PDA

View Full Version : New Yevon or...

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 10:34 AM
I've just finished chapter one, just got the 'awesome sphere'.. prob is, i hafta choose either the new yevon or the.. aww sheeshh i forgot the name.. the team where Nooj is the leader.. so which one should i choose?

my friends say that by choosing the New Yevon, i could get 100% on my first save file. but they also say that it's not good to get 100% on the 1st time playing.. so what's up with that? can i carry forward all my items and level and dress sphere on the new game after i beat the game for the 1st time? Much appreciate guys... :D

alexholker
02-10-2005, 11:01 AM
It is actually the Youth League that lets you get 100% first time, but don't worry about which one you join. The "new game plus" lets you keep everything except your levels and your key items (but you do keep the Al Bhed primers you have collected).

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 11:26 AM
so than which one should i really join? ANd what's with not recommended to have 100% on my first save file? izzit bad?

alexholker
02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Just pick one. It doesn't matter.

Getting 100% in your first game isn't bad, but there is no reason why you should feel obliged to get 100% on the first game. To do so, you'd probably need to use a guide, and that takes some of the fun out of it. Just play through the game normally the first time, don't worry about getting completion points.

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
so that's the only reason,ya? mmmmmm i'll try and get the 100% without using any walkthrough, though.. but i know.. it's nearly impossible to beat the game with 100% without using any walkthrough, ya?

oh one more thing.. izzit worth it? i mean all the trouble to get 100% just to watch the perfect ending... does the perfect ending worth all the trouble?

Armisael
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Well actually if you get 100% it's not only the ending you can watch..It's other scenes on the game that really worth the time..

But as alexholker stated above you don't have to push yourself to get 100% on your fist time..You can play it as you wish without using a guide-it's nearly impossible to get 100% without it-and you can try the second time..That's what i am currently doing..

Generally i believe that 100% really worth the effort..^_^

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 03:25 PM
sweet dude!!

i think i'll do just that.. never played a FF game with 100% walkthrough guide anyway.. just ask around and resolve to walkthrough only when things get really messed up...

Chocobo100
02-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Go with the Youth Leage!!!

rubah
02-27-2005, 03:33 AM
The Youth league generally has 'better' action in it and stuff. It doesn't seem like you can do quite as much if you side up with New Yevon. But that's probably my imagination.

Play it both ways though.

Rainecloud
02-27-2005, 08:46 AM
If you finish with 100% first time round, I'll pay off your mortgage.