PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Everywhere

eestlinc
02-11-2005, 06:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/eestlinc/MountainsinAspen.jpg

Even in Aspen, Colorado you can get a Big Mac and a heart attack.

Jojee
02-11-2005, 07:16 AM
McDonald's is taking over. It's horrible. Even in China, the obesity rates have been going up like whoa -- huge contributing factor? Fast food.

Rainecloud
02-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Now's the time to fight back ... by not visiting McDonalds. Thankfully, I know a lot of members here who hate McDonalds and refuse to purchase anything from them. Well done. Let's keep it up.

If there's one thing I'd like to see before I die, it's to see McDonalds go out of business.

Lionx
02-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Yea Fast Food is the starter of having low minimal wage skills. By getting everything in a factory, and only hiring people to do things that are simple to do(cashier, packing up a sandwich..etc) as well as having disposables, there was no need to pay high for any well Cook. This started all the other fast food chains and the way of working in which today, if you arent specialized in something that is hard to do and get, you get minimal wage or less. Therefore i despise fast food as not only did it make people obese(although that IS their own fault), it also changed the way people economically did things. Read the book "Fast Food Nation"...its a good book.

Necronopticous
02-11-2005, 07:25 AM
edit:: this picture was cool before the bandwidth wore out.

Yamaneko
02-11-2005, 07:35 AM
Even in Aspen, Colorado you can get a Big Mac and a heart attack.
I heard climbing tall mountains can induce a heart attack.

Miriel
02-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Omg, scary clown. :(

My sociology Professor likes to rant and rave about the McDonaldization of our society. I don't particularly care though, which is odd since I greatly dislike Walmart and the two companies share a lot in common. *shrugs*

Lionx
02-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Well lets say you wanted to be a cook, back then before the McDonalization, its prolly a pretty decent job. Now because everyone can fill in the roles with little to no experience, theres no need to hire a cook that could leave you if they dont like it. Just get a few ppl to make sandwiches, some to do cashier work, and etc...basically make the jobs in there REPLACEABLE. Anyone can do it, if you dont like it get lost so we can hire another. No need for the restaruant to die because the cook doesnt like it there anymore. Also they dumped tableware and the sort and resorted to sandwiches which can be dumped. They introduced the concept of efficiency, where they can cut costs and not hiring a cook is one of them. Minimal wage now, is no longer, anything minimal. I am sure most people dont care, but the poor people of the society ladder would.

Resha
02-11-2005, 09:06 AM
McD's over KFC, anyday. People seem so down on McD's...I like it!! :(

Rye
02-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Let's all watch Super Size Me!

I prefer Burger King to McDonalds, because they cook their burgers in a healthier way, but I can't even eat Burger King too much anymore. Slimy greasy burgers and slimy greasy fries just don't appeal to me anymore. Now resturaunt fries, that's a different story... :<3:

K-chan
02-11-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't eat at fast food places unless I'm going on a long car trip. The older I get, the more I realize how gross it is.

Misfit
02-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I like McDonald's... ^_^

Old Manus
02-11-2005, 12:37 PM
I prefer Burger King to McDonald's. The stuff in McD's looks and tastes poorly and cheaply made. Though BK is not much healthier.

Resha
02-11-2005, 12:59 PM
I like McDonald's... ^_^

YES!!! YES! FINALLY...someone besides me... :love:

Ultima Shadow
02-11-2005, 01:50 PM
That clown, Ronald, always reminds me of Kefka. :eek: McDonalds food=Poorly made crap food.

Chris
02-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Fast food restaurants will always be there.

But that doesn't mean that you have to eat there.

Dignified Pauper
02-11-2005, 02:53 PM
McDonalds and Walmart... Two evil organizations bent on world conquest economically.

Old Manus
02-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I reckon they will stop the adverts where a grown man dressed as a clown hangs around alone with a bunch of kids.

Destai
02-11-2005, 04:47 PM
I dont really blame macdonalds because people cant settle for salad. They offer the food but we're (by which I mean you and not me) the ones who take, eat and enjoy it. I really need to see supersize me. Some of the stories Ive heard are terrible but I really havent been in one since they started the salads and healthier choice options. Burger kings my true love anyway.

fire_of_avalon
02-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Fast food restaurants will always be there.

But that doesn't mean that you have to eat there.

Agreed.

Peegee
02-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I love the idea of you blaming a company for selling a product which is only purchased due to human free will.

Incidentally this thread makes me want to go to McDonald's. Who among you has 10% body fat (from eating at McD's) and wants to come with?

fire_of_avalon
02-11-2005, 05:13 PM
PG is racist againts fat people :(

Dignified Pauper
02-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Burger kings my true love anyway.

I agree.

Zeldy
02-11-2005, 05:36 PM
eugh, im not a lover of fast food places, we rarely go McDonalds or any other place. But when i do go McDonalds all i have is the fries =/
mmmmm tasty fries :love:

Mirage
02-11-2005, 05:40 PM
McDonalds suck, Their burgers taste like plastic. Burger King is much better. Unfortunately, this town hasn't got Burger King :[.

Strider
02-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Doesn't McDonald's have a ski-thru restaurant in Sweden or something?

Lionx
02-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Ugh how is BK better? I recently got a breakfast sandwich there on a hurry and theres alot of OIL under the burger leaking out of the wrapper..ugh i got sick the entire day -_-

Strider
02-11-2005, 05:49 PM
But that's the best part!

<3 Croissan'wich.

Destai
02-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Ugh how is BK better? I recently got a breakfast sandwich there on a hurry and theres alot of OIL under the burger leaking out of the wrapper..ugh i got sick the entire day - -As if that would EVER happen in Mac Donalds!

Tokki Wartooth
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
McD's over KFC, anyday. People seem so down on McD's...I like it!! :(
Anything over KFC.

Destai
02-11-2005, 06:06 PM
That popcorn chicken looked delicious, boy was I wrong.

DoomAntenna
02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Well, if you wanted to be a cook, you'd probably be shooting to work at an actual restaurant, not fast food. They actually do still exist, you know. I think McDonald's is declining in popularity now. The only way it will go out of business, though, is if people stop eating there. So don't blame the corporation when its the people's fault:o). And I'm more of a Wendy's girl, anyhow. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years.

Mirage
02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
BK burgers have always tasted excellent when I've bought them. This goes for all BK restaurants I've been to here in Norway. I've been forced to eat at McD 4-5 times, and I've yet to enjoy a meal there.

Peegee
02-11-2005, 06:37 PM
PG is racist againts fat people :(

hahaha <3

Psychotic
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
The only problem I have with McDonald's is that I am not their CEO, or whatever the hell it is they have. :D

UltimaLimit
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I think McDonald's is declining in popularity now.Think again. They're declining in advertising, wheras more and more opponents are popping up and flooding the media with ads to distract us. They're not advertising as much because everyone knows they're there. For better or for worse, McDonald's has become a part of American culture, to the point where they don't need to advertise as much; just a little to let people know they're still alive and kicking. They're like Washington or something; everyone knows that Washington is garunteed to be in America, so Washington doesn't send too many "come here" ads our way because we know it's there. Do you get my point?

If there's one thing I'd like to see before I die, it's to see McDonalds go out of business.I agree that MDs has spread like a plague. I, too, hope that it won't prove as permanent as Washington. Unfortunately, you do realize that if McDonald's finally dies, it'll just be replaced by a clone, like Carl's Jr. or Burger King. :(

eestlinc
02-12-2005, 04:13 AM
I don't really like McDonald's, but Burger King is just nasty. I'd rather lick my toilet than eat anything from Burger King.

Miriel
02-12-2005, 07:45 AM
They're not advertising as much because everyone knows they're there. For better or for worse, McDonald's has become a part of American culture, to the point where they don't need to advertise as much; just a little to let people know they're still alive and kicking. :(

Oh yes, they're alive and well, and also encouraging people to fornicate (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/mcdonalds.jpg) with their burgers!

louby_4eva
02-12-2005, 11:07 AM
I eat Mccy D's way to much, I have at least 2 happy meals a week, but I gave it up for lent, I think I'm addicted or something, but I try and only eat it on Fridays now. I love Mccy D's :love:

Dr.K
02-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I eat Mccy D's way to much, I have at least 2 happy meals a week

Better than getting some behemoth super size meal :)
I used to eat McDonalds casually a couple years ago...then, i can't remember how, but i just went off it completely, almost over night. I think it was after looking at the nutritional information :p
Now i tend not to bother with fast food at all.

Shoden
02-12-2005, 01:02 PM
meh i only get nugget meals from Maccy Ds 6 chicken nuggets and fries i like Burger king fries aswell they're nice but i eat chips alot (english for fries) and im only 6 and a half stone fast metabolism i eat healthy things too eg veg soup, Carrots, Brocoli, Grapes, Oranges and apples things like that but i still think mcdonalds make they're stuff too greasy Burger king is no different and KFC dear god why are they still in business it aint real chicken they give ya its usually fish rabbit deer fox anything they can throw in and call it chicken KFC is worse than maccy Ds and Burger king together but some MaccyD shops sell fruits and salad i like the milkshakes there too except bannana XD yak bannanas.

ok i still think Mc Donalds should make they're food less greasy and reduce quantities of the places same with other fast food places then we wont have so many 30 year olds dieing of heart attacks less obese kids and replace the joints with excercise places eg Gyms Springs (like a pool and Gym in one) and Leisure centres (just a sports centre with pools halls fields and resting places)

Destai
02-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Even if it is Mc D's is everywhere.

Endless
02-12-2005, 05:48 PM
http://www.funpic.hu/files/pics/00021/00021684.jpg

eestlinc
02-13-2005, 09:24 AM
that picture looks so shoped...

I don't even own photoshop.

Lionx
02-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Well, if you wanted to be a cook, you'd probably be shooting to work at an actual restaurant, not fast food. They actually do still exist, you know. I think McDonald's is declining in popularity now. The only way it will go out of business, though, is if people stop eating there. So don't blame the corporation when its the people's fault:o). And I'm more of a Wendy's girl, anyhow. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years.

I meant back during the 1920s when Fast food was NOT established and most restaruants have a cook.

Rusty
02-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I love McDonalds :) But I still don't understand why people blame them for the obesity issue. Like Chris said, just because it's there doesn't mean you have to eat it.

Mirage
02-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Suing McDonalds for for making you fat is like suing Ford because you ran over a guy.

Doc Sark
02-13-2005, 02:03 PM
The biggest McDonalds in the world, up until recently, is in Red Square, Moscow. Now if that isn't a scary sign of American cultural invasion, I don't know what is.

Personally, if I have a hangover, I can't wait to get to McDonalds, I'm fit, I'm healthy and in no way overweight. People aren't forced at gunpoint to go into McDonalds and eat there every day. I'm going with Ching Chong on this one. People have their own free will.