PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears: Best time period? (Spoilers)

Madonna
02-12-2005, 06:45 AM
What is your favorite time period in Xenogears? Fei and Elly keep on having flashbacks to previous times, and they are obviously reincarnations of themselves, over and over again. But which time period do you like best for them? Is it when Fei and Elly are scientists and have their child, Esmerelda? Is it when Lacan paints the Lady Sophie's portrait? When?!?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-12-2005, 07:46 AM
I like the Zeboim era best, since it's touched upon but in ways that are a lot vaguer than the whole Lacan scenario. Finding the ruins under the Lighthouse and checking it all out; finding it was basically just like the modern era, that Miang was pulling politicians' strings, and that Big Joe was originally from back then; flashing back to Kim Kasim getting rowdy in a posh restaurant while Zeboim-Elly tries to calm him down... That stuff's golden.

Doomgaze
02-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Is it ever stated what Cain and the Gazel Ministry are doing during that time? I don't know if they're just idle, or in positions of power, or pulling the strings from the shadows.. it never really says, does it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-12-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't think there's anything suggesting they were doing anything out of the ordinary, no.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-12-2005, 06:20 PM
I rather liked the interactions between Lacan and Sophia, especially when you see how it turns out later. It's rather bittersweet and I thought it well done.