PDA

View Full Version : Go preorder Musashi Samurai Legend!

Necronopticous
02-13-2005, 05:09 AM
Musashi Samurai Legend comes out March 15th, and get this, America is getting it BEFORE Japan. Doesn't happen often so go take advantage of it! Major game retail stores are taking preorders, I preordered mine at Gamestop today!

Who else is as excited as me?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2005, 09:36 AM
There was a demo of it on the latest OPM disc.

Suffice to say that I hope the demo focused on the most boring part of the game.

Captain Maxx Power
02-13-2005, 11:54 AM
To the uninitiated (I.e. me) please explain why this is the one game to rule them all?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-13-2005, 12:01 PM
It's the sequel to a good game. The original also came out in 1998, so there's some nostalgia factor thrown in there, as well.

Lord Chainsaw
02-14-2005, 02:37 AM
I enjoyed the first game. Nice amount of humor to it, although some parts were a little too frustrating.

For some reason the game reminded me a lot of the Klonoa series. Perhaps it was the way the camera moved at certain points.

Necronopticous
02-14-2005, 05:40 AM
There was a demo of it on the latest OPM disc.

Suffice to say that I hope the demo focused on the most boring part of the game.
I wonder if it was the same demo as I played at E3? If so I thought it seemed fun, slower paced than Brave Fencer, but fun.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Musashi starts out at night on this long walkway punctuated by several platforms. Along the walkway are robots, and on each platform is an ambush of faster-moving humanoids. The walkway eventually reaches a circular tower, and inside is a grating along the edge that eventually leads to an elevator, which takes Musashi to the roof, where a boss awaits. I don't think it's possible to beat the boss within the demo's time limit, so that's where it ends.

Necronopticous
02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Sounds like the same one, did you get to a part where you were on a spider web that allowed you to spring yourself really high when you jump?

Destai
02-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Doesnt look anything big. Just another Platformer though i havent played it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Sounds like the same one, did you get to a part where you were on a spider web that allowed you to spring yourself really high when you jump?No, there was just the walkway, the tower interior, and the top.

Necronopticous
02-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Okay, then it wasn't the same demo, although the one I played was not very long either.

feioncastor
02-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Musashi starts out at night on this long walkway punctuated by several platforms. Along the walkway are robots, and on each platform is an ambush of faster-moving humanoids. The walkway eventually reaches a circular tower, and inside is a grating along the edge that eventually leads to an elevator, which takes Musashi to the roof, where a boss awaits. I don't think it's possible to beat the boss within the demo's time limit, so that's where it ends.
Wow, that sounds incredibly like the beginning of Brave Fencer Musashi.

Feion

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-17-2005, 04:00 PM
It's not nearly as interesting. The walkway is just a straight path, and the only obstacles are the enemies; there are no boulders or rivers or bridges to knock down. The tower interior is a lot shorter; instead of walking up a spiral path and having to drop an enormous bell on top of the central torch, you just walk a little to an elevator and go directly to the roof.

feioncastor
02-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Lame.

crashNUMBERS
02-21-2005, 02:50 AM
I love the first game "brave fencer musasi". Although he really wasnt a fencer :p

Dormos
03-02-2005, 02:39 AM
This is Dormos' tale of love, pain, and retribution.

Waaaaaay back, back when Dormos got his first Playstation, he recieved, packaged with it, a demo. "Interactive Disk 8" was the name of the demo disk. Inside was a few games, and a few videos. Coolboarders 3, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Metal Gear Solid, they were all on there. But after playing through them, Dormos found another game, hidden at the top of one of the menus. He realized that it was actually a playable demo, and not a video, like all of the other choices on the same menu. Dormos loved the name of the demo: Brave Fencer Musashi. It had swords and a japanese dude in it. It was bound to be good.

Dormos played this demo, which included three levels, the beginner's (Running from the giant head), the mediocre's (Steel Knight... or whatever the four-legged robot knight's name was), and the advanced's (under the cafe). Dormos played all three, then continued playing the advanced's level, just because it was that dang fun. For hours upon hours, he would sit there, trying to get the next skill, trying to bowl down every one of the ghoulish things at the end of the walkway, and when he finished doing all of that, he did it some more.

Then one day, while Dormos was out with his aunt, he saw Brave Fencer Musashi in the store. He knew he had to get it, but he had no money! He knew his aunt had money, though, since the reason they came was to buy a game. Dormos knew that his aunt was a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, and that's where he saw his chance. For enclosed within the copy of Brave Fencer Musashi, there was included a demo of FFVIII! With his charm and intelligent debating skills, Dormos finally got his aunt to buy the game.

Dormos played it for hours on end. Eventually, he came to the end of the game and beat it (this was 1998, remember). Dormos was immensely satisfied. He had just finished the greatest game of all time. In fact, it was so great, Dormos KNEW it had to have a sequel coming!

Weeks passed. Dormos wasn't worried. That sequel was coming. Weeks turned into months, months into years. Dormos had given up hope on a sequel coming out for this great game. It became yet another chapter in the great book of underrated games in history. Dormos never forgot about the game, though, and when asked, always replied that it was the best game ever.

Then, fate seemed to go CRAZY and take a turn for the best. During the 2-3 seconds that it takes to turn on the TV and put it on Input to play his PS2 (for much time had passed since Dormos' fiasco with Brave Fencer Musashi. Technology had advanced, PS1s had become obsolete, replaced by the more powerful, more technological, hotter PS2), there was a show on G4 about E3. And during those 2-3 seconds, Dormos heard those five golden words-

"Sequel to Brave Fencer Musashi."

Dormos couldn't believe his ears! Could this be true? Could there really be a sequel to Brave Fencer Musashi? It was too late to tell, for by the time that Dormos got his TV off of Input to see if he really heard what he thought he did, the section was already over.

But no time could be spared! Dormos turned off his PS2, put down his controller, and hopped into his computer chair to check to see if his dreams had come true.

And they had!

Brave Fencer Musashi was THE greatest game of all time, made by THE greatest developers of all time. Samurai Legend Musashi is supposed to be a little different from Brave Fencer, but it's a small price to pay for such a wonderful turn of events. Nothing but positive things have been said about the game, and with luck, nothing but positive things will come of it.

Heck, it made me write that huge story. That alone qualifies it to be awesome, and check-out-worthy.

Unless Enix, with its union with Squaresoft (yes, I'm still grumpy about that) screws it up, those jerks.

Alice
03-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Ill be buying it, not even if i like it but to support the idea of releasing games in U.S. This will give us more info on games then we actually get, it could actually change the market. According to SE north america spends 3 times the money on games with 1/3rd the releases of Japan.. i think they are going to start to send most games to US first... and Ill help that along :)