PDA

View Full Version : FF goes to the movies?

Spritz
02-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I've always thought that making FF games into movies would produce something very worthwile to watch. I can also see potential problems with doing this. Movie could be a flop (See Spirits Within >.>), SE may not have enough money to make a movie based on a FF storyline, could put peopel off purchasing the game if they already know the storyline.

I also realise the likelyhood of them even making the movies is almost nil, but should be something worthwhile to talk about! :o

Should it be 100% CGi or a live action movie?
Who would star/voice act if you got to choose?
Which FF would you liek to see on the big screen the most?

Destai
02-12-2005, 05:25 PM
CG movies kickass, Id like to see VI as a cg movie though most FF's would be too long to make a movie off without killing off a load of interesting events.

Erased
02-12-2005, 05:38 PM
CGI>LA

That being said, let's move on. For voice acting... I'd definately have J. Shanon Weaver do something... Also the voice actor of Tsukasa should to something as well. And really? I have no idea who I'd put in for voice actors, but those two would probly be pretty good...

I'd kinda like to see 10 or 9.... Those could be pretty good.

Spritz
02-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Aye, it'd be a shame to miss out lots of the funny events tey pu tinto the games. ; ;
I also think CGI would be better. I think FF9 would be a goo done to put into a movie. Especially since Vivi is in it! xD

Faith
02-13-2005, 03:29 AM
I would like a remake of FFVI, with Keira Knightley as Celes.

I wouldn't want them to do FFX though, since they have alreay made a sequel and since the actors would have different voices.

turnitup5000db
02-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Unfortunately, I think that if you tried to make any FF into a movie in their current formats, you would get at least a four to seven hour movie. You would have to cut out any extra content, which would rob the viewer of a chance to absorb the story. Thats why most video game movies suck. You don't have time to include every little encounter, which the writers were counting on to give the story an air of realisim. You could probably do each one as a trilogy, but that would take forever. And then theres the little matter of which ff to choose. No matter what, if you pick one you're going to piss someone off.

That being said... even though four is my favorite, I'd have to say that I think five would make the best movie, if you just edited out the parts describing job classes and touched up the script a bit. It has a small enough cast to be relatively easily produced compared to the other ff's, and it really wasn't a bad story at all. Ok, feel free to flame me.

UltimateSpamGrover
02-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Lord of the Rings, anyone?

feioncastor
02-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Final Fantasy VI would be my choice.

Let's see....

Orlando Bloom as Locke
Johnny Depp as Cyan
Keiry Knightley as Celes
(Pirates reunion)
Tim Curry as Kefka
The chinese guy from Happy Days as Gestahl
Uma Thurman as Terra
Sean Connery as Setzer
Dakota Fanning as Relm
Patrick Stewart as Strago

And that's all I can think of.

But really, FFVI takes about 20 hours or so to play, right? So how in the hell could they make it into a movie without leaving a bunch out? It would have to be a multi-volume movie, like Kill Bill. Perhaps each volume would be like 2.5 - 3 hours.

Feion

turnitup5000db
02-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Ok, ok, lotr was pretty good. But it also varied substantially from the actual books in several areas. Like I said, you would need to re-work the plot.

Quina
02-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Jack Black as Quina.

The Captain
02-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Why not Michael Jordan as Quina? He originated the tongue stuck out craze.

Take care all.

fire_of_avalon
02-15-2005, 06:13 AM
When I was eight, my cousin gave me his copy (LIKE REALLY GAVE ME OMG) of FFII (US Number. FFIV in SNES format, whuteva). I loved it.

I decided I would make a film of it.

Kurt Russell was going to be Kain (THAT'S HOW IT'S SPELLED IN THAT VERSION LEMME A LONE).

I am dead serious.

Neurotic
02-15-2005, 04:04 PM
With LOTR, The Matrix, and (rumored, as far as I know) upcoming Pirates of the Carribbean films all being multi-volume...I don't think making two or three films should nessicarily be considered taboo.

I've always liked the idea of VIII being turned into a film -- It always had the most cinematic feel to me. ...I'd like to see it live action...but CG would probably be safer. No clue who the hell would play who, though.

mythus
02-15-2005, 06:13 PM
I would like to see FF6 as a movie, mainly live action with CGI to increases it's awesomeness.

It's already set up to be like a trillogy, in a way, so it would be cool.

Neurotic
02-15-2005, 06:55 PM
I would like to see FF6 as a movie, mainly live action with CGI to increases it's awesomeness.

It's already set up to be like a trillogy, in a way, so it would be cool.

Personally, I think FF6 would do fine as only two films...One for the world of balance, the other for the world of ruin -- I assume to make a triliogy, you would break the world of balance into two movies...which I think would be kind of odd. If you cut out things like Mog, Ultros, ...and...errr...other crap...Balance could easily be fit into one flick.

feioncastor
02-17-2005, 05:10 AM
If you cut out things like Mog, Ultros, ...and...errr...other crap...Balance could easily be fit into one flick.
You fool. No one would watch a FFVI movie without Uncle Ulty.

Feion

Fire_Emblem776
02-28-2005, 04:21 AM
If FF VII was a movie maybe the plot whold make some sence.

Undecided
02-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Maybe they could make an sequel to FFVII, that would be ... oh wait, what're you saying? Oh they already did, just forget what I was saying then.

Seriously though, If they were going to make a movie of any of the games I would vote for one of the three first games. Too little story to screw up, and they could even add elements to the movie (like having character developement) without destroying the storyline.

A prequel to FFV would also be great, but I would rather have it as a game than a movie.

FRODO LIVES
02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Personally i think FF7 would make a fantastic film. It would have to be completely edited, re-worked, re-scripted but i still think that you could create a film with the same feel as FF7!From depressing Midgar to great chocobo charges across the plains i really do think it could work. I would love real life actors, as to which real life actors, i have no idea.
I think that Cloud is a very engaging main character and sephiroth is a very cool enemy, the coolest in my opinion. But the most interesting areas in FF7, to me anyway, is not the light and the dark but the grey: enemies that aren't always evil, and heroes that aren't always good.

I have always wanted to see this film. Someday i will.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Although I wouldn't have thought so before, since Advent Children is coming out as a CGI movie, I think it would be nice to remake VII into a similar movie form so the two can go togther - you can watch both.