PDA

View Full Version : Help dealing with computers and programs and such

Ironman0723
02-13-2005, 05:23 AM
I have a networking card that allows me to get in touch with signals.. But basically, what I need, is to know if there is any program that will strengthen my signal from my antennae. I know I can just get a better antennae, but I wanna know if there is a way I can strengthen my signal using a program. Help?

Mirage
02-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Get in touch with signals? You mean a wireless network card. As far as I know, you can't strengthen the signal with some program.

Xander
02-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Hmm, I can't help, but I'll put this in the Help forum for you, because you might get some more replies there. =)

Rostum
02-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm not too experienced in hardware, but from my understanding you're using a wireless network card to tap into a wireless hot spot, or something. In anycase the speed would be determined by the specifications of the card and how far away you are from where you're taping into.

crono_logical
02-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Don't forget to take interference or other obstacles e.g. walls into account too, as they'll also weaken the signal. You'd probably be best off sitting next to the access point :D

Squall04
02-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Are you supposed to be able to get into this WAP (Wireless Access Point) or are you trying to show computer hacking skillz to the ladies?

("Girls only want boyfriends with great skills! You know, num-chuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.")