PDA

View Full Version : Seconary Ultimate Weapons Rumor

kalabora
02-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Has anyone heared of the rumor of using 60 Dark Matters on a weapon to make better Ultimate Weapons? If so tell me and also tell me how to get all of those Dark Matter Items! Karou

alexholker
02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
It isn't a rumour as such, it is just a matter of customising weapons to suit what the player considers most important, rather than going with the Celestial weapons. Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Magic Booster, Evade and Counter and One MP Cost seem to be popular abilities for these weapons.

To get Dark Matters, I found it easiest to keep on overkilling the weaker Arena Creations. Although Dark Matters are rare dropped items, some of the creations are so easy to kill, you can slaughter them at a rapid pace.

For me, the easiest way was to unlock Sleep Sprout, get Auron's Masamune, and power Auron up so that he can do a steady 99,999 points of damage. If you can't wait that long, knock his HP down a bit, because his attacks are stronger when he's wounded.

Because Sleep Sprout has ~98,000 HP, and Masamune has First Strike, you can just enter the battle, and kill Sleep Sprout with a single hit. Repeat many times, and you'll be getting Teleport Spheres, Dark Matters and status causing weapons/status protecting armours.

You can also get Dark Matters by killing Dark Aeons or unlocking Ultima Buster, and get Break Damage Limit weapons by killing Dark Aeons (I've heard Nemesis drops them too).

rubah
02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
By the time you get auron up to 99999 dmg you'll probably be well on your way to having several dark matters already.

They aren't quite *better* weapons, because the celestial ones tend to have damage raising attributes (like auron with low HP dealing higher damage) but they can have more useful abilities. 60 dark matters just allows them to break the damage limit. which is more or less necessary to take on those monster arena creations with a small amount of ease.

As to what to put on them, it's up to you, but think carefully. break damage limit isn't easy to get and four slot weapons are sorta expensive. I'd customize one for lulu and tidus and let everyone else keep on using their celestial weapons (because chocobo racing and lightning dodging is a pain for me. butterflies are SO much easier)

alexholker
02-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Four slot weapons aren't that expensive, especially if you are using my method to get the Dark Matters, because you'll be getting lots of 3-4 slot weapons and armours with the slots filled, which you can sell for gil. Also, for the 4 slot weapons with a single open slot, you can use a single Teleport Sphere to add Evade and Counter, then sell it for an even higher price.

chilpepper
02-13-2005, 09:34 AM
This is my first game, i'm now at the zanarkand ruins bit. ive trained a lot and im now at 85 hours. Auron for example has ca. 7600 hp, Tidus almost 8000 hp and all the rest about 5000-6000 hp. with all of them, except for rikku i can do a steady 9999 damage. my question is: when, at what point in the game do the characters grow SO strong that they can deal out 99999 damage and have lots more hp??? is it when u get the celestial weapons?

alexholker
02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
The maximum amount of damage you can do with a single hit is normally 9,999 points. If you have a weapon with Break Damage Limit equipped, it increases this limit to 99,999 points. If an attack hits multiple times (for example, Wakka's Attack Reels), this limit applies to each individual hit rather than the total damage done. Auron's Masamune, Yuna's Nirvana and Rikku's Godhand are the easiest celestial weapons to find, and all celestial weapons will have Break Damage Limit when powered up.

There is a similar ability for armours which lets you break the 9,999 HP limit.

chilpepper
02-13-2005, 01:07 PM
cool, thanx