PDA

View Full Version : FF4J (FF 2 U.S. Version) Cheats/Codes?

Curbie
02-13-2005, 06:35 AM
Can anyone please tell me if there are any game genie codes for the Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II - U.S. Version) game? I'm specifically looking for infinite Gil in shops - as things are a bit pricey in the game. :) I've come across many sites, but when I enter them into the emulator, the infinite gil codes don't seem to work. Can anyone please help? Thanks!

Zyrthofar
02-13-2005, 02:09 PM
You need money?? Each time I play through the game, I get to the end with so much gil that I buy sets of 99 Elixirs. Then again, it may be because I like to level-up a lot.

If you really want to cheat, I suggest a program that edits the savegame, not a gamegenie code. If you want one, I have made a savegame editor (in beta, far from completed, but it has a lot of functionality). If you ask for it, I should put it on my web site temporarily...

Of course, there are other editors, but as far as I saw them, they come far from what I have done (yet).

Curbie
02-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah...I'd like an editor please so I can get infinite Gil - I hate leveling up, but *sigh* it's required. I just don't like to sit hours on end leveling up - I'd rather cheat. *lol*

feioncastor
02-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Then there's the good old item duplication trick. It's within the game, no game genie or anything needed.

Feion

Curbie
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Then there's the good old item duplication trick. It's within the game, no game genie or anything needed.

Feion

Umm.....Ok...thanks for the tip, but HOW do I use this item duplication trick? I am using ZSNES Version 1.36 (for windows). Again, if you could please tell me some more info on how to use the item duplication I'd appreciate it. Actually...if anyone has a hacking tool specific to infinite Gil you can send it to me at curbie@hotmail.com or just post a link here on this topic...it would help me out. Thanks again! :D

DJZen
02-14-2005, 01:40 AM
If you're looking to hack a game or a savestate, the first place you should look is Zophar's Domain (http://www.zophar.net). It's much faster than asking around message boards.

Curbie
02-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Ok, So I downloaded 2 files from Zophar's Domain. The only problem I run into for the FFIV (J2e translated type) is that the .cht files I've downloaded....don't work. How do I get them to work? It seems my Gil keeps getting spent when they're not supposed to. :confused: How do I get these files to work with the emulator playing the rom?

Curbie
02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Nevermind, I've figured out how to use the .CHT files.... :D