PDA

View Full Version : The ending I have a question about it(Major Spilerd)

Fire_Emblem776
02-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Why was princes Olevia stabed to death?
I thought that she ran away with Ramza.
And wasnt delia a good guy?
Tactics story line was confusing for mr to follow
PLease answer this is you have any ideas??

feioncastor
02-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Jeez, I guess I'll field this one...

Delita WAS a good guy, at the beginning. When his sister was killed by Algus (whom he trusted), he realized how corrupt things were and dedicated his life to changing them, no matter who he to kill or use to do it. He was betrayed by the Hokuten, who he thought was there to help him out, and he was betrayed by Algus, and he wouldn't ever trust Ramza again for fear that he might do the same thing.

Ovelia didn't leave with Ramza at the end. That was Ramza's sister Alma that rode off on a chocobo with him, when Olan saw them and all that. That was Alma, not Ovelia.

Delita only married Ovelia because he wanted to be king, and marrying Ovelia was a way to get there. Ovelia knew this and on that day you see at the end, she attacks Delita because she despises him for the way he usurped his way to the top. When Delita realized he was being doublecrossed by his wife, he killed her for it. I'm not certain that Delita dies here. I know Ovelia does, but I think that Delita survives the attack and goes on to be King and change the world and what not.

Final Fantasy Tactics is supposed to be the true story. You see, in the world of Ivalice, the history books only talk about the great King Delita and how he took the throne and changed the world for the better. None of the books ever talk about a hero named Ramza, who actually did a lot of the fighting and footwork to change the world. Without Ramza doing what he did, Delita would've never gained control and straightened things out. Final Fantasy Tactics is a story that is supposed to be written by Alazlam J. Durai, the descendant of Olan Durai. Only Olan actually knew the truth about Ramza and the Zodiac Braves and St. Ajora and all that. And he passed the story down through his family until Alazlam recorded it for the first time.

The story is confusing indeed.

But any questions you may have, feel free to ask. There are many of us here who have it almost figured out.

But I doubt anyone has sorted through all the confusion. Hehehehe. It's quite a wonderful story, and a wonderful game.

Feion

Cylest
03-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I applaud you on your reply. Yes, Final Fantasy Tactics was indeed a very good story. I honestly believe that Square may have Tactics 2 on the back burner. Lots of people are saying that FFXII is the sequel to Tactics...as plausible as that sounds, I know it's not. The only similarities between the two is the name of the land, Ivalice.

Back to Tactics...I really believe it had one of the richest and deepest story lines (not to mention the most immersive with all the different jobs). Alright, i've said my piece. I would answer your question...but nothing more needs to be said. Great job.

RedCydranth
03-08-2005, 05:44 PM
As I remember Ivalice was also in FFTA, which we recognize as not the Ivalice of FFT.

Good explanation Feion.