PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Logo?

Yuffie514
02-12-2005, 08:37 PM
what's your favorite FF logo? i like FFXI the best.

Faith
02-13-2005, 03:24 AM
I like FFX's logo. It reminds me of water turing into fire. :D

rubah
02-13-2005, 04:09 AM
ff8:)

very plainly tells you what the story's about^_^

Martyr
02-13-2005, 04:24 AM
Like everything else in FF1, it's the best. Those worn weapons arround that derranged, screwed up earth. It screams RPG and the outstanding world in which I would love (Or die) to live in.

Really though, everything else just seems cheesy. IV looks good, but it's still nowhere near as cool.
VIII is cool enough, in it's own way. But it still doesn't compare. It's sort of a different ballpark, yet an inferior one. Little League vs. Major League.

Not magical liquid things. Not cheesy crap. Not tatoo dragons or watery letters.

Realness. Ancientness. Just... Power.

Slade
02-13-2005, 08:03 AM
My favorite logo is VI. Terra on the magitech armor. VIII and X have really good logos too but you cant go past VI's logo.....plus its red! The best colour of the alphabet!!! :D

Xander
02-13-2005, 11:38 AM
FFX. It has pretty colours. I rather like FFVIII's too though.

ShunNakamura
02-13-2005, 11:41 AM
V and VI have got to be the best.... but I can't decide between them... I really like V's Dragon.. but well VI's is just plain cool.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Still waiting for FFIII to get one before I decide.

Chris
02-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'd have to say FFVIII. The logo says it all.

Dark Matter
02-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Final :<3: Fantasy VIII

But, I :love: FFX's logo too.

PS: Can sb explain the meanings of every FF logos, please???? I can only recognize some of them.... :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2005, 07:34 PM
FFI's logo depicts one of the Light Warriors, the main heroes of the game.
FFII's logo depicts the Paramekian Emperor, the main villain of the game.
FFIII still doesn't have a proper logo, but it should when it's remade for the Nintendo DS, which could happen later this year.
FFIV's logo depicts Cain Highwind, probably the most complex of the game's main characters.
FFV's logo depicts a Flying Dragon, which is instrumental to the game's plot.
FFVI's logo depicts Tina, one of the game's main characters, riding in Magitek Armor, which is an instrument of the Ghastla Empire, the game's main antagonists.
FFVII's logo depicts Meteor, which threateningly hangs in the sky in the latter part of the game as the main villain aims to cast it and kill countless people.
FFT's logo depicts an array of people of different classes, symbolizing the game's emphasis on strategy and variety.
FFVIII's logo depicts Squall Leonheart and Rinoa Heartilly embracing, which is one of the game's main events and which also symbolizes the focus of the overall plot.
FFIX's logo depicts the Crystal, which, in the game, is the origin of all life.
FFX's logo depicts Yuna, the female lead, performing a "sending" ritual, which is a main aspect to her role in the plot.
FFXI's logo depicts a crowd of warriors of different classes, symbolizing the "massively multiplayer" aspect of the game.
FFTA's logo depicts a judge, which is a prominent rank in the game's plot, riding a chocobo.
FFCC's logo depicts... Man, what is that?
FFX-2's logo depicts Yuna, Rikku, and Paine, who make up the game's main cast.
BC: FFVII's logo depicts Player 1 and Player 2, whom you control as you play the game.
FFXII's logo depicts another judge, which can be expected to be even more important to this game's plot than it was to that of FFTA.
FFVII: AC's logo depicts a bird's-eye view of the city of Midgar, intentionally made to look similar to FFVII's logo.
DoC: FFVII's logo depicts an artistic representation of the three heads of Cerberus.

DJZen
02-13-2005, 07:47 PM
<ul type="square">
FFIII still doesn't have a proper logo

Sure it does.

http://warmech.net/ff3/ff3logo-fc.jpg

<ul type="square">
FFCC's logo depicts... Man, what is that?

I'm guessing it's some sorta plant thing. Maybe it has something to do with myrrh trees. Hard to say.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Sure it does.That's not a proper logo--proper meaning that it includes some sort of illustration, like the others do. FFI and FFII didn't have proper logos either before they were remade for the WSC.

kikimm
02-13-2005, 08:56 PM
It has to be VIII, for me. I don't know why, I just like it. I like the logos with actual people on them, and even though I'm not huge into romance, this was one was nice. :)

:D

crono_logical
02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Anyone got links to images of all these logos? :p

Yuffie514
02-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Anyone got links to images of all these logos? :p

there's some here:
http://www.shinji.be/en/ff/fflogos.htm :) .

PearlRose
02-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I think I like V's logo the best... but the others I've seen are all really good, too.

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Craig
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
I chose 9.

BTW FF:CC's logo is actually a Myrrh tree.

Martyr
02-13-2005, 10:49 PM
FFI's logo depicts one of the Light Warriors, the main heroes of the game.

Er, last I checked, I depicted an axe and a sword and some sort of city-like or bizarre planet-like thing. Cool looking.

What version of the game has a Light Warrior on it? And how can there really be an "individual" light warrior to be depicted?

Craig
02-13-2005, 10:53 PM
It's Origins.

DJZen
02-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Final Fantasy NES logo:
http://warmech.net/ff1/ff-page00.jpg

Final Fantasy WSC, PSX and GBA logo:
http://warmech.net/ff1/ff1logo-psx.jpg

There were more for the FC, the FC re-release, and the MSX, but I have a feeling I'm bending enough rules by posting those images alone so I won't include the other.

That's not a proper logo--proper meaning that it includes some sort of illustration, like the others do. FFI and FFII didn't have proper logos either before they were remade for the WSC.

Aren't we in the mood to split hairs.... It's not the series's current direction with logos. The first game to feature that style of logo was FFIV. Prior to that, there was this style which was used for FFIII and FFII, as well as the logo for FFI which was in kana and not English. Thus, the logo I showed before IS FFIII's "proper" logo until Square unveils another one. I'd also like to point out that MQ doesn't have the FFIV and above style of logo either, but it still has an officially given logo.

rubah
02-14-2005, 02:17 AM
I figured ffx's wasn't the sending, but that instead, it was yuna summoning her first aeon.

Martyr
02-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Hmm. I dunno. I still think that the new logos kind of suck. They look cheap too, like not much work was put into them. Like there isn't even a reason for debate. Dang it! I want that axe!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-14-2005, 03:35 PM
That sword-axe-orb thing isn't even a logo; it's a cover illustration below the logo.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I really liked the earlier games' ones like 4, 5, and 6.

I think they've gotten too complex as of late; X, X-2, XI, and XII's are way too busy. They're like sensory overload.

DJZen
02-14-2005, 06:03 PM
That sword-axe-orb thing isn't even a logo; it's a cover illustration below the logo.

I showed that in case people had no idea what Martyr was talking about. Not everyone's familiar with that image.

As far as the image looking cheap, I don't particularly think it does. I think it looks very sleek and professional. I especially like the gradient on the bar under the lettering, and the way they got that particular Amano drawing in monochrome with a gradient on top. The sword appearing over the lettering is also a very nice touch.

Ultima Shadow
02-14-2005, 06:24 PM
FFIV. I always liked that one.

Destai
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Are you sure FFIV's logo is Kain and not Cecil? They look admittedly similar and Cecil is the main character.

DJZen
02-14-2005, 07:02 PM
http://warmech.net/ff4/ff4logo-wsc.jpg

Look closely, he's holding a spear and has the dragon shaped helmet. Here's a much more detailed view of it. (http://warmech.net/ff4/ff4logo-sfc.jpg)

Destai
02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Poin taken, thanks :D

Martyr
02-19-2005, 05:03 AM

That's not really fair. In that case, the old FF1 logo isn't all that terriffic.

To be brutally honest, I'm not going to entertain any idea that seriously consideres FF1 nes as anything less than "far more remarkable than anything in your wildest dreams! (Yes, even your wet ones)."

So whatever anybody else says doesn't matter much to me since I'm a stubborn Jacknape.

Maciavellism
02-19-2005, 05:17 AM
i LOVE FFX's logo...its the best...it is very very very pretty..

Yuffie514
02-19-2005, 06:50 AM
i saw an FF logo which looked like a woman with a club in her hand :) . i know it's not from 4, 5, or 6, but maybe it's a fraud:confused: ?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-19-2005, 06:55 AM
If you saw the logo, how could not have seen the number, too?

DJZen
02-20-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm predicting the answer:

"There was number? Me look only at woman!"

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Im yuff on this one. Although 12 is the 2nd best. And about youre fraud I couldve sworn i seen a logo with a woman on an elephant.

DJZen
02-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Actually, now that I think about it.... FFX is KINDA like a woman with a club in her hand... Though most people need to stare at it for a minute before they recognize what it is.

Strawberry_Mew
02-22-2005, 12:03 AM
I would have to say..all of them ^_^ they are all good

Dark Warrior
02-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I chose FFI logo, index, I like all the logos.

PD: I put in my signature a logo of FFIII that I saw somewhere in the web, somebody say that doesn't have a logo, but it's better this than nothing :)

:confused: My english is poorly, please understand me :love:

Masamuneˇ1600
03-01-2005, 04:55 AM
I think I'll go with the Advent Children logo. It recalls FFVII, but adds dimensions of its own.

someguy
03-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Final Fantasy X's because it's well drawn and arty :cool:, followed closely by FF VIII's.