PDA

View Full Version : Cloud and Tifa?

mutantangel
02-11-2005, 09:30 AM
I was talking to a friend when I was in high school. He mentioned that Zell might be the grandson of Zell and Tifa. Several clues. One, Zell's spikey hair. Two, Zell DOES mention that his grandfather was a soldier in FF8. Lastly, he uses martial arts, much like Tifa, and also only uses gloves. Coincidence?

TheAbominatrix
02-11-2005, 09:32 AM
I dont see how the world of VII could change to the world of VIII in only two generations. It could certainly be a little joke by Square, but logically it doesnt work out, so it cant be fact in the game.

Sefie1999AD
02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I was talking to a friend when I was in high school. He mentioned that Zell might be the grandson of Zell and Tifa. Several clues. One, Zell's spikey hair. Two, Zell DOES mention that his grandfather was a soldier in FF8. Lastly, he uses martial arts, much like Tifa, and also only uses gloves. Coincidence?

Zell might be the grandson of Zell and Tifa? :p

I don't think Tifa, Cloud and Zell are related. The worlds are so much different that it'd take several generations for them to shape up like that. How can Esthar become there all of a sudden? Are Centra Ruins the place where Midgar used to be, or where City of the Ancients used to be? How can there be no more Mako or Materia anymore? And so forth.

Square often likes to put many cameos that make you think how the worlds could be related. Freya has Kain's Lance and Zidane sees Cloud's Buster Sword and a guy called Locke in Lindblum, Shinra (from FFX-2) makes references to using the planet's energy as a power source etc.

Destai
02-11-2005, 04:27 PM
:lol:

Nova Briar
02-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I think it's purely coincidence, because--as Sephiroth1999AD pointed out--there are far too many differences between the worlds of VII and VIII for that theory to be very likely.

The most connection that might be there is the possibility that Nomura may have looked to some of the other FF characters for inspiration (including Cloud and Tifa) while drawing up the new folks for VIII. Besides, you can find similarities between a lot of the Final Fantasy characters (or any video game characters, for that matter) if you look hard enough.

Interesting observation, though. I hadn't really noticed it before. ;)

Nova Briar

Lady Relena
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey Sephiroth1999AD where did you get that screen shot of Cloud and Aeris? It looks like it's feom kingdoom Hearts.

TheAbominatrix
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
It's from Kingdom Hearts, yes. It's a scene from the ending FMV.

CloudStrife48
03-10-2005, 06:58 AM

:p your friend has such a nice theory :rolleyes2