PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you beaten Final Fantasy VII?

kalabora
02-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Please say times played completly through and/or just beaten Sephiroth cause it's just so fun.

Me:

Completely through~3
Just beaten for fun to see ending~8

Flamethrower
02-12-2005, 05:28 PM
At least five times. Possibly more.

Destai
02-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Um about 5 times at least.

Shoden
02-12-2005, 05:35 PM
this is my 1st time sigh

Sepho
02-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Six.

VIII four times, and IX three times.

Extreme Walrus
02-12-2005, 07:11 PM
VII 14 times, VII 2 times, IX 1 time

im a loser...but not recently haha

redxiiii
02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
3 times! oh yeah!

Chris
02-12-2005, 07:50 PM
About app. 4 times every year since 1998.

So that would be approximately 24 times.
And that ain't no lie.

Nova Briar
02-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Seven times. (*hugs VII case*) And...oh, I don't know...over fifty times playing from a point near the end (the Reunion) just to watch the end cutscenes.

Luc
02-12-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure. I lost count after the 25th time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Between five and ten, I guess. Never really kept count over the years.

abrojtm
02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Three to five, probably =\

Cloud_Strife14
02-12-2005, 09:17 PM
At least 30 - 40 going through normaly

10 times with pretty much every thing done (including the Weapons beating)

Cloud Strife fanatic
02-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Somewhere between 27-42 times. Well i love this game so damn much, it is my all time favorite game. :) :) :) :) :)
most of the times getting pretty much everything.

Rase
02-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Once.

Squall04
02-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Once ... last night. (boo-ya)

As for VIII ... about 4-5 times I think.

Destai
02-13-2005, 10:50 PM
This game is clearly overplayed.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I made it to the Crater w/o beating it probably 3 times. Let's see, I think I've played through getting everything about. . .3 more times at least.

I was playing FFVIII for about the 3rd time all the way through since I haven't played it in a while, but it kept crashing near the end of the first disc :( First time I played, I played up to Adel.

I've played FFIX around 3 times.

Not sure on exact # since I didn't keep all my saves.

I've seen the endings a lot more.

FFI: once.
FFII: fraction
FFIII: fraction
FFIV: once
FFV: two fractions (starting playing on two occasions, but put it down before I beat it) +1 (played all the way through once)
FFVI: 2ce
FFX: fraction

FallenAngel411
02-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Um, only twice. And I'm sick of honest work, so I'm getting a gameshark and slaughtering everything with my infinite cheated power :D

Ultima Shadow
02-14-2005, 08:47 PM
This game is clearly overplayed.
You said it... I mean... 40 times!? Seriously!? :p

Well, I've played trough it 3 times (if I remember correctly). Twice normally and once with solo character, no materia and start equipment only. As for just beating sephiroth... I think I've done that about 12 times.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, it's been out for 8 years. You can pick up any game again after a while if you start thinking about it, and you haven't played it for like six months. After 8 years, I wouldn't hold it against people if they've played it like 8 times through. If this thread was made in 1998, playing it 8 times would not be very sane, but this thread was made in 2005, so 8 times is sane today.

Shoden
02-14-2005, 09:37 PM
its a good game but i dunno the names of some them great music pieces like Sephiroth's theme

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-14-2005, 09:44 PM
One Winged Angel?

I have the psf, so I can tell you what all the track names are, if you want.

Shoden
02-14-2005, 09:58 PM
not one winged angel but the one where you enconter him it seems to be a musical similar version of OWA

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I think you mean

305 Those Chosen by the Planet

The one that starts out with DONG bang bang for a bit, then a sequence of 3 chords? That's that one. These chord sequences also appear in 402 Weapon Raid and 415 The Birth of God (Bizzaro Sephiroth), as well as 416 One Winged Angel.

It's interesting One Winged Angel counts as a psf. Liberi Fatali was a choir and orchestra and stuff, but it's not in the ff8 psf library on zophar.net .

Shoden
02-14-2005, 10:56 PM
ok thanks, i got the Kh version of One winged angel aswell its really good

kalabora
02-15-2005, 01:02 AM
you can go to ffdownloads.com and get all the music for free (good quaility too!)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Stay on-topic.

Born of Fantasy
02-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Once. I never felt the need to play it again at that time. And I was kind of depressed because I fell in love with that game.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Sorry, KR. I need to get into the habit of PMing instead of being lazy and posting on here.

Yeah, BF. Play it again after like six months when your memory of the game starts getting cloudy (no pun intended), and you need to be reminded why you love the game. The elusive story is one thing that brings me back over and over again as I forget its fine details. Also, for example, I'm in college now, and I'm in love with a new girl, so I wanted to play with her as Tifa since I hadn't done that before. Another thing that brings me back to any game I liked is that I'm more mature than I once was, so I'll be better at it. I'll have developed new strategies and stuff, or I'll want to play it differently.

You all should also dust off your old SNES games, especially the ones you couldn't beat when you were a kid. It's a beautiful experience, remembering those thoughts and feelings that you've forgotten for many years. I don't believe in leaving old games on the shelf forever, especially if the system seems to last 20 years. Hopefully, Sony will keep coming out with systems with backward compatibility as their crappy lasers wear out, or they make a PS# whose laser has as much warranty as a cartridge system. I always want FFVII available to play.

Captain Maxx Power
02-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Gotta be about twenty or so times, give or take.

Born of Fantasy
02-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Sorry, KR. I need to get into the habit of PMing instead of being lazy and posting on here.

Yeah, BF. Play it again after like six months when your memory of the game starts getting cloudy (no pun intended), and you need to be reminded why you love the game. The elusive story is one thing that brings me back over and over again as I forget its fine details. Also, for example, I'm in college now, and I'm in love with a new girl, so I wanted to play with her as Tifa since I hadn't done that before. Another thing that brings me back to any game I liked is that I'm more mature than I once was, so I'll be better at it. I'll have developed new strategies and stuff, or I'll want to play it differently.

You all should also dust off your old SNES games, especially the ones you couldn't beat when you were a kid. It's a beautiful experience, remembering those thoughts and feelings that you've forgotten for many years. I don't believe in leaving old games on the shelf forever, especially if the system seems to last 20 years. Hopefully, Sony will keep coming out with systems with backward compatibility as their crappy lasers wear out, or they make a PS# whose laser has as much warranty as a cartridge system. I always want FFVII available to play.

Thats a good point. It's been one year since I beat Final Fantasy VII. I still just have no desire to beat it again. Mabye by the time I get into college I will want to play it again. The game wasn't hard by any means I just havn't had any reason to play again. Final Fantasy VI on the other hand, was the game that really got me immersed in the final fantasy world. I must have been Eight then. Now Twenty One, I have gone back and played every Final Fantasy ever made (not counting IX, X-2 [which by the way I consider mockery bullhonkey] and XI)to some extent. But ah yes Final Fantasy VII. It was a departure from the series, but then again so was VI. But any way to stay on topic, Final Fantasy VII was an amazing game of which I have played many times but beaten once.

kalabora
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah I don't really like IX or X2 either Born of Fantasy. I think after VIII they got way to easy. But, I do like the system in X-2 kinda like XI where you can master all jobs and so much stratigic possibility, just never really liked the characters in X or X-2. And I hate Tidus (not really but he is annoying) because toward the end of the game he starts making those stupid comments at the end of almost every battle. I really need to get VI don't I. It's in Anthology right?

ljkkjlcm9
02-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't know how many times, it's not as much fun when you know exactly where every item is and exactly how to do everything. I played to see everything, such as all 4 dates at Gold Saucer and stuff, so i think I've played it maybe 6 times. Because one time I blew threw it to get some good quotes, and another time it had just been so long. Speaking of which, it's been about 1.5 years maybe I'll go back and take a look again, I just did that with VIII my 4th time through. VI i've gone back a few times beating the game with only 3 characters and stuff, or without getting hit on the final boss, i've beaten that about 10 times. FFV 3 I think, FFIV 3 also, FFIII twice actually, FFII once, FFI a gazillion actually, in fact, I get all the best weapons and stuff(except masamune) before even beating Kary, or actually even going near the volcano, when I play, so yeah.

And now I'm playing the DoS version which means I'll also beat FFII for the second time when I finish with it. YAY!!

THE JACKEL

Fire_Emblem776
02-16-2005, 03:58 PM
three times 5 more to see ending and tape it ciuse we are so cheeap until i got psxmc mo rip ps fmvs. Muahahah!!

kalabora
02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
fireemblem776,
Strangly enough we did the exact same thing but I'm olaying it through again right now.

AvAlAnChE
02-17-2005, 11:51 PM
i have played through the entire game and beaten it 12 times in total, but i have seen the ending on the game up and over 30 times, and i've started the game and gotten thru at least the first disc about 25+ times.

kalabora
02-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Add another complete to my name!

Lucca
02-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Frankly,I lost count! :-)
About 60-something times FFVII,10 times whole,others just for seeing that battle with Sephy,yeah!
Then we have FFVIII:about 5-6 times whole (tremendously easy to do 100 %).
FFIX:just a few times,maybe 5 max. I never did finish it 100 %.
FFX:3 times,whole,a couple of times for fun.
FFX-2:Two times,just because I got the European version later. Never did finish. Never will. Bljah.
As for the older FFs. I have them all except V,and didn`t beat any. I do say,they are mucho harder than the newer ones.