PDA

View Full Version : Check This Out!!!!!

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 11:40 AM
OMG i dunno if everyone has seen this clip but i saw it and was shocked to see how they did it

Check it out

http://abfhm.free.fr/basket.htm

Dr.K
02-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd definitely say that's impressive...but that poor girl didn't look too amused after she came down :)

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 12:04 PM
lol yer They all cheered after thinking they did the hard work while i think she hurt her head a bit poor her

Blackmageboi
02-12-2005, 12:05 PM
she looked like she hit her head
but it was still pretty cool

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 12:32 PM
good on that girl

Mirage
02-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Film trick! I mean, yeah, impressive. Not very safe though.

Destai
02-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Wow : .

Samuraid
02-12-2005, 08:42 PM
It's most likely fake...

Rainecloud
02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Very impressive. *nods*

DMKA
02-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Looks fake.

Shlup
02-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Lets cram someone in a hoop and see if they fit.

DMKA
02-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Lets cram someone in a hoop and see if they fit.
Yes Shlup, lets be guest host on Mythbusters!

RSL
02-13-2005, 03:03 PM
wtf

Dreddz
02-13-2005, 04:18 PM
ive got my sorces and it aint fake.

DMKA
02-13-2005, 05:49 PM
sorces? Does that have something to do with magic?

Dreddz
02-13-2005, 08:21 PM
i meant sources . Im only 14 ya know

DMKA
02-13-2005, 10:19 PM
i meant sources . Im only 14 ya know
And your point is?

Until I see these "sources" that give "proof", I'm obligated to believe it's fake.

Dreddz
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
well i cant but just cause it looks hard and you cant believe it does not make it fake.

DMKA
02-15-2005, 03:59 AM
well i cant but just cause it looks hard and you cant believe it does not make it fake.
No, it's called being a video editor for the last 2 years and being able to spot stuff like film-tricks quite keenly. And when she goes through the hoop it looks very much like some work was done.

Though I'm not saying it is fake, I'm just saying I think it is.

Miriel
02-15-2005, 04:36 AM
That is so fake. ^_^

Doomgaze
02-15-2005, 04:45 AM
No, it's called being a video editor for the last 2 years and being able to spot stuff like film-tricks quite keenly. And when she goes through the hoop it looks very much like some work was done.

Though I'm not saying it is fake, I'm just saying I think it is.

Dude, he's FOURTEEN. How can he be wrong?

Squall04
02-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Doesn't mean it's real either. It's called skepticism.

Samuraid
02-15-2005, 08:53 AM
It's very very fake. Check out this frame by frame and notice how her hands magically appear through the hoop. In fact, her head is magically melded through the hoop on one of the frames.

To step forward or backward frame-by-frame, use the arrow keys after the file has loaded.
http://www.erality.com/assets/public/Untitled-1.swf

Tidus Andronicus
02-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Thats amasing! Kind of wonder how they figured out how she could do that xD...
Whats even more amasing is that her foot didn't get stuck in the mesh.
She does apear to be in a little pain, but it could have been worse! On closer examination, it seems she only just bumped the rim slightly.

Its clearly NOT fake! >_> XD For one, this video came from http://pumpupthemovie.com/
Also, you can save the flash file and then play it back frame by frame (enlarge the image if you have to), and you can clearly tell she did go through the hoop! =P
Thats all the proof I need! ^_^

You people are too skeptical!... you need to believe things more... XD

Mindflare
02-15-2005, 09:13 AM
From the quality of that video, you can't see if it's real or not, I think. Though, perhaps I'm not looking for the right things.

Entertaining, at least.

Samuraid
02-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Also, you can save the flash file and then play it back frame by frame (enlarge the image if you have to), and you can clearly tell she did go through the hoop! =P

I did go through frame by frame, and her hands amazingly "melt" through the hoop. There is also a frame where he head and shoulders clearly jump through the hoop.

If that isn't fake, I'm not sure what is.

Tidus Andronicus
02-15-2005, 10:21 AM
I just don't see what your talking about... everything about it seems right, even the way the basket moves with her hair as she moves through it. Her hands are close to her body and go into the hoop with her, and her head and shoulders are what bump against the rim.
This video isn't the best of quality, but its clear enough to see its real, and clear enough that you can't mistake where her body parts are. >_>

Considering the source of the video, I dont know how you could possible be inclinded to think its a fake... Its just a stunt, done by professionals.

Boy, in my years of being here, Eoff seems to be made up of illogical skeptics... >=P
Just because you can't do it, and it goes against what you thought was possible, or you just haven't seen it before... Doesn't mean its automatically not real... sheesh...

Daggers64
02-15-2005, 10:34 AM
hmmm, that certainly is amazing! =3

I can't look at it closely frame by frame (doesn't know how >_<) But I would say its real. Just looks like a neat stunt done by cheerleaders! And she seems small enough to fit through that hoop! ^_^;

DMKA
02-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Dude, he's FOURTEEN. How can he be wrong?
Good point. =/

t's very very fake. Check out this frame by frame and notice how her hands magically appear through the hoop. In fact, her head is magically melded through the hoop on one of the frames.
Samuraid <3

Dreddz
02-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Are you lot mocking me for being 14

Doomgaze
02-15-2005, 06:15 PM
No, we're mocking you for being wrong. The fact that you're 14 just makes you wrong far more often, so it might seem that way.

Thats amasing! Kind of wonder how they figured out how she could do that xD...
Whats even more amasing is that her foot didn't get stuck in the mesh.
She does apear to be in a little pain, but it could have been worse! On closer examination, it seems she only just bumped the rim slightly.

Its clearly NOT fake! >_> XD For one, this video came from http://pumpupthemovie.com/

...So, because it comes from a site for a MOVIE, it has to be real? Listen, kids. Movies aren't real. Final Fantasy isn't real, either - I figured we should clear that up, since I'm not sure some of you get that either.

amratis
02-15-2005, 06:21 PM
You do have a point Doomgaze, but dont you think you made it a bit harshly? well I guess you dont or you wouldnt have said it. ;)

Citizen Bleys
02-15-2005, 06:30 PM
And your point is?

Until I see these "sources" that give "proof", I'm obligated to believe it's fake. emphasis mine ~Bleys

obliged.

Tidus Andronicus
02-15-2005, 06:54 PM
...So, because it comes from a site for a MOVIE, it has to be real? Listen, kids. Movies aren't real. Final Fantasy isn't real, either - I figured we should clear that up, since I'm not sure some of you get that either.

>_> No, I'm saying that because it comes from an official source, that its obviously a stunt done by PROFESSIONALS, and that its not a fake!
Maybe that hoop is set up to be slightly bigger than normal or maybe its an oval shape when viewed from a different angle. The fact is, she did go through it, and this is just a stunt, done by people that probably do this for a living...

Do you have any solid proof showing that this is a fake? huh? If you would have examined the frames more closely and actual had some common scene in that skeptical brain of yours, you'd at least be able to tell this clip isn't doctored, and that there isn't any clear signs of digital editing...
Only thing I could possibly admit might be possible, if this scene was done with really good blue-screen effects... but I am still of the opinion that its just a bunch of professionals just doing a standard stunt!

"Who is more foolish, a child afraid of the dark, or a man afraid of the light?"

>=P and I happen to be almost 20...btw...

Carnage
02-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Those guys are my heroes

CloudSquallandZidane
02-15-2005, 07:01 PM

This was some awesome video editing, or these people need to be crowned.

Tidus Andronicus
02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I do have a lot of respect for people that can do that kind of acrobatics. I was into a lot of Gymnastics back when I was younger, and even with all the training I did, I still was no where near capable of moving through the air that perfectly.
It takes a lot of hard work and training to do that, and for that I give them my respect.
I'm assuming that because of the nature of the movie, they're expert cheerleaders (or just good acrobatic stunt people)? or something...

Citizen Bleys
02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Final Fantasy isn't real, either - I figured we should clear that up, since I'm not sure some of you get that either.

Drat! Do you think I can get a refund for that giant sword then?

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Sam showd it. It's fake.

Dreddz
02-15-2005, 08:50 PM
geez just cause im 14 does not mean that ill be wrong.

DMKA
02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
geez just cause im 14 does not mean that ill be wrong.
:)

Rye
02-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm 14 too. :p

Fuzakeru
02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
It greatly, and may I repeat, greatly disappointed that no one has made fun of the guys' reaction after the stunt is performed. xD!

I do think it's a fake though. Sorry for not being a believer.

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Listen, kids. Movies aren't real. Final Fantasy isn't real, either - I figured we should clear that up, since I'm not sure some of you get that either.

Wait a second, I just met a guy at a bar who traded all of my american dollars for gil.

DMKA
02-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Wait a second, I just met a guy at a bar who traded all of my american dollars for gil.
Yeah, that happened to me once too, back when I was...14 WTF?!?!?

Quina
02-16-2005, 05:52 AM
Looked like a clean block to me.

Squall04
02-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Ya, I fell in *love* when I was in 14, too.

Ultima Shadow
02-16-2005, 11:13 PM
If that isn't fake, I'm not sure what is.
Well... if it's not fake... then mabe it's real? :greenie:

Anyway... yea, I guess it's fake but whatever... :cool:

Chris
02-16-2005, 11:20 PM
My god that was so crazy.

How the hell?

That girl must have had the biggest headache after that stunt.

Dreddz
02-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Ive falling in Love to and im 15 ( b-day yesturday)