PDA

View Full Version : Was Sephiroth really even touched??~possible spoilers~

Blue Mage
02-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Consider this: Thourghout the entire game you were chasing a 'image' of Sephiroth right? Since he was in the mako cyristal thing the whole time right? And the final battle thing was inside Cloud's mind. And bizaro (i can't spell well ok?!) Seifer Sephiroth was just that image and Jenova fusied since it never showed Sephiroth leave the mako or it melt or something (melt? where did that come from? O-o?) so Sephiroth is still alive inside the northern creator!

Also Sephiroth was the greatest Villian ever. I can image him fighting in real time (not turn based rpgish) i think he would move alot like Riddick(Chronicles of Riddick). :rolleyes2

Rainecloud
02-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Maybe it was all a dream, like in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Dking'squeen
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
it was an illusion

Blue Mage
02-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Therefore Sephiroth is alive! He's probelly the man in the wheelchair in Advent Children.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Not Likely the way he communicated with cloud was too different to his previous attitudes. I just thought of something if The team killed Jenova instead of chasin spehiroth then Jenova wouold be dead right?

Blue Mage
02-08-2005, 08:53 PM
If they would have actually killed Jenova in the first place (they kept leaving the arm around) then Jenova wouldn't have been able to manipulate Sephiroth and he wouldn't be all destroy thee world like. wait! That would mean that it wasn't Sephiroth's fault! Would he even be considered the main baddy in the game cuz of this? :confused:

Captain Maxx Power
02-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Of course it's not Sephi's fault! Blatantly the biggest "bad-guys" in this entire game are Jenova and Hojo. Sephiroth was just caught in the middle and went a bit bananas.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 09:25 PM
well Sephiroths mind was taken over his body was that of a warrior among warriors so would Jenova choose Sephiroth or Cloud since them two have the most jenova cells i think but Cloud was schizo at the moment and Sephiroth's only weakness was mortality and being human

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-08-2005, 10:29 PM
The Bizarro Sephiroth and Sepher Sephiroth fights are both against the real Sephiroth. Jenova was done in after the SYNTHESIS fight.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 10:41 PM
i dunno bout them as i havent done the final battle im getting everyone levels 70+ and Knights of round some Hp pluses Mp pluses and powerfull spelss eg comet 2 Ultima. where do you get flare?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Stay on-topic. For God's sake.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 11:18 PM
well its related to Sephiroth but its not comp;etely related to him as its the battle.

ok Sephiroth was legless and imprisoned in crystalized Mako but his mind which was taken over by Jenova was still alive and it drew cloud to give him the black materia but was it really Sephiroth there was the real Sephiroth dead his soul and mind?

that on topic enough

Flashback007
02-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I once wrote an entire topic about this, but here is my original post with my toughts on it:

Link to the post (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showpost.php?p=928339&postcount=1)

I have been a good boy and only posted the link to my post and not the entire topic. But yes, I agree with you. Sephiroth isn't actually touched.

Rostum
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
The Bizarro Sephiroth and Sepher Sephiroth fights are both against the real Sephiroth. Jenova was done in after the SYNTHESIS fight.

Yes, but I think what you said about Jenova was untrue. I still think when you fight the two forms of Sephiroth at the end, that Jenova is still a huge part of him.

amratis
02-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Of course it's not Sephi's fault! Blatantly the biggest "bad-guys" in this entire game are Jenova and Hojo. Sephiroth was just caught in the middle and went a bit bananas.

This is what makes him such a damn good villian. :D

amra

K-chan
02-10-2005, 09:17 PM
well Sephiroths mind was taken over his body was that of a warrior among warriors so would Jenova choose Sephiroth or Cloud since them two have the most jenova cells i think but Cloud was schizo at the moment and Sephiroth's only weakness was mortality and being human

Wait...so jenova "possessed" Sephiroth? I still don't get how you can be fighting the 'real' Sephiroth when he's supposed to be stuck in the mako. I don't get it.

Shoden
02-10-2005, 10:05 PM
ok from Sephiroths mind Jenova manipulates stray cells they form together and make sephiroth clones but they need hosts who are the nibelheim survivors who where pernamently fused with Jenova cells

Born of Fantasy
02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
This is what I gathered from the game, feel free to disagree or not. Sephiroth took a fusion of Jenova and became Bizzaro Sephiroth at this point I took it that he was now free from the Mako and now in a larva state of perfection. Once killing Bizzaro Sephiroth he became like god, this is hinted by the horse legs refering to "Upon a pale horse" which I don't really want to get into right now but I felt it was worthy of mention. So now we have a perfect union of the alien JENOVA and a crazy Sepheroth bent on domination. This I gathered was fianally the real battle, or battles I should say. Think back to the game it makes sense. Now after the final battle this is what I got a little confused on. My initial thought was that Sephiroth had survived the god mode battle, and now wanted a piece of Cloud. Cloud then pulling Omni Slash throughly whipped Sephiroth proving to him that he wasn't weak. And the ending of that showed Sephiroth's bleeding face stricken with sock as he fell away into darkness. So if he did in fact survive that would be very much in sync with advent children. So my point of this long explanation, is to say that the battles with Sephiroth were not illusion. Now if the fight in the dark was an illusion, then Sephiroth is dead and the fight was Cloud purging his mind of doubts and Sephiroths presence. Of course all anyone will have are opinions until we can all see advent children. Oh some interesting tidbits. Did you know that Square got the names of Jenova and Sephiroth from the Hebrew religion? The Sephiroth were the spheres of multiple sides of god in the tree of Mystic. And Jenova is and adaption of Jehova which is a word used in reference to god. This goes along nicely with the struggle to be perfect that goes on in Final Fantasy VII. And fits perfectly with the characters.

Desert Merchant
02-17-2005, 05:55 AM
This is what I gathered from the game, feel free to disagree or not. Sephiroth took a fusion of Jenova and became Bizzaro Sephiroth at this point I took it that he was now free from the Mako and now in a larva state of perfection. Once killing Bizzaro Sephiroth he became like god, this is hinted by the horse legs refering to "Upon a pale horse" which I don't really want to get into right now but I felt it was worthy of mention. So now we have a perfect union of the alien JENOVA and a crazy Sepheroth bent on domination. This I gathered was fianally the real battle, or battles I should say. Think back to the game it makes sense. Now after the final battle this is what I got a little confused on. My initial thought was that Sephiroth had survived the god mode battle, and now wanted a piece of Cloud. Cloud then pulling Omni Slash throughly whipped Sephiroth proving to him that he wasn't weak. And the ending of that showed Sephiroth's bleeding face stricken with sock as he fell away into darkness. So if he did in fact survive that would be very much in sync with advent children. So my point of this long explanation, is to say that the battles with Sephiroth were not illusion. Now if the fight in the dark was an illusion, then Sephiroth is dead and the fight was Cloud purging his mind of doubts and Sephiroths presence. Of course all anyone will have are opinions until we can all see advent children. Oh some interesting tidbits. Did you know that Square got the names of Jenova and Sephiroth from the Hebrew religion? The Sephiroth were the spheres of multiple sides of god in the tree of Mystic. And Jenova is and adaption of Jehova which is a word used in reference to god. This goes along nicely with the struggle to be perfect that goes on in Final Fantasy VII. And fits perfectly with the characters.

very nicely put

BackRoomKid
02-17-2005, 08:19 AM
I always thought that the name Jenova had some relation with Jehovah (i'm a jehovah's witness by the way and let's not turn this into sum religion thread for the sake to keep this a GAMING forum) I didn't know about the Sphere part of it though...

Well seeing the forth trailor got me thinking that Sephorith was really untouched. He seems that way in the trailor, still gots his clothes and everything neatly put on. But I'm so confused by Cloud's "mind fight" with Sephorith...was that just to over come his fears and doubts from himself? Or was that a literal show-down with his nemesis. IDK...so wierd...when AC comes out, we'll all be friends again and know the truth...lol.

Shoden
02-17-2005, 12:04 PM
the final battle with Sephiroth was great i was in shock when i saw the option Omnislash

Camanche
02-17-2005, 09:49 PM
I too believe Sephiroth went untouched throughout the game until the very end, at the bottom of the NC. The form of Sephiroth that is encased in crystal is the one that fell into the well of Mako in the Nibelheim Mako Reactor, when Cloud flung him over the catwalk. Sephiroth's body then travelled through the Lifestream, and ended up in the NC- an opening where the Lifestream swells up, much like Midel, but instead he was crystallized from the concentrate of Mako there. When Cloud gives that true Sephiroth the Black Materia, all hell breaks loose, his true self is 'revivied' so to speak, and he incubates down in the depths of the earth, becoming his 'god' form, when Cloud and Co. go to defeat him.

BackRoomKid
02-18-2005, 02:50 AM
^^^completely forgot about Seph. being in the Lifestream for years and years. Just something to point out is that Sephorith does not wear a shirt in his crytalized form, you fight him again in NC but he's got full clothing; but after beating the other "seph's" you fight the final one, the 'god' like sephorith who is wearing no shirt. So maybe he wasn't touched till that final moment where Cloud fights him...well, clothes don't have much signficance but just thought to bring it out

Camanche
02-19-2005, 10:36 PM
I was under the impression that Sephiroth was nekid in his crystal casing in the NC. His hair conviently sweeps forward to cover his lower torso. But it's still darken so it's hard to tell if he has clothing or not. (Can't believe I'm trying to study that area to verify this... much less anything!) But yeah, as you said, I don't think clothing is a key factor here. If the true Sephiroth was nekid in the NC, I don't think Square would have you fight that true form in Cloud's dream-state sans pantalon. :D So pants... just make sense. ;)