PDA

View Full Version : Konami vs. Capcom

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-10-2005, 10:42 PM
So, which is it, the Raiders or the Cowboys?

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Packers.

The Man
02-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Argh. KISHI, WHY MUST YOU TORMENT US SO? Both publishers are godly. I can't choose. :(

Edit: After careful and forced consideration, I shall be choosing Konami, mostly because Suikoden II is tied with FFVI as my favourite game ever. If not for that one game, I'd have an extremely difficult time choosing.

Lionx
02-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Capcom seems to have a much more games i like @_@ But Konami is good too...just prefer capcom more.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-10-2005, 11:39 PM
For the record.

Konami
Frogger
Gradius
Twinbee
Antarctic Adventure
Knightmare
Castlevania
Salamander
Metal Gear
Snatcher
Goemon
Parodius
Contra
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Rocket Knight Adventures
Tokimeki Memorial
Vandal Hearts
Genso Suikoden
Silent Hill
Dance Dance Revolution
Karaoke Revolution
Zone of the Enders
Boktai
Capcom
Rock Man (Mega Man)
Makaimura (Ghosts n' Goblins)
Final Fight
Street Fighter
Duck Tales
Strider Hiryu
Magical Adventure
Dungeons & Dragons
Marvel Super Heroes
Breath of Fire
Vampire (Darkstalkers)
Biohazard (Resident Evil)
Justice High Schools (Rival Schools)
Dino Crisis
Power Stone
Onimusha
Devil May Cry
Tekki (Steel Battalion)
Viewtiful Joe

Doomgaze
02-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Konami, definitely. Konami's better than Squeenix, too.

Del Murder
02-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Touchdown RRRRRRRRRRaiders!

edczxcvbnm
02-10-2005, 11:53 PM
You didn't list Steel Battalion for Capcom? Its like their one good XBOX game!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-10-2005, 11:55 PM
I was only listing series and had forgotten that they're making a sequel to Steel Battalion, making it a series. Fixed.

edczxcvbnm
02-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I thought that we could already consider it a series as they had the stand alone original and then released Line of Contact. While not a true sequel and more of an expansion the same could be said for DDR as it is mainly new songs from version to verision.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2005, 12:11 AM
If Steel Battalion had half as many expansions as DDR, I'd have counted it immediately.

edczxcvbnm
02-11-2005, 12:18 AM
True...True.

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2005, 12:36 AM
What did I miss?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Despite the fact that Konami and Capcom are called rivals in the industry, you're prettymuch the only person I expected to vote for Capcom.

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Hell yes Capcom. Capcom made Street Fighter and Megaman, so they're already gods.

Don't tell me they're making a game of this? Because I googled "Konami Vs Capcom" and an interesting page came up on the Konamijp website,

edczxcvbnm
02-11-2005, 12:47 AM
I vote Capcom also. Konami makes Metal Gear and Castlevania...thats all they are really good for in my opinion. Every now and then they have another game or two that I like such as Z.O.E. but for the most part nope. I don't really like Silent Hill or Boktai. Contra WAS cool.

They still make megaman games and while not as good as they use to be still are fun to play. I love Resident Evil and some of their other newer games. Konami isn't all that big to me.

Although to me Namco is the real contender here. They have more good series than either Capcom or Konami in my opinion.

black orb
02-11-2005, 01:17 AM
* Gradius
* Twinbee
* Parodius
* Tokimeki Memorial
* Genso Suikoden
>>> I love those games :<3: ..
Tokimeki Memorial, I dont know if it was the first but it was the game that made dating sims huge in Japan..
Im with Konami here.

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2005, 01:59 AM
This thread would be better with a poll, imho.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2005, 02:03 AM
I'd rather read posts than look at percentages.

Cless
02-11-2005, 03:50 AM
I was having trouble deciding, until I saw this:

Goemon
:eek: KONAMI! KONAMI! KONAMI!

But seriously, that's a toughie. Konami just about edges it for me. I think both companies make some brilliant games though I think it's my hopeless love for the Metal Gear series that wins out in the end.

Sepho
02-11-2005, 04:12 AM
If that was asked of me prior to the PS1-era, I'd probably say that I couldn't make a decision.

However, I must go for Konami. Capcom, I've always felt in recent years, is very inconsistent in the quality of games they make, and inconsistent as to whether they make games that are innovative or likely to be commercially successful.

And the Resident Evil series, one of Capcom's big franchises, is one I don't particularly care for, and never have. I've stated why many a time, and I'll just say now that there are certain gameplay elements that completely ruin it for me. On the other hand, it's one of those series I love to watch being played. Just don't ask me to take the controller, because there's a chance that it'll end up in pieces, out of frustration resulting from the horrible controls.

Silent Hill 2 is probably my favorite survival horror game, but I'd like to make it a point that I don't hold Silent Hill, as a series, in much higher regard than the RE series. The last two games released just haven't appealed to me. I say this to point out that RE vs. SH isn't a deciding factor in choosing which developer I favor, at all.

I love Gradius (I own GIII for the SNES, GIII & IV for the PS2, and GV for the PS2), but as I mentioned in the other versus thread, I'm a sucker for shooters.

NM
02-11-2005, 11:22 AM
You may expect me to pick Capcom but i'm not goning to. For the simple reason that Capcom treat us Euro gamers like crap, with there shoddy PAL conversions of game's. Ooo I just love a great whacking border at the top and bottom of the screen. Thank's for putting in some effort Capcom. *Where's an up yours simley when you need one?* :D

They also scammed us with Street Fighter Anivesary Collection for the PS2, and only released it on the XBOX in the UK, so no Street Fighter 3 for me. :mad2: Also Capcom Fighting Evolution is yet to be released over here and I have no idea when it will be.

So I go for Konami for games like, Metal Gear and Pro Evolution Soccer.

DMKA
02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I've never liked Konami, and always loved Capcom. :D

Dreddz
02-11-2005, 04:57 PM
At first i thought yer definately Capcom. But when i think about it Konami has been a lot better. The only games i really enjoyed from Capcom were the resi series. And konami made the silent hill series which i prefer. They also do MGS and Vandal hearts So im going with Konami

Mirage
02-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I've never cared much about Capcom games. However, some of my favourite games are made by Konami. Konami also get a HUGE BONUS for giving us Europeans good conversions of their games.

Yamaneko
02-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Konami is Castlevania, thus they are the greatest of the two.

Cz
02-11-2005, 10:31 PM
In addition to the great games 'Kishi listed, Konami are also repsonsible for the wonder that is Pro Evolution Soccer, which swings the balance in favour of them for the majority of European gamers, myself included.

Rostum
02-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I don't really play video games much anymore, but I remember Konami bringing out really good games, but Capcom have the Street Fighter series which I like...

I'm still going for Konami.

Pure Strife
02-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Resident Evil, Onimusha, Devil May Cry, Dino Crisis
Vs
Metal Gear

Much as I love Metal Gear, it has to be Capcom. I'll never for get those old Megadrive Street Fighter days.

Destai
02-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I cant go aginst Metal Gear, Konami.

Storm
02-12-2005, 04:12 AM
I think Capcom wins by a fair margin. I've been addicted to Mega Man since the instant I learned how to play a video game system. I used to draw my own Mega Man levels on paper and make up my own bosses. By the way, Mega Man X8 was a great game. Quite the improvement over Mega Man X7.

On the other hand, Konami did produce Contra 3 and Super Castlevania, which are two more of my favorites.

Regardless, Capcom wins out the end, solely because of Mega Man.

Agent Proto
02-12-2005, 04:31 AM
I'm going with Capcom here, solely because they're also be able to work along with Nintendo for the Zelda series. :D That and their games are better, imo. Konami has some great games, but Capcom beats em out.

Dingo Jellybean
02-12-2005, 06:49 AM
I'll go with Capcom.

Mainly because of the SF series, 194x series, Giga Wing series, and RE2 & 3...Konami has some great series like Castlevania and TMNT, but most of my childhood depended on Capcom games more so than Konami. I still remember the first day I played Mega Man...*sheds a tear*

Erdrick Holmes
02-12-2005, 08:39 AM
How can you not name Megaman, Dingo?

Also, lets not forget some of the leeser known Capcom games that rock dispite the fact only a select few know of them, like Cyberbots and Tech Romancer, Star Gladiator, Puzzle Fighter, and Darkstalkers, (if anybody can tell me where I can get the PSX games of Darkstalkers series that'd rule) as well as Final Fight.

Also, I think Sega and Capcom are in almost the same league.

omnitarian
02-12-2005, 04:32 PM
I added up the games in my head, and Capcom came out ahead by a tiny margin, pretty much because of the Zelda games.

Mega Man Battle Network + Breath of Fire + Mega Man 2 + U.N. Squadron + Oracle games > GBA Castlevanias + Survival Kids + Mystical Ninja + Double Dribble

I must admit that I've had limited experience with either company, though. :moomba:

krissy
02-12-2005, 09:37 PM
konami

Zeldy
02-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Capcom didn't make Zelda games did it?
i know Capcom made the turok games =)
iive seen the name Konami before i just cant remember what off..
do they make racing games..?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Acclaim made the Turok games, not Capcom. Capcom did work with Nintendo to make about four Zelda games.

Erdrick Holmes
02-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Capcom did work on the Oricles games and the GBA version of Link to the Past.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-12-2005, 10:33 PM
They didn't work on the GBA version of A Link to the Past. They made Four Swords, which was on the same cartridge as the GBA version of A Link to the Past. They also made Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and The Minish Cap.

BatChao
02-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Capcom make Resident Evil 4, so they are automatically the greatest thing ever.