PDA

View Full Version : The brits!

redxiiii
02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
HI guy s just decided to post a thread about the brits, so what did you think about it this year? :confused: did you think the people who won an award derserved it wot was your fave perfomance :D just post and tell me all about wot you thought of the Brits this year :p ;)

louby_4eva
02-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I didn't watch all of it, but I'm glad Robbie Williams won, i wanted Avril Lavigne to win as well.

Shoden
02-12-2005, 08:07 PM
i think Eminem shoulda gotten more awards scissor sisters somehow got tonnes.

Franz Ferdindand and Grrenday did excellent performances so did the Bedingfields

redxiiii
02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah I` don`t know how scissor sisters got that many, not that I don`t like him it`s just that I prefare eminem, wot did you think of scissor sisters crazy performance? :p

Cz
02-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Angels, the best British song of the past 25 years? Bah! None of the nominated songs deserve that title, but that doesn't mean Robbie Williams should get the glory.

The other awards were well deserved, or at least understandable. There were some decent performances too, so the whole event was rather pleasing.

Doc Sark
02-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I dunno, I thought Angels was a worthy winner.

The performance of it with Joss Stone was ace. Joss Stone is marvellous, what a talent.

redxiiii
02-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I thought lemar and jamelia were a good match too!

nik0tine
02-12-2005, 10:41 PM
What's the Brits?

redxiiii
02-12-2005, 10:43 PM
A music award show

gokufusionss1
02-13-2005, 12:28 AM
the fact that BOB GELDOF got a special award for contribution to music just left me confused.

redxiiii
02-13-2005, 01:28 AM
WHY?

tomamar04
02-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Geldof is a legend.

I don't think Scissor Sisters should have been nominated in the international catergories. They were signed in Britain, they are far more popular in Britain, I think they even live in Britian.

I thought all the performances were good except Gwen Stefani and Snoop Dogg with Pharell Williams.

redxiiii
02-13-2005, 10:12 AM
I agree Geldof is a legend and gwens performance was crap but don`t dis snoop and pharell they rule!

Xander
02-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I was pretty disappointed with some of the awards like Best Single. I mean, Will Young - My Game? That's hardly an amazing song. There really wasn't any nominated singles that stood out at all, and I think the whole standard of those songs were a lot lower than in past years. I enjoyed the performances by Greenday and Joss Stone. Snow Patrol shoulda won more.

gokufusionss1
02-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Bob Geldof has had one hit single and produced a miasma of poor music, yes he's done lots for charity and is well known but musicly he's done absolutely nothing.

Doc Sark
02-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Agreed.

Up until the Brits I had never heard Bob Geldof perform. I couldn't even name one of his songs, even now, after watching him perform, I still can't.

But then there was Live Aid I suppose.

boris no no
02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
i was pretty confused with all of it too.
yes angels is a good soneg but better then we are the campions?? whats going on?
plus why the hell was will young in there??

geldof has done alot for charity but not music. the only song i know he did was i don't like mondays...hardly an amazing song.

i love the scissor sisters act. it's great to see jim hensons workshop doing something again. i loved it. i really like the scissor sisters because they are different and unique.

i was so surprised whern muse didn't win the rock act thing. all the other bands in there could not be classed as rock. i was diapointed.

The Groom
02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Robbie Williams wining best song of the past 25 years?!?
WHAT A JOKE!
Kate bush shud of won that! Or Queen - and where the hell was coldplay in those nominations?!? they have written some amazing songs!!

Also - as much as i love Franz Ferdinand, i think that there live performance was crap.
Joss stone sang her little heart out. god bless. And Gwen... well what is there to say about Gwen... she may not sing great... but boy is she a FITTY!

redxiiii
02-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Queen should of won best song i thinks!

Nod
02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Robbie Williams wining best song of the past 25 years?!?
WHAT A JOKE!

Joss stone sang her little heart out. god bless. And Gwen... well what is there to say about Gwen... she may not sing great... but boy is she a FITTY!

Yup, Gavin Rossdale is a lucky man!
Muse shoulda won something- they rule

boris no no
02-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Yup, Gavin Rossdale is a lucky man!
Muse shoulda won something- they rule
i agree!
i just couldn't believe what poop they put in the rock section. sorry but only muse was real rock!

gokufusionss1
02-17-2005, 09:07 PM
muse won best live act.

boris no no
02-17-2005, 09:09 PM
muse won best live act.
oh
i'd turned it oof before then!
i got so bored!
xD

SadisticStreetSoldie
02-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Girls Aloud weren't nominated were they? Hope not, if they were not then I am absolutely shocked because apparently everyone loves them :mad:. I think that Tyler James should have been nominated for Best New Male Artist or something like that (and he should have performed) and Lostprophets should have been nominated for (and won) Best Rock damit those idiots at The Brits don't know good music when they hear it! Since when was Snow Patrol rock?! They're pop! The same with The Thrills and all that other indie crap! And I also think that Jamelia should have won Best Urban Act. Oh wells at least The Darkness wasn't there to ruin the show and weren't nominated for anything, I knew from day one that within a year they would be nothing.

Doc Sark
02-18-2005, 12:01 AM
Since when was Snow Patrol rock?! They're pop!

i'd love for you to explain to me how they are pop, as musically this is one of the most absurd statements I have ever heard.

Also I challenge any of you to justify reasons why "Angels" shouldn't have been the best song of the past 25 years. It certainly got my vote and I don't see what all the fuss is about.