PDA

View Full Version : Its all over for me.

Lord_Seymour
02-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Thats it, i have had enough, final fantasy, the last series is coming to an end, in my opinion square lost it with final fantasy 9, and they havent got their stride back. Im throwing out ffx, ffx-2 and ffxi. Im just going to replay all the good final fantasies and feel sorry for myself, now the only good game companies to look at are blizzard and namco's (hideo kojima) thats it, everything else is http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif, EVERYTHING, games are now mass produced to feed to general populace. The good game developers are slowly being swallowed by coorporations, all the old concepts are used in every sequel and new game produced. i hate what is happening to the game industry. :blahblah:

my opinion, feel free to nit-pick my rant as it was done in haste and after :beer: 3 pints of ale. :grumble: ARRRRRrrrrrrr-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .
Thats :grover: my :twocents:

Blackmageboi
02-11-2005, 01:52 PM
i'm with you!
i'm replaying 4+5 instead of 10 +11

Polaris
02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
they need just a few inspiration and FF will return to be the same as before...

Ultima Shadow
02-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Bah, while I agree that the FFs will never get as good as they were before... they are still very good so far. FFX is a great game... even tough many of the characters annoyed me alot. FFX2 was a very bad FF in my opinion but not a bad game. And it was just a quick mad sequel... and FFXI is just a freaking online game (this annoys me alot) but hopefully FF will get back on track after FFXII...
And there's alot of other great RPG games. Like Suikoden and Xenosaga etc.

ps: Wrong forum. :greenie:

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Aw. I thought this was a suicide thread.
You got me all excited over nothing. :(

Chris
02-11-2005, 02:05 PM
It's an adjustment really.

You just have to accept the faq that nothing stays the same, things evolve but not always for the better.

m4tt
02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Funny that you don't like FFX, and you're named after one of it's villians.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
He's trying to mess with your MIND, man.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
I've never heard of a game company being swallowed by a corporation. You know, except for when Microsoft bought out Rare, but who cares about Rare?

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Rare made Battletoads, didn't they?

Final Fantasy's been going downhill after FFIX.

edczxcvbnm
02-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Hideo Kojima works for Konami, not Namco.

DMKA
02-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I think it's been going uphill personally.

Wiegrahf42
02-24-2005, 02:52 AM
Make sure to throw in some Xenogears and Final Fantasy Tactics!

strawberryman
02-24-2005, 06:06 AM
As i have said before-

Change is constant. Why be afraid of it?

DocFrance
02-24-2005, 06:18 AM
Play Suikoden. You'll never go back to Final Fantasy afterwards.

la monk
02-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Rare made Battletoads, didn't they?

Final Fantasy's been going downhill after FFIX.
battletoads is an awesome game.!!!.

Destai
02-24-2005, 11:23 PM
:rolleyes2 Whats the the name for old guys who like to bitch about how much better things were back in there day?

Cless
02-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Im throwing out ffx
:confused:
As has already been stated, why then, is your screename and avatar of one of it's villians??? :confused:

Dignified Pauper
02-25-2005, 02:42 PM
FF isn't HORRIBLE... but it's definitely gone down hill. They have strayed away from what made FF FF, it's format. While FFT and FFXI strayed away, tactics isn't actually a part of the series, more of a different genre in the same name, thus tactics and not VIII which it could have been. FFXI I think should have been named FF:Online, but whatever, they already done messed that up. FFXII shouldn't be named FFXII because they've distance almost all traditional FF qualities.

Older FF's had that turn based battle, which was later turned into the ATB, which I personally love. Then we had a stray away from magic buying to learning in IV then back to buying, then to espers, then to materia, then drawing, then weapons, then a sphere grid... I don't mind the magic changing, as it's never been constant.

What I do miss is the tradition feel. The older FF's, FFIV-VIII especially (maybe excluding V) had the best stories, hands down. Sadly, most people have not played these, thus Squeenix isn't so apt to live up to these, unless they wanted to please true DIE-HARD OLDSCHOOL FF Fans. I think it'd be a great idea for XIII to be an AMAZING story, go back to ATB, and create an even more inventive way of learning magic.

Rye
02-25-2005, 03:29 PM
FFIX rocked, but I agree that is has gone downhill.

Erdrick Holmes
02-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Play Phantasy Star II-IV. Best RPGs EVAR.

Camanche
02-25-2005, 05:51 PM
My vote here would be to go for the "try other RPG's and game genres". Recently, many absolutely excellent games have been coming out other then FF's. Who knows, maybe FFXII will blow us out of the water.