PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarok Online 2.

Halifax Housewife
02-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Right click and save. (http://ftp.gameshot.net/gameshot/download/pcmovie/rag2.wmv)

Matt's probably the most excited about this one. Looks pretty good in 3D.

Mirage
02-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Great, now we just need a Gravity insider to leak the server software.

Halifax Housewife
02-12-2005, 10:20 PM
I doubt that will happen.

Lionx
02-13-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey it happened on RO >_> But its prolly harder to have a server for this..

Tidus Andronicus
02-13-2005, 09:08 AM
WOW what is that!!! When I heard RO 2, I thought it would just be something about ROSE... but this looks nothing like ROSE!

R.O.S.E not RO special edition or anything like that... the name stands for "Rush On Seven Episodes" whatever that means...
The game is out now, came out a month ago... currently its free, but its likely to go pay2play in around a year. (give or take)
I've been playing it (for a few days now, *is obsessed*), and as wonderful as the graphics are and as adicted I am to it... it just doesn't have the depth and soul that Ragnarok has (which i do still play, and love) Rose is not developed enough, and there isn't enough visual customization for character faces/hair... And personally I think there is too much walking... But I like it... i just need to find some decent stat build guidelines to follow, cause my characters suck.
eh either way, there is always RO...

ANYWAY xD If this video is really of RO 2, I can't wait!!!! ^_^ Thanks for posting this!

Shlup
02-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Looks stupid. :mad:

Rostum
02-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I tried looking around for it and I found a Korean article on it, which was poorly translated by Google so I could not make any sense out of it.

Other than that, there are rumors going around saying that it's just a normal offline RPG. Still interesting, but would probably have been more interesting as a MMORPG.

Book
02-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Guess I better tell my brother about this, he's crazy about RO. Or was anyway. I always thought it was way to slow on normal servers but better with faster lvls on private servers :)

Tidus Andronicus
02-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Does Gravity even do any offline games??

That seems to be the main argument against it being offline. Cause it doesn't seem like Gravity to make it offline. lol

I hope its an online game, even if it takes a year or so to be released. At the end of that video, there are letters above and below the work Ragnarok, maybe it says online. XD
Doesn't Ragnarok II sound cooler than Ragnarok Online 2. lol

m4tt
02-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I saw this last year. It doesn't appeal to me. I've worked for 3+ years to get what I have on RO, I'm not gonna throw that away just to upgrade my graphics. I like RO's graphics as it is.

Tidus Andronicus
02-13-2005, 05:58 PM
I agree, I wouldn't stop playing RO for this new one, but the graphics just look sooo cool to see an RO character in! =3
But when you make it 3D you lose, something, that hand drawn anime-ish cuteness that so many monsters have.

Still the backgrounds in that game are astounding! Look at the way the buildings in the background and the clouds all move in perspective!! ^_^

*Waits for the day that Virtual Reality is advanced enough to take him into a world not unlike that of .Hack* =3 I wanna experiance it as if I was taking a journy into another reality! (call me crazy or whatever =P) I wanna see my seft as an anime character in this world (cept more 3D ish), and be able to sit in the colorful suroundings and rest beside a tree... *goes and writes a story now xD*

Lindy
02-13-2005, 06:31 PM
RO is much cuter than the new RO2 look, which might I add, I saw ages ago.

Besides, it won't have enough decent hats I bet.

Mirage
02-13-2005, 08:31 PM
I saw this last year. It doesn't appeal to me. I've worked for 3+ years to get what I have on RO, I'm not gonna throw that away just to upgrade my graphics. I like RO's graphics as it is.

What if you can transfer your old RO items and stats? :P

Lionx
02-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Even if i could, i would play FFXI instead :x

Mirage
02-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Just because of the mithras.

Rostum
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Well I decided to look around at more information. It seems there are stronger rumors around that it's just the same RO with revamped graphics (which I think the landscapes and architecture look pretty amazing, but would have liked them to improve on a more cell shaded character cast), where you can switch your original character over to it.

It seems they are just trying to get a more international interest (Europe and Amierca, mainly) by starting fresh with this. To be honest I would have really liked it if they don't let characters get transfered and get a more original gameplay style.

BTW. I'm downloading the ROSE online open beta, just at the downloading patches part. It does look pretty cute, but I'll just have to wait and see what the game play is like. This one is also made by Gravity along side another company, I think.

www.roseon.com (http://www.roseon.com) Check it out, it's only a 300mb download and it's free (open beta).

Luc
02-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Meh, I don't play RO anymore, but I prefer the old cartoon-y look that it had. Good graphics is the last thing I care about in a game.

Rostum
02-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Meh, I don't play RO anymore, but I prefer the old cartoon-y look that it had. Good graphics is the last thing I care about in a game.

Graphics aren't really that important in a game, I agree. But I also think that in an MMORPG, the graphics of the landscapes and architecture are most important to me (apart from the gameplay). I mean what's the use of playing in a world you think is ugly?

You can still maintain a very good cartoon-graphic game using 3D engines. I do think RO's cartoon-graphics are cool though.

Erdrick Holmes
02-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Graphics aren't really that important in a game.

Finally! Somebody else who thinks this.

Tidus Andronicus
02-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Well I decided to look around at more information. It seems there are stronger rumors around that it's just the same RO with revamped graphics (which I think the landscapes and architecture look pretty amazing, but would have liked them to improve on a more cell shaded character cast), where you can switch your original character over to it.

Actually, the way Gravity updates the client data everytime you run the game, it wouldn't be hard to do.
I know from my experiance with the way private ro servers work.(no i dont run one, iRO/kRO is still the best! ^_~)
If they wanted to, RO 2 could just be seperated into a series of update patches that slowly install them selves into current players clients. The result being after its done, a whole new look in the graphics.
Gravity has already hinted at this with recent update patches (from the korean version that is) After browsing through some of the sprite data that gets updated, we came accross some unused 3D monster sprites, and other such sprites have been minorly mentioned on the kRO site.

So they could just patched over our old ROs to give us a whole new experiance... but they would also have to patch the client EXE file, and quite a lot of other stuff... I'm sure you'd still have to Download something from the site... but its possible.

Rostum
02-14-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't know, for one there's no "Online" in the title of Ragnarok II, that is in the movie. But also, I don't think it would be wise for Gravity to completely just change the whole graphics of Ragnarok Online and then start calling it Ragnarok 2.

Doomgaze
02-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Does Gravity even do any offline games??

Do Koreans even do any offline games? xD

m4tt
02-14-2005, 01:06 PM
What if you can transfer your old RO items and stats? :P
I'd still probably stay with RO. Unless ALL my friends wanted to go.

Rostum
02-15-2005, 03:54 AM
If Gravity approached this properly, they could make a fortune. I think they'd need to improve on the gameplay and battle system a little more, and introduce a lot of new elements (like races for instance, that you can choose from), and actually keep security tight like with a lot of the big-time MMORPG's (FFXI, EQ2, Eve-Online, etc.).

I think they have a good chance, if they play their cards right. I would then probably try it out. And for those people who say "Well I like RO how it is, I wouldn't want these graphics, newer gameplay, etc." Well, just keep playing RO, I think Gravity would be entitled to try newer things to get more people interested. Just what I think, anyways.