PDA

View Full Version : Best Emulator for FFVI JP version?

Rudster
02-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Hello, I'm kinda new to EoFF forums. Well, I've just finished playing FFIV (JP) and FFV (JP) translated versions and had a lot of fun. I've noticed there were many different names for all types of versions for these games, but I don't mind that.

I'm now currently playing FFVI (JP) translated version and came across some graphical glitches when I walk around the world map, where the screen blinks some annoying glitches on the screen every step I take. Also, when I face Vargas I can't see the arrows pointing to my menu. I'm using ZSNES v1.42 (latest version yet) and I was just wondering if it was like this for anyone else with this emulator. If so, what is the best emulator to play most RPG games on such as FFVI?

Thanks for your time. :)

alexholker
02-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm now currently playing FFVI (JP) translated version and came across some graphical glitches when I walk around the world map, where the screen blinks some annoying glitches on the screen every step I take.Are any of your characters poisoned? Since poisoned party members take damage every step you take, there is a graphical cue, so that your entire party doesn't drop dead without you noticing.

Also, when I face Vargas I can't see the arrows pointing to my menu. I'm using ZSNES v1.42 (latest version yet) and I was just wondering if it was like this for anyone else with this emulator. If so, what is the best emulator to play most RPG games on such as FFVI?When using an older version of ZSNES, I had the same dissappearing/flickering cursor problem.

Rudster
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Are any of your characters poisoned? Since poisoned party members take damage every step you take, there is a graphical cue, so that your entire party doesn't drop dead without you noticing.

No, none of my characters are poisoned. I know what you're talking about, I've been poisoned before. Besides, it is distinctly different from the poisoned screen effect, it mostly glitches the upper half of the screen, almost like colored static.

When using an older version of ZSNES, I had the same dissappearing/flickering cursor problem.

I'm using the newest ZSNES version (v1.42, that's the newest I think). Hmmm, do you think it could be my ROM, or perhaps the translation patch that I applied to the JP version?

Btw, thanks for the reply :)

Rudster
02-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, I have one more question to ask.

Is it better to just play the English version (FFIII) or use the translation patch for the JP version of FFVI? I've heard in FFIV it was better to play the translated Japanese version because the English version lacked many things from the original game and it was too easy, but how is it for FFVI? Thanks. :)

abrojtm
02-11-2005, 11:25 PM
There is almost no difference between the FFIII(US) and the FFVI(JP) rom. Siren is nude, so is the picture boss. A few names were translated differently (Crusader=Jihad, Terra=Tina). Other than that, the games are nearly identical. FFIV on the other hand, is a different story.

I use SNES9x and it runs FFVI (JP) and FFIII(US) fine.

Rudster
02-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply guys.

I started over with the US version, and the graphical glitches no the world map screen are all gone now (it was really annoying). The glitch with the arrows not showing up on the menu screen for Vargas is still there, but that's only for him (I hope) so I don't mind. Thanks guys for your input. :D