PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears hardest boss?

Raistlin
02-12-2005, 06:39 AM
What was the hardest boss fight in Xenogears?

Doomgaze
02-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Opiomorph, by far. Though, I think there's some trick to it - it's really hard just brute forcing it. Also, Amphysvena wears down your HP and Fuel in the fight before...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Alpha Weltall, but you're supposed to lose that battle.

Doomgaze
02-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Ah, forgot about that one. I didn't even try because I didn't manage to get the Trader's Card, and you need it to get the item from Alpha Weltall, don't you?

Roogle
02-12-2005, 07:27 AM
The item that you get for winning that battle is the Slayer Robe, but it's not the best armor in the game or anything like that. It's entirely unique to the game and you can only get one of them from Alpha Weltall, too.

nik0tine
02-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Deus... I guess... even though he wasn't very hard. There weren't very hard bosses in the game. Deus beat me four or five times in a row, and that was way more times than any other boss could kill me.

Behold the Void
02-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Of the bosses that you CAN defeat, definitely Opiomorph. I believe I was utilizing the "attack once" strategy for the first part of the battle so as not to get destroyed by her.

Deus was pretty easy when I figured out that you only REALLY need to beat two of the little spheres, the one that does the massive damage attack and the one that does the fuel drain. Then you have a fresh party come in and beat Deus into a bloody pulp.

DocFrance
02-12-2005, 09:18 PM
For me it was the Sand Worm, but that was before I figured out how to do gear deathblows.

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 02:40 AM
The fights with Ramsus's final gear (can't remember name) and the Opiomorph were easily the hardest. Ramsus's wasn't too tought, but is weakened you so Opiomorph could deliver a knock out punch. This is a shame since Ramus's gear had the most idiotic gear design (seriously, one purple gear constantly banging his fists with a "mini-me" gear on his head).

MecaKane
02-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Opiomorph. I had to check a walkthrough for a good stratagy on my second play-through, even. @_@

nihowma buffet
02-23-2005, 02:46 AM
first time i played, i had more trouble with calamity, as deathblows weren't part of my vocabulary. i just died time after time.

that time also, i had a heck of a time with the dora. that thing can die for all i care lol

nik0tine
02-28-2005, 02:56 AM
I take back my post from above. I think Id beat me more times than Deus did... at least on my first play through.

Erdrick Holmes
03-01-2005, 04:03 AM
The fight with Ramsus after rescuing Margie. His attacks can get bruital and you have to not touch him when he's in his stance or you're screwed. While he's in that stance, which is a "do not touch me or you're screwed" sign Miang is healing him.

DocFrance
03-01-2005, 04:19 AM
Just have Bart cast Wild Smile on him a couple of times. It's also helpful if you teach Bart his most powerful deathblow for 5 AP (S-X)

Erdrick Holmes
03-01-2005, 04:36 AM
But when he does that Miang removes the status effect immediatly.

MecaKane
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM
OH MAN I FORGOT ABOUT RAMSUS
Yah, that first time you fight him is so hard, I must've had to do it like... twice.

DocFrance
03-01-2005, 04:32 PM
But when he does that Miang removes the status effect immediatly.
No, not immediately. She usually takes a turn or two.

When in doubt, just level up. I never found this fight terribly difficult.

Erdrick Holmes
03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I beat it. I just remembered that Fei can cast Iron Valor and raise his attack. I beat it with no problem but the first time was an assrape.