View Full Version : Quick Magic Question, FFII

Taibak
02-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey,

In FFII, what does Aura do, exactly?

Thanks

DJZen
02-11-2005, 08:31 PM
It adds elemental properties to your attack.

Taibak
02-11-2005, 09:57 PM
It adds elemental properties to your attack.

Erm... could you elaborate a little, please?

Captain Maxx Power
02-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I.e. Elemental damage, such as a bonus fire damage, cold damage, ice damage etc. There are different abilities that can be associated with aura thusly:

White Aura: Turns a character white, giving them Ice elemental attack.

Yellow Aura: Turns a character yellow, giving them more Critical Hit
chance.

Green Aura: Turns a character green, giving them Poison status attack.

Black Aura: Turns a character black, giving them Death status attack.

Blue Aura: Turns a character blue, giving them Bolt elemental attack.

Orange Aura: Turns a character orange, giving them Soul elemental attack.

Red Aura: Turns a character red, giving them Fire elemental attack.

AFAIK only one status from the aura can be active. The auras appear from Level 1-7 in the order I listed above (i.e. level 1 gives white aura, level 2 gives yellow or white aura, level 3 green, yellow and white etc.)

DJZen
02-12-2005, 01:08 AM
There's actually suprisingly little documentation (within the game and without) about the real effects of spells. But yeah, it's hard to tell if the effects are additive or replacive. I'd think it gives you as many as it can, but there's not much to confirm that. I also think that Yellow and Orange aura are body and mind elemental respectively. Again, there's not really anything to confirm that. Also, green and black give elemental attacks, not statuses. FFII is weird like that. It's best not to get into it too much....

Captain Maxx Power
02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Put it this way. Aura = good, no matter what :)

Desert Merchant
02-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Put it this way. Aura = good, no matter what :)

uhh i donno about that what if you have a fire element and your fighting a fire monster

DJZen
02-16-2005, 01:27 AM
It may or may not also give you the ice properties, I've yet to really test it out, wouldn't be that difficult though.

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 01:20 AM
I think we should all test it out, seeing it's different effects, and taking notes. That might be a little extreme, though. Besides, I haven't gotten the tome yet, so I couldn't do much.