PDA

View Full Version : Korn

wakka
02-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Any fans in here? For me they are my favorite band.

Leeza
02-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I like <i>some</i> KoRn, like on the Untouchables CD...Here to Stay, Thoughtless, Hollow Life.

Rye
02-08-2005, 10:55 PM
I like Evanescence's cover of Thoughtless and Korn's cover of Another Brick in the Wall if that counts for anything.

Crazy the Clown
02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
KoRn sucks on toes. One song, which I don't know if I can write it down, disses some of my groups, and does it in a tasteless fashion.

The New Kid
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
KoRn's recent stuff sucks @$$. Their "Untouchables" CD was their greatest failure, and their cover of "Word Up" is detestable. Their older stuff is great though. "KoRn", "Life Is Peachy", and "Follow The Leader" are very good.

boris no no
02-09-2005, 10:58 PM
KoRn's recent stuff sucks @$$. Their "Untouchables" CD was their greatest failure, and their cover of "Word Up" is detestable. Their older stuff is great though. "KoRn", "Life Is Peachy", and "Follow The Leader" are very good.
exactly what i think except i don't really like follow the leader, only song i liked on it was freak on a leash.
to tell you the true i kinda thought they had slipped into obsurity. i don't read any rock mags and the were going down hill after issues...
although KOrN is one of my fav albums

The Man
02-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I have yet to hear a single Korn song that I have liked. So, no.

kikimm
02-10-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm listening to them right now. :) I don't like their latest cd, but Untoucables is good, as are the cds before it. They're nowhere close to being my favorite band, but they've got a pretty unique sound that I like. Particularly involving the guitars and drums.

:D

boris no no
02-10-2005, 07:17 PM
actually listening to twist now.
now twist thats a good song.

MecaKane
02-10-2005, 07:26 PM
KoRn sucks on toes. One song, which I don't know if I can write it down, disses some of my groups, and does it in a tasteless fashion.
What song is that? And what do you mean by 'groups'? I hope you're not talking about Faget, or you've missed the point of that song entirely.

Anyway, yay KoRn! :love:

Psychotic
02-10-2005, 07:33 PM
As said by others earlier, their newer stuff isn't all that great, by that I specifically mean Untouchables which was a real disappointment, but KoRn and to a lesser extent Follow the Leader and Issues are all well worth a listen.

UltimaLimit
02-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Korn - haven't heard (Clown and Blind were so-so)
Life Is Peachy - haven't heard (but Twist was awesome)
Follow The Leader - I liked it until the second half of the CD. Reclaim My Place, Justin, Cameltosis, My Gift To You--they just didn't cut it for me.
Issues - terrible, the only good song was Falling Away From Me
Untouchables - haven't heard (Here To Stay was good)
Take A Look In The Mirror - pretty much everything was good, although Counting On Me, One, and When Will This End seemed kind of dull to me.
Greatest Hits Vol 1 - I liked everything except the stuff from Issues (with the exception of Falling Away From Me). Word Up! was decent, but may have been better with the original artist. (Haven't heard the original so I don't know.)

There's my take. The CDs I haven't heard but like stuff from--those songs were on the Greatest Hits, so that's how I know without having heard the rest of the album.

boris no no
02-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Korn - haven't heard (Clown and Blind were so-so)
Life Is Peachy - haven't heard (but Twist was awesome)
Follow The Leader - I liked it until the second half of the CD. Reclaim My Place, Justin, Cameltosis, My Gift To You--they just didn't cut it for me.
Issues - terrible, the only good song was Falling Away From Me
Untouchables - haven't heard (Here To Stay was good)
Take A Look In The Mirror - pretty much everything was good, although Counting On Me, One, and When Will This End seemed kind of dull to me.
Greatest Hits Vol 1 - I liked everything except the stuff from Issues (with the exception of Falling Away From Me). Word Up! was decent, but may have been better with the original artist. (Haven't heard the original so I don't know.)

There's my take. The CDs I haven't heard but like stuff from--those songs were on the Greatest Hits, so that's how I know without having heard the rest of the album.

:eek: i didn't realise they had so many albums! i kinda gave up on them after issues.

you've never heard the original word up?? you havn't lived!! great song!!

Pure Strife
02-11-2005, 11:39 PM
I used to love them. Good band, but they spawned a generation of downtuned talentless wastes of time that quickly became popular. They still have a few good songs I listen to now and then, but nothing that grabs me by the balls anymore.

absinthe fairy
02-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Yeah I like Korn. I don't have like heaps of their albums and songs or anything, but I like listening to them and I've got a few songs of theirs.

eestlinc
02-12-2005, 05:40 AM
they're definitely a cut above the rest. I listen to them on occassion.