PDA

View Full Version : Techie problem.... grrrr

udsuna
02-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Ok, it's been a while since I've toyed with FF8 (computer version). I've beaten it like a dozen times- which is nothing compared to FF7 :) Anyways, I've for some reason felt the need to resurrect this classic in my collection- because all the new games suck. I guess I'm about to provide a spoiler- but it's a very early spoiler.
But that's besides the point. The point is- I can't get past the Ballroom dance scene. The screen goes black right after Selphie wanders off (right after she asks Squall to join the festival committee). And then a movie scene starts with Rinoa showing up- a scene I never get to watch because the screen blacks out. Or it fades to black like that scene does and never fades back in. I don't know if it runs the movies AFTER that point, I haven't bothered to d/l a save state created after that point- it's next on my things to do list :)

It isn't a computer lag/freeze problem- I can minimize the screen and do other things, the music continues, and alt+F4 still shuts the game off. My DirectX is up to date. I've got 7 gigs of spare hardrive and over twice all the suggested system reqs. Running windows Millenium (I know.... it's like using AOL as an ISP). No graphics cards. 800x600 display. And it doesn't matter which resolution I use, same results, same place. Tried re-installing, no change. So, any suggestions based on what I've provided? I've been unable to find through a search engine anyone else complaining of the same problem... but it did allow me to stumble across this lovely little site :)

seiyuimore
02-11-2005, 06:05 AM
May be your video card.
Try the patch for Non-geforce video card and with Geforce video card

udsuna
02-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Actually, i'm pretty sure at this point that it's a problem in Disk 1- a scratch or something. Because it doesn't appear to be any different on a different computer- good hint, I think :)