PDA

View Full Version : Jumping and Its Perils (Tower of Babel, XG)

Madonna
02-12-2005, 06:41 AM
I think that there should have never been jumping in this game. It is a serious pain in the buttocks. I've been stuck on the Tower of Babel for two hours now, trying to get to the top, and I keep on falling down! It's hard to time some of these jumps and some of them are even harder to judge the distance! I keep on falling and falling and falling!

Raaaargh, does this ever stop? I hated the earlier parts of the game when you had to jump as well. Here are some tips on jumping:
-Practice. You need to understand that the jumping system sucks and you must adapt to it.
-Practice. You need to understand that the jumping system sucks and you must adapt to it.

Hope this helps!

Raistlin
02-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Yeah, the jumping really sucked. The controls and physics of it really needed to be tweaked.

Doomgaze
02-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Agreed. However, it gets easier with time - on a new playthrough, I doubt I would fall more than once.

Wiegrahf42
02-26-2005, 04:36 AM
I hated that dungeon with a passion. "Annoying repition; designers love it, we hate it".

nik0tine
02-28-2005, 02:49 AM
I liked the jumping system. I never had much trouble jumping from place to place at all. It however was a real son of a bitch when you would get in a battle and try to jump, but nothing happens and you fall... THAT was annoying. Almost as annoying as the save point bug.

MecaKane
02-28-2005, 04:41 AM
I cheated when I played on an emulator.
But I didn't fall too much the second time on PS2, though. :o