PDA

View Full Version : Slim

Destai
02-12-2005, 01:10 AM
My friend is starving herself for the sake of being skinny, typical delicate situation, Turning 14 April, Knocks herself in looks and weight whenever the chance arises, Eats one light meal a day and ignores anyone who tries to talk about it with her and eventually binge eats and finds shes not losing weight at all and begins to resemble a circle. I dont know whether shes Anorexic or Belemic, What are the signs and whats your advice on the situation?

Jojee
02-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Anorexia is when you starve yourself, like she is doing.

Bulemia (sp?) is when you puke out your food, and in most situations has to do with binge eating... but if she doesn't puke it out, then she's not bulemic o_0 A lot of bulemic (god I dunno if I can spell this for the sake of me) people tend to be above average weight, though.

Anyway, both situations are bad and you should get her to seek professional help. If she won't, seek it for her. Do her parents know about this?

It's sad that kids so young are already so self conscious over their image that they would do this to themselves T_T

Destai
02-12-2005, 01:18 AM
I know what they mean although I think Anorexia is something to do with voices in your head, Maybe thats just extreme cases though. Im not sure if shes either and Im not sure how to tell. Wether her parents know or not I dont have a clue.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-12-2005, 01:24 AM
There were some people at school who were like that, and they ended up in the hospital for over a month. It's sad really, but like Jojo said you need to get her some help, talk to her parents, the guidance consillor, a nutritionist, some one who can help your friend. I hope she gets better soon.