PDA

View Full Version : suikoden

zanias
02-08-2005, 09:36 PM
has any one played suikoden?.... i need to find a site that is awsome for the suikoden series like how eyesonff is good for the final fantasy series, and some other misc. games...

Doomgaze
02-08-2005, 09:39 PM
www.suikosource.com and www.suikox.com are the best Suikoden sites I've seen.

Anyway, yes, you'll find that some of the cooler people here are big fans of the Suikoden series :)

EDIT: note that I have no connections to the above sites, I'm not advertising for them or anything

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Yes, Suikoden owns. Probably the best one is either 2 or 3.

Doomgaze
02-09-2005, 12:41 AM
II > III = I > IV > ANY FINAL FANTASY GAME EVER.

Raistlin
02-09-2005, 02:54 AM
II > III = I > IV > ANY FINAL FANTASY GAME EVER.
Yeah, that's about how it goes.

Suikoden rocks.

Erdrick Holmes
02-09-2005, 04:39 AM
For me it's

III>II>IV>I

Doomgaze
02-09-2005, 04:50 AM
You're just gay for Geddoe.

Jebus
02-09-2005, 04:59 AM
For me it's

III>II>IV>I

Blasphemy.

II > your face.

Luc
02-09-2005, 05:35 AM
I love the whole Suikoden series.

II > I > III > IV > all (except Shadow Hearts.. ;))

Dreddz
02-09-2005, 08:59 PM
can people enlighten me on suikoden. I really want to play it. So far you lot say its really good. I live in the UK so only the first one. I really want to play it. Unfortunatly the prices for suikoden are so high on eBay i just couldnt afford it. Is paying £70 for suikoden worth it. Its meant to be one of the rarest games you can find. I settled with Alundra and vagrant story. People say vagrant story is good but i think its really bad guess its not my type of RPG. Alundra is really good though. It easily surpasses Final Fantasy II , V , VII why has no one really talked about it. If you havent got it its really good i recommend it highly. Only bad ( or good thing ) is that its so similer to Zelda its not possible

absinthe fairy
02-10-2005, 05:54 AM
Man, I love the Suikoden games. I've only played I & II because III never made it to Australia and I don't know if IV will. Both I & II are definately two of my favourite RPGs ever. Really engaging storyline, and a whole bunch of fun.

Jowy
02-10-2005, 07:30 AM
God, Suikoden IV's crappy. The first two are worth the obscene amounts of money they go for online though. If I didn't have Suiko II already, I'd gladly fork over $100+ for it. It's that good.

Roogle
02-10-2005, 08:05 AM
can people enlighten me on suikoden. I really want to play it. So far you lot say its really good. I live in the UK so only the first one. I really want to play it. Unfortunatly the prices for suikoden are so high on eBay i just couldnt afford it. Is paying £70 for suikoden worth it. Its meant to be one of the rarest games you can find. I settled with Alundra and vagrant story. People say vagrant story is good but i think its really bad guess its not my type of RPG. Alundra is really good though. It easily surpasses Final Fantasy II , V , VII why has no one really talked about it. If you havent got it its really good i recommend it highly. Only bad ( or good thing ) is that its so similer to Zelda its not possible

Suikoden I and Suikoden II are available in PAL regions for the Playstation console. Suikoden III was not released in PAL regions, but Suikoden IV is going to be released there soon.

Konami in Europe doesn't cater to its Suikoden fans, but on the up side, Suikoden II had a much better English translation than its NTSC counterpart.

The Man
02-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I had no idea the first two games were released in Europe. Nifty, now when I actually have money I can order them for Michelle or something ;p

Anyway, yeah, I've played the first two games, although my copy of II glitched on me about two-thirds of the way through and I still haven't bothered restarting it. Haven't had time to play the third and fourth yet. Great series, though; I'd agree with all the people who rank it as a better series on the whole than Final Fantasy.

Dreddz
02-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Alundra V Suikoden

Winner Alundra.

Join me people Alundra the best RPG ever!!!!!!

The Man
02-10-2005, 10:26 PM
No. Make your own thread. ;P

Dreddz
02-11-2005, 04:47 PM
I will. Why does no one like Alundra Its a great game and if your looking for a good RPG fix then look no further

The Man
02-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I never said I don't like Alundra (I've never played it, actually), I said a Suikoden thread is no place to praise its greatness ;p

Dreddz
02-13-2005, 04:28 PM
try it mate its really good