PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy X Character

~Summoner~
02-09-2005, 08:10 PM
who's the best final fantasy x character?post your opinion ( htis includes all sub characters too) i have nothing to do so i thought id try to start sompin....or not :mad:

Ultimate99997
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I think your'e in the wrong section unfortunately, this is only ffx related subjects..........

Xander
02-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Rikku all the way n__n

Luc
02-11-2005, 04:21 AM
Rikku, I guess. But she's soo annoying. :rolleyes2

chichi
02-11-2005, 07:46 AM
Umm, Auron is my favourite. Yeah, Auron kicks a**! Whiny as he was, Tidus comes in second 'cause he was what FFX was about- without him there wouldn't of been a FFX:)

samdabomb
02-11-2005, 08:01 AM
I Think Auron 'n' Tidus as well Auron Is Da Bomb Though

T-MaN
02-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Tidus and Yuna all the way! These two were my fav. characters, and without them, who knows where da heck i would be now ;)

~Summoner~
02-11-2005, 07:19 PM
my fav is lulu..
i luv her dress

silent_ultima
02-11-2005, 08:42 PM
::Auron::

I think he's one of the best character so far

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

The idea of a legendary guardian 'comes back from the dead' and protect his bestfriend's children, thus fulfilling his promises to both of his bestfriends.. is way awesome!! And it's kinda sad and sweet when he ask for Yuna to go on and send him to the Farplane in the ending.. Auron u'r way cool!! How i wish he's in FFX-2

Shalashaska
02-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Most definately Jecht.

rubah
02-12-2005, 03:31 AM
Auron.

his theme is just awesomeness.

FourShiningOrbs
02-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Having beaten the game a couple of times, I would definitely say Auron. I made him an absolute beast and it was near impossible to bring him down, so he was extremely useful. Even though I couldn't stand Tidus, he was arguably even more useful for me, and pretty much every other character paled in comparison, except for maybe Yuna because of her summons, but I needed them less and less as the game progressed. Until about the halfway point, I would have definitely said Lulu, in usefulness and character, but she became obsolete by the game's end.

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 03:33 AM
Auron by far. I didn't like most of the other ones.

silent_ultima
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
All hail the legendary guardian!! THE LEGEND LIVES!!

I Don't Need A Name
02-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Auron, rikku (possibly yuna)

Spammerman
02-24-2005, 11:21 PM
MAle is Khimari, hes got a spear and looks cool.Female is RIkku shes good lookin

crashNUMBERS
02-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Tidus is cool and so is seymour but for female im with blood, Rikus to hot!

Coley
02-25-2005, 03:13 AM
Auron was my fav. too, he had great presence, a cool theme, and I liked his dialogue .. and by the end of my game he was the best character by far as well.

BahamutZer0
03-01-2005, 05:41 AM
Does Bahamut count as a character? You DO get to play as him...

Well, if not Bahamut, I'd have to say Auron.

super sayin Tidus
03-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Got to be Kimahri & Auron. The awsome silent duo.

FF freak
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Auron and Yuna, there so different that they complement each other.

Spammerman
03-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Tidus,Khimari,Bahamut,RIkku,Ifrit,and Yuna

kiesmama
03-07-2005, 05:00 AM
well i beat the game a few times, and after you build up yuna, her and her aeons become beasts....but without tidus the game is no good to me. so its a toss up

FFVIII Fan
03-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Auron by far. i like the mysterious way about em, which is good in any RPG.

Angel of light
03-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Auron! And Kimahri!!! They are both cool and good-looking :love:
And Auron has big, cool swords :D

FFVIII Fan
03-07-2005, 07:20 PM
And Auron has big, cool swords :D

Kimarhi goodlooking? he's a big cat

Emily52
03-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Yuck *shudders*

I Don't Need A Name
03-07-2005, 07:53 PM
auron is a grouchy (but cool) old man and Kimhari is a furball with a lump on his head!

Pouring Rain
03-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Umm, Auron is my favourite. Yeah, Auron kicks a**! Whiny as he was, Tidus comes in second 'cause he was what FFX was about- without him there wouldn't of been a FFX:)me too. if Auron wasn't in the game, the game would be dull, boring, and stupid. we need someone who can tell us what the heck is going on!

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Auron.

Seymour doesn't even make a good villain. He is one of the worst FF secondary enemies ever. Even Leblanc from FFX2 was cooler than Seymour.
Tidus was a wimp (personality-wise). Yes, he's massively overpowered, since Blitz Ace can do tons more damage than any other character's Overdrives (with the possible exception of Lulu's). Even the Magus Sister's Delta Attack maxes at 99999 damage, and you can do that much with a single normal attack. Tidus was this game's equivalent of Luke Skywalker (I would compare him to Star Trek: TNG's Wesley Crusher, but even Tidus isn't that bad). Auron is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the group. And if you argue that Luke is cooler than Obi-Wan, I suggest that you go see a psychiatrist before posting in here again... Yes, Tidus becomes a total bad@$$, but character wise? He is nothing.
Yuna is a cool character, certainly, but she's no Auron. :D The same goes for most of the other characters.

Auron is the only real adult in the main group. Sure, Khimari might be an adult, but he has no drive or motivation at all (except to protect Yuna, and even that is a reactionary role). Besides, Auron actually shapes more of the game than Tidus. Sure, it's told through Tidus' eyes, but Auron is the one who manipulates almost everything into place. Without Auron, Yuna would probably have used Tidus as the fayth for the Final Aeon, and the cycle of death would have continued. Or even worse, she would have used Seymour for a fayth, and doomed Spira to total destruction. Tidus would never have come to Spira were it not for Auron. Even if he had, he would have had no idea of the truth about Sin. Tidus could be almost anyone. He doesn't actually shape the story in any important way. Yes, there is the Yuna-Tidus relationship, but it doesn't really change anything in the plot. Auron is the key player in the game's events.

Auron is one of the things that makes FFX such a great game. So many people complain about the child heroes in the FF games. But Auron is the real hero in FFX, and he is definitely not a child. Yes, Tidus was the "hero" of FFX, but only because Auron put him in that position. The game would have gotten a lot further without Tidus than it would have without Auron. Auron is the one who knows what's going on, and he has a far more mature and serious point of view than any of the other characters (Khimari and Lulu, while serious and mature, are nothing compared to Auron's [almost] always objective viewpoint).

Well, those are my views on the subject. Sorry if it comes across as a jumble of nonsensical points, but I kept getting called away by my parents to do chores, eat dinner, etc...

FallenAngel411
03-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Yunie :)

And I actually do have to agree about Auron being the manipulator of the story....it makes a lot of sense....but I can't fault Tidus for being able to be anyone. I've always thought that was Square's original intention...to create a character we can all relate to and step into his shoes to experience the story more personally.

If that makes any sense at all...

T-MaN
03-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Yea, i agree with ya FallenAngel411 :)

Skyblade
03-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Excellent point. But since Tidus really has no character of his own, he can't really be nominated for "best character". Everyone would just be nominating themselves (which I would never do... :shifty: ).

Edit: In fact, I would probably be very misleading if I did not clarify this a bit. I actually like Tidus. I like most of the main FF heroes (though Tidus is nowhere near as good as Cloud or Squall). Square/Squaresoft/Square-Enix (whatever the hell they were called for this game) left the character open, so that you can turn the character into whatever you want. This means that Tidus can turn out to be a very awesome character, since you can make him whatever you want. But, going purely on his lines and what little character you see of him, he is a very wimpy character, and most certainly not one that should be considered for the role of best character. That title falls squarely on the shoulders of Auron, who has a very strong personality of his own (and he looks a lot cooler too).

Pouring Rain
03-11-2005, 09:59 PM
i agree with skyblade. if Auron wasn't there, the game would suck. Auron is the best charater in the Final Fantasy series. and then next is Vincent Valentine and so on...
anyway, auron should be the main charater because he starts the game and makes it so that Tidus could be in Spira. he made so that he could meet Sin and Yuna and everyone else. Auron just rocks. Then they make Paine in FFX-2 which is like Auron in a girl form. That is so f***ing cool. As I see it, they made a [spoiler] person so freekin cool. He is the only person who can tell you what the f*** is going on. I'm not sayind Lulu isn't cool, and isn't as equally misterious, but Auron just rocks. Thank goodness God gave us Auron. He was like, I will congrat you for being so good by giving you the greatest bad@$$ charater that was ever created in a video game and I'll shall call him Auron. he is so freekin young but has so much wisdom. Its so amazing. I wonder what would happen if Lulu married Auron. That would be so weird and cool at the same time. Jesus, this is so cool! Final Fantasy X is the best game I ever played just because of Auron. Seymour was the wierdest villian they ever made. Sephiroth was the best villain they ever created. But why did they make him so cool. And why does Auron look so UGLY in Kingdom Hearts II? It's so stupid. Well, I got to do stuff and I'll get on here later on so don't forget me, ok?

Spiffing Cheese
03-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Jecht!!!! He rocks!!!! Or maybe Yojimbo... do aeons count?

tailz
03-11-2005, 10:19 PM
its true auron is the key player in this game although i like tidus but he isnt as important as auron you might say tidus would be used as a faith for the final aeon but thats not true auron may be the one who guided them but it was tidus will that played a key role before the fight with yunalesca you cant deny that also it whas tidus who was the one that believed sin could be destroyed an other way while nobody believed him not even auron at one point but still auron is one of the if not importanst character in the game

Skyblade
03-12-2005, 04:49 AM
its true auron is the key player in this game although i like tidus but he isnt as important as auron you might say tidus would be used as a faith for the final aeon but thats not true auron may be the one who guided them but it was tidus will that played a key role before the fight with yunalesca you cant deny that also it whas tidus who was the one that believed sin could be destroyed an other way while nobody believed him not even auron at one point but still auron is one of the if not importanst character in the game

Sorry, but when Auron's past is revealed, I find it hard to believe that he was ever actually going to let Yuna go through with summoning the Final Aeon. He wanted to get her to Zanarkand so that she would learn the truth (and so he could get vengeance against that b!+ch Yunalesca). Remember how pissed he was when he learned that Braska and Jecht died for no reason? You really think he was going to let Yuna do the same thing? Not a chance in Hell.

cloud20747
03-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Male: Auron - One tough bastard.

Female: Rikku - She's hot. Whatelse matters?

rubah
03-12-2005, 11:42 PM
But Auron thought he had matured from when he had also thought there might be another way.

I figure he was just hedging his bets seeing what Tidus would do, since he was the wild-card and everyone else would've just gone with 'kill teh summoner!!11'

chucky200
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I think the only reason auron's so hard@ss is cause he's dead

and he doesn't talk much, and wen he does, its seroius, not like rikku

i dont think he wud make a main characer tho cause he doesn't hav enough dimensions

silent_ultima
03-13-2005, 01:05 PM
chucky.. i think u need to add the spoiler tag there.. ya?

well imho, Auron is the best.. just like what Skyblade said, he's the one that shaped the story in a more subtle way. By keeping his promise to Jecht and Braska, and by being dead he's like a true guardian, guarding Yuna and Tidus at the same time.

But the downside is, he's too "protective" of Yuna and Tidus, (maybe becoz of his promise?). Remember when u hafta fight Seymore at Macalania (i think), where Kimahri jump in between the party and Seymore, and tell u to protect Yuna? I was disappointed when Auron chose to run rather than stay. But after giving it a taught, maybe he did the rigth thing (as a guardian, that is). The top priority is guarding Yuna, not guarding your friends. The code of the guardian, remember? Guard the summoner even at the cost of one's life.

Well that's my opinion, but if u'd wanna look at statistic-wise, i would say either Wakka or Tidus. They can build up their str and acc fast in the game. Sure, Auron is the powerhouse, but he kept missing his hits. Maybe I did something wrong in building him, but this is not possible coz there's only one way down his sphere grid. Had to move him to Tidus's section to improve his speed (yeah to me he's kinda slow too) and acc.

Yuna is, well, imho, without the aeons, would be kinda useless, until later in the game, when she has Holy. Lulu is vice versa, though. She's kinda useful in the game, but later on, when the fiends got stronger and doesn't have any elemental weakness, she would be in trouble, seeing that she has the least HP and Def.

Rikku is fun. 'nuff said. hehehe.

ANd Kimahri is kinda cool to me, seeing that he rarely talks, and has such a sad story.

chucky200
03-13-2005, 01:09 PM
yah soz

as i sed i'm new so sorry n e 1 who red that .....

anvil
03-17-2005, 07:47 AM
mine's is absolutely AURON! anything about him is coooollll!!!
his glasses, big sword, his outfit is the coollllessttt!! :eek: :D

Swordicanus
03-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Jecht all the way.....Jecht ROCK'S and he has adrenalin pumping music...FANTASTIC

Anarkhos
03-19-2005, 09:35 PM
AURON ROCKS !!!

he had a good story line and was FREAKING COOL in everything !!!

but you know there will be no Final Fantasy without Yuna and Tidus .
They are a team after all ....

Jecht kicked ass since is first apearence on the game ,and Wakka was a very interesing character either , Ya ?

Cuchulainn
03-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Fort me personally, Wakka was a breath of fresh air when the game needed it. He was a great character imho. Auron, despite his Cliché's, was still, for me, the best in the game. He's by no means original (there's a bit of Cyan Garamonde & Cid Highwind in him mixed with Vincent Valentine) but I've always liked that type of character & while his story is Cliché-Hero, it still gripped me, maybe even morerso than the previous 2 mentioned. Lulu was a decent character & Kimari ended up being a weapon of total destruction for me, pretty early on...but by the time I maxed out everyone, no one stood out, my party resembled the German Army going into Poland. Good game, not the best, VII, IX & VI still hold that crown respectively, but nevertheless, worthy of the FF name.

ffrinoa8
03-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Jecht... no more questions...

Padr Fydcuh
03-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Auron, which seems to be a popular fave.
Wakka, just as far as personality (and voice) go.
And actually, I would marry Luzzu. I always make sure he lives because he's so calm and cool and collected and...well, just plain hot.
Oh, and Sin. Does that count?

T-MaN
03-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Well, Sin is in FFX, so i guess that Sin would definetly count as a FFX Character

BackRoomKid
03-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Auron....so cool

I remember when Mika got sent and that one chick came in "where's mika?" and Auron just stepped right in "he't not here yet, how long must we wait!?" that just showed his wit, really cool