PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Materia at Chocobo Square....help

Cuchulainn
02-09-2005, 08:08 PM
I've had this problem from day ZERO of playing.....can anyone tell me if there is an easier way to win the Materia? I win every DAMN race and sometimes the 'Enemy Away' or 'Speed Plus' or others come up but they're NEVER EVER chosen as the prize, then it's 10 races more b4 it does the same...am I missing something or is it genuinely near impossible?

SeeDRankLou
02-09-2005, 08:26 PM
It's all luck, and you are not being very lucky. I've played this game once where I had all the materia in ten races. I've played this game several times where I had racked up about 50,000 AP and 85 megalixirs before I had one of all the materia. It's just luck.

:moomba:

Sepho
02-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Are you racing in S Class? If so, just keep racing. If you win 12-15 or so races in a row in S Class, then what's-her-name will give you the majority of the prizes in one big package. I'm not sure if that specific materia is involved, off-hand, but you might as well try and find out.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cuchulainn
02-09-2005, 08:34 PM
yea easthar has already given me the prizes for winning 10 in a row, the only materia u get is a 'counter', i've now won about 50....only materia i've won is the 'sneak attack' :(

redxiiii
02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
can`t u get that materia from battle square

Sepho
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm usually much more helpful, and under normal circumstances would have looked into the matter further, but the current elections, plus three days of make-up homework keep me from doing that to the fullest.

Is the Sneak Attack per chance what you receive from the person outside of the Battle Square after winning 8 in a row?

Shoden
02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
i only got enemy away on my first race i think its easier to race yourself than to bet.

SeeDRankLou
02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm fairly certain that you get the Running Shoes from that person.

:moomba:

Sepho
02-09-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm fairly certain that you get the Running Shoes from that person.

I knew that; I just wanted to hear you tell me I'm wrong :p.

Cuchulainn
02-09-2005, 09:42 PM
I need 'Enemy Away' 'Speed Plus' and 'Magic Counter'....I've owned every other part of the game bar this 1...Damn My Luck, Inmcidently, does Equipping 'Luck Plus' help you get better things?....I'm being dumb aren't I.

Sepho
02-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Luck is primarily used in determining the frequency of critical strikes, and things of that sort, although it does have a small role to play in many things.

For a deeper understanding, check out the battle mechanics guide at GameFaqs. I don't recommend it, but it's there just incase.

Cuchulainn
02-10-2005, 04:22 AM
After 6 hours of racing....I finally got them all....Magic counter Materia took FOREVER to get. :(

Thanks for your time people. Appreciated.