PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me get a Xenogears disc one?

eestlinc
02-13-2005, 02:43 AM
About two years ago I bought a used copy of Xenogears. The sad part is my disc one never worked. Disc one gets hung up on the opening FMV, therefore I have never been able to play the game.

Anyone want to help me out?

Mirage
02-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Perhaps the CD is broken? Try playing it in a different machine. If not, the only idea I've got is to get your PS modded and write a copy of the game to a CD from an image you got off the internet. Some companies send you a new copy if you give them your old copy, but I don't know if Square still does that with games as old as XG. You could try contacting them though.

eestlinc
02-13-2005, 02:59 AM
I think Del Murder should mail me his disc one so I can use it to get to disc two. I know my disc two works.

Mirage
02-13-2005, 03:09 AM
I could send you a CD image of disc 1, but as I said, you'd have to mod you PS. :p

eestlinc
02-13-2005, 03:25 AM
I don't want it to involve any work. I already spent too much on a game I can't even play.

Del Murder
02-13-2005, 05:47 PM
It's my brother's, so you better send it back.

eestlinc
02-15-2005, 12:31 AM
I am trustworthy! I'll let you know when I will have time to start playing the game.

nik0tine
02-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Try this: Take some rubbing alcahol and put it on a cotton ball. Rub it onto your CD in an up and down motion, then wipe it off with a small cloth. That usually clears up most problems I have with any CD's. Don't worry about it ruining your cd either, it won't. I have done it a million times. And besides, if it DID ruin it for some reason, it isn't like you are losing much anyway. I suggest you try that.