PDA

View Full Version : Famous internet cartoon/funny things

Rye
02-12-2005, 09:39 PM
I was watching VH1 and they played Numa Numa Dance and talked about it! That's probably one of the most famous internet things at the moment, since it was actually on TV. Any widely popular internet funny things you know about? Was it on TV or a magazine or a newspaper?

omnitarian
02-12-2005, 10:05 PM
I once turned on the news and saw a report on All your base are belong to us. It was... unexpected.

Psychotic
02-12-2005, 10:07 PM
TV adverts and bus adverts featuring Weebl and Bob. (Or at least, clones of them. I can't remember)

Also I'm sure I've seen stuff from rathergood.com on TV, and I've definitely seen a few TV ads that look like they were made by those guys.

Cz
02-12-2005, 10:12 PM
The Happy Tree Friends are on MTV2 now and again, and a PS2 version of the popular 'net shooter Alien Hominid was recently released.

Rye
02-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh yeah, Quizzno Sub used the Sponge Monkies.

Rainecloud
02-12-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't even know what 'Numa Numa Dance' is. Have I been unintentionally living under a rock?

The oh-so-famous Badger Song was remixed and played on a local radio station of mine not so long ago. It was a sort of trance remix. Imagine 'Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud*' over and over again for approximately ten minutes, and you get the general idea of how excruciating the song was to listen to. It went down quite well with the local rave clubs, or so I hear.

DJZen
02-13-2005, 02:36 AM
I can't imagine ravers doing anything but evacuating the dance floor if something like that came on. MAYBE a hard house remix would be acceptable, but whatever...

I'm still holding out for a mainstream mentioning of goatse or [Wow, I really wouldn't expect T-U-B girl to get censored, but I can definitely understand the reasoning behind that.]

Fuzakeru
02-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Strong Bad should get his own television show like Maury.

I really, really like Foamy. Which reminds me that I haven't been there in quite some time! -runs away-

DMKA
02-13-2005, 08:02 AM
I've seen goth girls wearing Foamy shirts. I want one. I also saw the infamous starwars kid on Tech Tv's "Unscrewed" once (if you haven't seen Starwars Kid, start seaching google NOW!), and also, Andy Milonakis' has had his videos and has even been a guest on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" several times. If you don't know who Andy Milonakis is, he's the fat kid who sang that "The Superbowl is Gay" song. <3

I've never seen Happy Tree Friends on television, but I've seen ad's for the DVD on tv and saw the DVD at stores before.

Rye
02-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, everyone in my school wears Foamy Shirts. No one wears Strongbad shirts though. I think I need to buy a Strongbad hoodie.

Shoden
02-13-2005, 05:32 PM
the osama bin laden bomb song on radio last week