PDA

View Full Version : I think I just killed Safer Sephiroth in one hit.....

FallenAngel411
02-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Ok........I was going off to fight Sephiroth's final form, and my friend was right next to me shouting all these tips into my ear and babbling about how hard he was......and suddenly, Cait Sith got on limit break, and I used it, and I got the big cat face, and her "Game Over" limit break came one, and suddenly......Sephiroth just DIED without me doing anything. And my friend got really, really, really quiet. I am in some shock. Has anyone else ever beat him this way? It doesn't seem possible.....he didn't even get to hit me.....he just melted away.... :confused:

Raistlin
02-08-2005, 03:57 AM
One of the slots' options for Cait Sith's limit break is an instant-death move for anything you're fighting - including the final boss.

FallenAngel411
02-08-2005, 04:05 AM
That's insane....I thought they always made final bosses immune to stuff like that...guess I got lucky, lol

CloudVII
02-08-2005, 04:06 AM
LMFAO! I can't believe you even brought Cait Sith to the final battle. Man nice freaking job.

Ultima Shadow
02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
That's insane....I thought they always made final bosses immune to stuff like that...guess I got lucky, lol
Nope, it works in FFVII, FFVIII and FFX. :mad:

You should really replay Safer Sephiroth someday and fight him WITHOUT that kind of moves. Sephiroth have a very nice attack called Super Nova which is worth seeing. :cool:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-08-2005, 08:22 AM
LMFAO! I can't believe you even brought Cait Sith to the final battle. Man nice freaking job.

What this guy said

JunotDe
02-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Thats kinda ghey

TheAbominatrix
02-08-2005, 08:37 AM
It's a one in a million chance. Most people dont even use Cait Sith. It's not a big deal.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 09:40 PM
i dont use Cait Sith now i never used him since city of the ancients/lost capital

battousai9439
02-09-2005, 03:20 AM
I never use cait sith at all...

And battle Safer again... Super Nova is DEFINATELY worth seeing! That's insanity to the max.

Shoden
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
im still preparing any tips ppl im gettin KOTR nad searching the dig site for Bahamut Zero.
anyway i dont want ff7 to end.

Ultima Shadow
02-09-2005, 04:21 PM
im still preparing any tips ppl im gettin KOTR nad searching the dig site for Bahamut Zero.
anyway i dont want ff7 to end.
You really don't need to get KotR to complete the game... you should get it AFTER you've completed the game without it.

Shoden
02-09-2005, 05:38 PM
meh but im curious

Sefie1999AD
02-09-2005, 06:43 PM
In my second game, it was a bit hard to find a move that didn't kill Safer Sephiroth in one hit. Half of the limit breaks and Knights of the Round would kill him right away, and even three 4x Cuts would get him killed right away. However, I prefer not to beat Safer Sephiroth too quickly. As some people have said already, Super Nova is definitely worth seeing, and I also love the final battle theme, One-Winged Angel. :D

Mirage
02-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Well, if I recon right, Cait Sith's Instakill move is right next to the Game over combination on the slot machine, so it's a risk to take.

FallenAngel411
02-10-2005, 04:23 AM
Wow. I feel inferior now, lol. Ok, I am going to try Sephiroth without Cait Sith......I'll defintely have to level up some more.....I love Sephy, but he scares me..... :whimper:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
If you have FinalAttack-Phoenix on your weapon, and Cait Sith uses Game Over, do you survive and Sephiroth dies?

feioncastor
02-11-2005, 07:04 PM
This didn't even cross my mind.

LMFAO indeed.

But it apparently worked out nicely, aside from the LMFAO factor.

I like the gambling types. Cait Sith, Setzer... Um, I think that's it...

Feion

MJN SEIFER
02-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Cait is in my party more than CLOUD so this happend to me a few times

abrojtm
02-11-2005, 11:27 PM
If you have FinalAttack-Phoenix on your weapon, and Cait Sith uses Game Over, do you survive and Sephiroth dies?
I'm fairly sure, yes.

This is also an easy way to beat Ruby WEAPON.

Shoden
02-11-2005, 11:37 PM
wheree do you get that materia from i have phoenix

Shoden
02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
i just got annihalated by Safer Sephiroth after SupaNova everyone of my chars was in confusion except vince who used death gigas and got killed by one slash wth was that all about. i spent 3 hours getting all the way up to safer but got killed gah i used Knights of round and meteorain and he still lived

Squall04
02-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Well I just beat the game for the first time last night. Being the first time, I didn't use any strategy guide or crap like that. (Upon reading some of these things, I realized I maybe beat about 20% of the game) Anyway, it took me forever, but I finally beat the final form of Sephiroth. Ya, Super Nova is kinda cool, but I got so bored watching the solar system blow up four or five times (it took me a LONG time to beat him).

Edit: Oh ya, and I used Cait Sith all the time. ... never got that cool Limit break, though. (Remember I'm a n00b when it comes to VII, as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a FFVIII kinda guy.)

Born of Fantasy
02-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Nope, it works in FFVII, FFVIII and FFX. :mad:

You should really replay Safer Sephiroth someday and fight him WITHOUT that kind of moves. Sephiroth have a very nice attack called Super Nova which is worth seeing. :cool:

Yeah and then there is Pale Horse. That's a fun one.

Well I just beat the game for the first time last night. Being the first time, I didn't use any strategy guide or crap like that. (Upon reading some of these things, I realized I maybe beat about 20% of the game) Anyway, it took me forever, but I finally beat the final form of Sephiroth. Ya, Super Nova is kinda cool, but I got so bored watching the solar system blow up four or five times (it took me a LONG time to beat him).

Edit: Oh ya, and I used Cait Sith all the time. ... never got that cool Limit break, though. (Remember I'm a n00b when it comes to VII, as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a FFVIII kinda guy.)

I didn't find him particularly hard, just painfully long. Of course my characters were about 86 and up. What level were your guys at? Oh by the way I had Cloud, Vincent and RedXIII. Sephiroth cast pale horse and RedXII got confused and I forget the status ailments of the others except one being dead. So basically RedXIII can attack me and one of my guys is in serious danger of being killed by him, and the other is dead. Yeah so it's REDXIII chance to attack and I'm pretty ready to admit defeat, and Red XIII actually attacks Sepheroth sending him to the end of the world. I thought that was a pretty cool way of defeating the last boss.

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead. -Rape

Masamune·1600
02-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Safer's HP increases dramatically if Cloud's level is 98 or 99. That being said, he's a pushover at any level. If Cloud is at level 97 or lower, then he'll go down to powerful moves with regularity. But, as others have said, it's worth dragging it out to hear One Winged Angel and see Super Nova.

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm fairly sure, yes.

This is also an easy way to beat Ruby WEAPON.

I always thought that the Final Attack materia is used right before you died. So, theoreticaly, if the Game Over thing came up, then someone using Pheonix before they die would be...before they die. And, if they all die at the same time, it wouldn't really matter. This is just what I think. I have never tried it out for myself, so I wouldn't know.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah, theoretically, the Final Attack materia should kick in.

Does there exist a Game Shark Code so Cait Sith always gets *Cait Sith*-*Cait Sith*-*Bar*? I know there exists a gameshark code where (after you put it in, of couse) it lets you press L+[] to make everyone's limits fill, so that code would speed up the limit gauge aspect of this experiment.

cloud20747
02-26-2005, 02:23 AM
Ok........I was going off to fight Sephiroth's final form, and my friend was right next to me shouting all these tips into my ear and babbling about how hard he was......and suddenly, Cait Sith got on limit break, and I used it, and I got the big cat face, and her "Game Over" limit break came one, and suddenly......Sephiroth just DIED without me doing anything. And my friend got really, really, really quiet. I am in some shock. Has anyone else ever beat him this way? It doesn't seem possible.....he didn't even get to hit me.....he just melted away.... :confused:

Luckly you I SUCK at gambling but still beat the game after trial and error 5 years ago when i was 11

and I got the big cat face, and her "Game Over" limit break
I though Cait Sith was a dude

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-26-2005, 02:27 AM
I haven't tried using the [] button much to slow the turntables down. Would that help you here? Or is it still hard to get Game Over or automatic win?

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-26-2005, 03:15 AM
I never used Cait Sith so I didn't even see his Limit Break. I beat Safer Sephiroth pretty easily around the mid 40's level-wise. He was extremely easy to beat, even without Knights of the Round or any other really powerful summon or Limit Break. And I even got to finish my dinner since he kept using that stupid Supernova attack.

Swordicanus
02-26-2005, 11:25 PM
sure if your knights of round is about level 3 just use w summon every time i fought sephiroth he didnt even touch me once and i also knew about caith siths limit break it was in a tips book i read years ago