p

ravob
02-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Every once in awhile i catch myself pulling the right trigger on the dam xbox pad while im playing "Third Age" But probably becuase i still play ff8
more then anything.