PDA

View Full Version : Ansem's Guide to Sephiroth

Lord Xehanort
02-09-2005, 12:14 AM
NOTE: some of this may be in GAMEFAQS and some of it may not

Okay, there seems to be a lot of problems beating Sephy-chan lately. So, I'm finally making my Grandmaster Knowledge public information.

These are tips for first timers, but anyone can find them helpful.

First, the preliminary steps.

1) Do not attempt this battle w/o Second Chance equipped
2) Do not attempt this battle w/o MP Rage equipped twice
3) Do not attempt this battle w/o Curaga on quick spell menu
4) Do not attempt this battle w/o 2 Firaga Rings equipped
5) Do not attempt this battle below Lvl 70
6) Do not attempt this battle w/o Guard and Dodge Roll equipped
7) Unequip all Combo Plus and Air Combo Plus and equip defensive skills
8) Have the Ultima Weapon
9) Save all MP for Curaga
10) Do not attempt this battle w/o Superglide and High Jump
11) Synthesize many Str Up and Def Up items
12) Equip Counter
13) Have some hi-potions and elixirs handy

Now, on to the fight itself:

At first, he will counter EVERY attack with his Flame Pillar. Also, he will teleport behind you after any combo that lasts more than three hits (hence step 7) To dodge his flame counter, Dodge Roll immediately after attacking. If you followed step 7, his teleport won't be a problem... yet.
When he swings his nodachi, just stand still and press square. You will guard and take no damage. Sadly, Sephiroth won't stumble as a result of the block (in fact, his sword will still go right through you, lol)
Keep beating him up like this until he starts running around. Oh crap, Heartless Angel time. When he teleports to one side of the arena, Superglide over there and beat him up before the halo appears over your head. This will stop the attack. If you don't make it, USE AN ELIXIR! If you know that he's too far away and you'll never make it in time, open the items menu and highlight hi potion, wait for the spell to hit, then use it and let Sephy hit you once. The blow will recover a ton of MP and you can then Curaga.
Keep this up until he enters the center of the arena and starts calling down meteorites. Dodge Roll around in a circle around the arena and try your best to avoid them. Another strategy is to jump to avoid shockwaves, but you run the risk of a direct hit insead. After the meteorites are finished, a large ball of light will charge up. DODGE ROLL LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENEDS ON IT TO AVOID THIS!!!
After that, he'll start running around like a madman and release little balls of dark energy behind him, then teleport inward and tornado slash you. Guard the slash and High Jump as the dark spheres begin to come together. Depending on your jump's timing, you'll either jump over them, or cause them to meet at the height of the high jump, which will be above your head since you will have landed by the time they come together.
During this last phase of attack, Sephy will also do an Omnislash-esque move in which he is invincible. He's too fast to Dodge Roll, so Guard the first blow, then Counter to block the rest. As long as your timing is good, you can block all the slashes. He ends this attack with by stabbing the ground and sending out a blast of lightning. Just Superglide or Dodge Roll away from him.

And there you have it! The mightiest foe in KH, is putty in your hands.

Trumpet Thief
02-09-2005, 01:24 AM
chaos: Good job on that guide. :)

KuRt
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
my helps wud be:

have 1 combo+ and 0 air combo +
have accesories that give more hp and def
be lvl 70+
have curaga on quick spell list
have second chance
have counterattack
have ultima weapon
have superglide ability
have elixirs eith you
have 2xMp rage
have guard (to guard 1st slash of omnislash, thaen counterattack)

Just superglide towards him, attack 4 times, then he should teleport behind you. after doing the 3 hits, just superglide guickly away from him, so the tele-attack wont work. repeat this until he has done 5 slices, he casts halo. (the fire move) Superglide away from him. then just continue superglide - 4 attacking him. when he teleports somewhere and starts to speak something about sin harvest, superglide to him ASAP and hit him, so the attack will be cancelled. if the ring will appear above your head, be ready to take an elixir from item menu. (go already to item menu and prepare the elixir) then he will usually do omnislash after that. Guard the first hit and counterattack to make him stop slashing. When he starts calling meteors in arena, avoid them by superglide. when the meteors start to spin, jump over them, until he unleashes the energy ball. use superglide to dodge the attack. REMEMBER: STOP DOING THE SUPERGLIDE-4ATTACK ONLY IF HE IS DOING AN ATTACK. when he walks around, do it. And ofcourse you will take some damage but use curaga to heal yourself. you will get mp for having 2 mp rages.

Destai
02-09-2005, 04:28 PM
If you cant get the Ultima weapon the oblivion should work. Nice guide, impressive :)

Dragonwarder Weboen
03-01-2005, 09:36 PM
I always wondered how to kick his butt.
However I've gotten to his meteor atacks without most of those requirements met before (Lv. 53 and no gaurd, very stupid). I only got killed after I ran out of Elixers. :cry: