PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears - Mitsuda's greatest work?

Doomgaze
02-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that Mitsuda's work on the Xenogears soundtrack was better than that of Chrono Cross and Xenosaga? XS doesn't really have that much music, and what's there, while good, isn't GREAT. It's not very good at setting a mood - it's more like film music, where it reflects the mood being shown. CC had some great songs, but a lot of crap. (I'm not going to count CT because Uematsu did a lot of work on it too)

Madonna
02-12-2005, 05:53 AM
No, you're not the only one. I really do adore Yasunori Mitsuda, and Xenogears Creid was one of his greatest works. The music varies as much as the story of Xenogears itself does, and it doesn't detract, and in fact adds to the emotional appeal of the main characters and their stories.

The Chrono series only had a few good, good songs. Xenogears had rows of 'em.

Trumpet Thief
02-12-2005, 06:36 PM
chaos: A hard choice, but yes, Mitsuda did seem to have his best work put out in Xenogears. Chrono Trigger, although, had excellent pieces as well. Xenosaga, some very good ones, although, only one battle theme and final boss theme.

Rubedo: We'll go with Xenogears :)

DocFrance
02-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Except for a few songs, I didn't really like Chrono Trigger's soundtrack. Xenosaga's was great, but it was just a handful of tracks.

Xenogears, on the other hand, was awesome. So many great tracks, I can't even list them all. Especially "Broken Mirror." I'm just sad that neither Mitsuda nor Joanne Hogg will be doing the music for Episode II.

Jojee
02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
I like the world theme :)