PDA

View Full Version : Ive finally got a PSP

Dreddz
02-11-2005, 08:41 PM
After long waiting i finally got my hands on the PSP. I dunno if the people in America have it yet. You probably do. But for the people in the UK i got one off eBay and with Ridge Racer and Metal Gear Acid and Dynasty warriors. Its great how did they get something like this in such a small package. All the games are great but Metal Gear Acid is terrible and mega hard. Kinda stupid to. If anyone has a PSP tell everyone how great it is

Rostum
02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Well, what would be nice is how you like the games (in a bit more detail) and what features you think are great on the thing.

I simply would like to know this, so I can decided later on if I'll buy it or not.

blue_midget192
02-11-2005, 11:32 PM
yes... tell all :) is it worth [insert ammount you paid here]? :)

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 12:28 AM
I paid £225 for it all. The games are very good. The graphics are amazing as well as the gameplay. This is for the three games ive got now. Ridge Racer so far is the first choice game for the PSP as its both amazing and a welcome comeback into the series

Rostum
02-12-2005, 01:55 AM
Yes, but what features do you like about PSP, and the controls for it? Also why are the games great? You're being vague, and I really wanted to know if it was worth getting. A simple "It's awesome!" just won't cut it, I'm afraid. So please, tell us. =D

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 11:49 AM
It comes with earplugs to listen to the game. The sound is great. I dunno what you want me to say though. Its got all the same features of a PS2 controller but the analog is really small but still usable. The screen is larger than it looks. I got a case with it . You can listen to music but i havent had time to test it out. You can also get movies for it but i got the japanese version so i can only play japanese clips and movies. The games can work on it in english You can change the setting so you can get the games in english. The PSP is not like a PS2 in the fact that you can play games all around the world. Stuff like PAL and NSTC dont seem to be a problam. Tell me exactly on what you want me to say

Dr.K
02-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Does the small size of the screen affect gameplay would you say?
How's the battery life?
Does it get hot after extended periods?
Is it weighty?

I'm delighted to hear it has good sound.

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 12:39 PM
The size of the screen may be a problem for some but i think its fine and big enough. The battery life last for quite long ive heard i havent yet used all the battery life yet so i havent had to recharge it. Neither have i played it for so long that it gets hot. I played it last night before i went to bed for about an hour and it kept pretty cool. The game discs are small bit smaller than the ones for gamecube. But the best thing is that they all come in a special case So you cant scratch the disc. The case does not have to be taken off so you put it both in The PSP Games go into it by the back of the PSP. Anymore questions?

Dr.K
02-12-2005, 12:43 PM
That's definitely a big bonus that the discs can't become scratched. Thanks for the info :)

YukiKiro
02-17-2005, 08:46 AM
oh how WRONG you are about the US thing. the people in japan obviously like seeing us suffer, because we never EVER get the good stuff , or its reliesed super late, PSP for example. we got the DS before everyone else... by a week. we still have to wait until may for our psp's to ship in, 5 months after the japan reliese.

NM
02-17-2005, 10:54 AM
oh how WRONG you are about the US thing. the people in japan obviously like seeing us suffer, because we never EVER get the good stuff , or its reliesed super late, PSP for example. we got the DS before everyone else... by a week. we still have to wait until may for our psp's to ship in, 5 months after the japan reliese.

Oh you poor thing. How do you cope?

Come live in the UK. Then you can get everything 6 months to a year after everyone else or not at all.

Dreddz
02-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Yer why does the UK get all games last and in some cases not at all. Also features of the games are taken out of games like resi outbreak were the online option was zipped. But we do get some advantages cause in MGS 2 you can get European Extreme which was good but i found that way to hard!

Nod
02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, games that are released in the UK are apparently made harder sometimes, if they are ever released at all.

Clouded Sky
02-17-2005, 06:38 PM
we still have to wait until may for our psp's to ship in, 5 months after the japan reliese.

i thought they had set a definite release date for march 24th?

Doomgaze
02-17-2005, 06:50 PM
...Isn't Metal Gear Ac!d kind of hard in japanese? Oh, it has a language option? Nevermind.

YukiKiro - the US is going to get the PSP before the UK does, by about a month.

YukiKiro
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Yer why does the UK get all games last and in some cases not at all. Also features of the games are taken out of games like resi outbreak were the online option was zipped. But we do get some advantages cause in MGS 2 you can get European Extreme which was good but i found that way to hard!

okay tell me then, why did the UK get FFX International and the US didn't?

NM
02-23-2005, 01:45 PM
okay tell me then, why did the UK get FFX International and the US didn't?

Well you did get FFX about 6 months before us. You got the console to play it on before us, you got final fantasy 1 4 & 6 in there day, we didn't see any FF game until 7. We didn't get Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics and we arn't getting Final Fantasy XI for the PS2 at all. I could go on, but won't. :)

I don't think one international version of FFX makes up for that lot. But it's a start. :p