PDA

View Full Version : Yunalesca [spoilers]

Kamrusepas
02-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Any good tips on beating her?
I'm re-playing the game now, but I can't remember how I defeated her the first time....

Also, who's Seymour's mother? Was she anyone important? Whose fayth did she become? His father's? But he was a maester, not a summoner?

DocFrance
02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Level up Yuna until she can learn Holy. That's pretty much the key to victory there.

Seymour's mother was just some unimportant human woman who happened to marry a maester. She became the fayth for Anima, the aeon that Seymour summons at Luca stadium.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Yunalesca's a tough battle - I also reccomend having all the Aeons on Overdrive going into it, as well as your characters.

Yeah, Seymour's mother is Anima's fayth. Some people theorize that Anima is a Final Aeon, who still exists because Seymour never fought Sin - he abandoned his pilgramage at Zanarkand.

Slade
02-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Actually for me Yunalesca was pretty easy. You just need a method. The first time i played i did her about 5 times and couldnt defeat her...now its simple. Just leave your characters on Zombie. She can only life one at a time, and when that happens just life them back. With all the characters on Zombie the attack 'Mega Death' (which kills all chars) dosnt work. The only attack you really need to watch out for is 'Mind blast' cause it puts confusion on them (and we all know that confusion on Auron is definatly a bad thing). Thats pretty much how i handle her.....Oh and it pays to get the first form out of the way quick cause its the one that absorbs the HP so use grand summon Bahamut or something...just get rid of it. (I think the second form absorbs HP too so try and get rid of that aswell). :D

The Man
02-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Doc stole my token reply. >:O

Seriously, though, I tried all the fancy-pants strategy methods and wound up wasting about two hours of time before I said ":skull::skull::skull::skull: this :skull::skull::skull::skull:, I'm leveling up," and then I won the brute-force way. Much more satisfying. 8-)

J.D
02-09-2005, 11:22 PM
I Remember I Beated Her Castin Reflect On My Chars, I Didnt Had Holy Then
So I Used Tidus Yuna Auron As My Party To Defeat Her
Shes Pretty Easy To Defeat If You Get Your Chars Tough

rubah
02-10-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm looking forward to her now. Kimarhi has Holy and Yuna should learn it in Zanarkand if she hasn't already. Add a white mage sphere for lulu or rikku (and try to get rikku back to copycat maybe)

should be fun fun in the sun. if I can avoid the zombie troubles-_-

Apart from battle, I LOVE how she says some of those lines:D "It is better to die in hope than live in despair. . . Let me free you from your sorrow. Let me be. . . Your. . .LIBERATOR!"

best voice acting in the entire game imho.

Kamrusepas
02-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Well after all, I made my friend beat her :D
She did a fine job, beat her the first time.

moogle
02-14-2005, 12:52 AM
i have a big tip for all you final fantasy gamers, get yuna to learn holy and lulu to learn double-cast and then use a teleport sphere with yuna learn double cast and in battle just use double cast holy!!! simple as and also learn holy with lulu with a white magic sphere so then yuna and lulu are fighting machines!!!

rubah
02-14-2005, 02:08 AM
And here I thought you could only double cast black magic.

Shows how much I know.

and who has enough level 4 keysperes to get double cast *and* holy before yunalesca, anyways? maybe if I hadn't wasted so many on full life;P

alexholker
02-14-2005, 03:35 AM
and who has enough level 4 keysperes to get double cast *and* holy before yunalesca, anyways? maybe if I hadn't wasted so many on full life;PYou don't need keyspheres to get Full-Life, otherwise I wouldn't have it in my No Lock game. Did you mean Auto-Life, or perhaps a shortcut?

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-14-2005, 04:09 AM
Can't you get the keyspheres by bribing Chimera Brain in the Calm Lands before Zanarkand? It'd probably take a crapload of leveling up to get the gil, but you COULD do it.

FallenAngel411
02-14-2005, 05:17 AM
I hated her :p

Just keep one character on Zombie for her Mega Death move, never let more than one character be dead at one time, and use LOTS and LOTS of pheonix downs. It took me about 45 minutes to beat her (grrr)

Slade
02-14-2005, 06:24 AM
Sheesh.........try my way and you wont need to train up your characters, get holy and waste your time getting the rest of that hooha, you wont ever have to use another method again. Seriously, using the 'keep everybody on Zombie' method i mentioned makes her simple.......or at least beatable :D

redxiiii
02-14-2005, 01:01 PM
go into battl with all aeons fully overdrived, Beat the first form quickly and curing any status ailments, do the same for the sencond form but, as many people have said, keep at least one person on zombie then when at the third form unleash your aeons if this dosen`t kill her,(which it probably will) just use a few whacks from auron and tidus to finish her off.

rubah
02-14-2005, 11:27 PM
You need two level four keyspheres to get full life. or at least two keyspheres, dunno if they're both fours. It's in rikku's grid, and like the first thing inside the lock is a luck+ sphere. (aha, according to my handy map of the sphere grid, it's two fours and a three on one side and three fours on the other)

You weren't playing on the expert sphere grid, were you? or whichever one in Internation that isn't the same?

Behold the Void, yeah, sure you could do it, but it's easier to earn money in zanarkand, and then you get to walk all the way back to the calm lands. usually right after the calm lands people have no gil from yojimbo, or enough for a single bribe. But it's not really all that important, though, really:) what's important is the insinuation of double casting holy. I'm still thinking that's not possible.

The Man
02-15-2005, 12:44 AM
by the way, it's probably a good idea to hold onto level four key spheres for as long as possible. Apart from the Omega Ruins, where you can get up to twelve by sacrificing an opportunity to get other items, and a few other selected locations, the only way to get them, at least in the American version, is by defeating Nemesis, and that's incredibly hard.

rubah
02-15-2005, 01:18 AM
except there's the whole bribing the chimaera brains, which is not difficult at all, but does require massive amounts of gil.

which fortunately is easy enough to get.

The Man
02-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Bleh, I'd forgotten that, probably because I never actually used bribery much :p

Kamrusepas
02-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Bribing Chimera Brain doesn't require that much gil, compared to bribing Malboros[Wings to Discovery] and especially Sand Worms[Winning Formula]....

I usually just go beat Mimics for money or battle One-Eye for dozens of times and gets dozens of Triple AP-weapons which can be sold for 22-67 000 gil :)

rubah
02-15-2005, 11:44 PM
I like the kottos+ auto regen armor way, myself.

mostly because I was proud when kottos quit killing me every single time.