PDA

View Full Version : College is the best 4 years of your life.

Dingo Jellybean
02-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Anyone agree?

I do, thus far at least. I love it. The atmosphere, the people...the big campus...getting crazy after big victories(like our season sweep of Duke...*cough*), there's nothing like it. I sometimes wish I can do this forever, but eh. I still have another 1.5-2 more years before I graduate, but I just like the experience. I hated my 4 years in HS...well, not really...they just weren't that exciting. But I love my college years so far, I only wish they would last longer...but that means basically throwing away a degree I'm working so hard for.

<b>EDITED FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ CAREFULLY: Best years of my life thus far.</b>

I know college isn't for everyone, but I love it. We're still young and mature(I use this term loosely) yet old enough to realize the world around us. I can't fully describe the college experience, but I love every second of it.

Samuraid
02-13-2005, 09:45 AM
University and college are definitely an insteresting experience. All in all, I like it; though, I wouldn't go so far as to say is represents the best years of my life.

Shlup
02-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Good? Yes. The best? I see you don't have very high expectations for your life.

Jojee
02-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I don't think so ;)

From my life so far, I'd say that senior year of HS was the best ever ^_^

I'm sure college will only get better, though, with each passing year like HS did :)

Craig
02-13-2005, 11:29 AM
College in England is a bit different to the USA, but I agree it's better then school, the atmosphere is so great.

gokufusionss1
02-13-2005, 12:09 PM
i still live at home and commute so miss out on the majority of the shenanigans.

Resha
02-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Yay! Looks like I have something to look forward to! :D But I love these years of my life too...

Silmaril
02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Heck no. I'm still in college (last year) and i HATE it :nonono: . I've been doing nothing but study since the day I entered it and my social life has gone down da drain. I've got exams in March and April :weep: :crying2: .

Rainecloud
02-13-2005, 02:39 PM
I absolutely hated College. I hated the teachers (who were constantly late for lessons), I hated the other kids (they were always talking about getting drunk and getting 'laid'), and I hated the toilet facilities (they smelled bad).

So, no. I didn't really like College. :/

Destai
02-13-2005, 02:55 PM
*SNIFFFF*

Mr. Graves
02-13-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't like it, but I think it has more do with the college I attend (<s>Haggerty High</s>) than college life in general. The Instructor totally lack people skills, and one instructor even admitted that he didn't even know or care about a homework assignment he handed out, so no one there save for a select few instructors really gives a fsck at all.

It's sucks so far.

Peegee
02-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Too many fat people.

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I haven't been there for a year, but I miss it. Does that answer the question?

I loved my highschool because we were close knit, but when you come from a town like I did people tend to be closed minded, and that was something I didn't like. When I went to college, I found more people not necessarily like me, but people who were willing to experience things outside of what they knew. That's what I like about it.

Yamaneko
02-13-2005, 06:32 PM
i still live at home and commute so miss out on the majority of the shenanigans.

Jebus
02-13-2005, 07:00 PM
College sucked until I saw that guy on the unicycle. Then college became xD. That and the Rasta.

Del Murder
02-13-2005, 09:16 PM
It was? That sucks.

krissy
02-13-2005, 09:26 PM
College sucked until I saw that guy on the unicycle. Then college became xD. That and the Rasta.

yours too?

louby_4eva
02-13-2005, 09:30 PM
college is pretty cool (I thought it only lasted 2 years??) I preferred high school though, I don't see my friends as often now.

Miriel
02-13-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't think so ;)

From my life so far, I'd say that senior year of HS was the best ever ^_^

I'm sure college will only get better, though, with each passing year like HS did :)

Exactly my thoughts.

High school was an amazing experience for me, and Senior year (minus the suicide-inducing college application period) was a blur of beach parties, sleepovers, dances, and a whole lot of "good times."

The first few weeks of college was...very very loney. It was new and exciting, but I desperately missed my family and friends. I doubt that college will EVER live up to the greatness of high school for the simple fact that my bestest friends aren't here with me.

But yeah, college is pretty great so far and I'm hoping that Sophomore year will be even better now that I'm somewhat acclimated to college life. And USC during football season is just...intense. The days after the Orange Bowl were insanely fun. Parties were going on 24/7 it was awesome ^__^

As far as classes go, I LOVE them. Well most of them at least. Heh, learning is fun in college! If my best friends came to USC with me, I think I would spontaneously combust from my level of sheer happiness.

Hawkeye
02-13-2005, 11:36 PM
highschool is awesome, seeing im still in it :D

SeeDRankLou
02-13-2005, 11:41 PM
College was the best four years of my life that I had experienced so far, by leaps and bounds. But the best four years of life overall, nah. I was good though.

boris no no
02-14-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah me too. alot of my friends go on about going out like everynight which i just can't afford to do. i don't live too far away but it costs over £2o by taxi. :cry:
i do love it though but the best year for me was my first year at college (highschool for you americans!...i was 16) we just went to the pub ALL the time and smoked and did what all teenagers do best! I'll leave that to your imaginations! ;)

Rydia of Mist
02-14-2005, 03:36 AM
College thus far has been a nightmare for me. Two different schools, two semesters, two utter bombs. My life just LOVES to get in the way of my education. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to get a degree.

Dingo Jellybean
02-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Good? Yes. The best? I see you don't have very high expectations for your life.

Of course I do, but for an admin, you just don't read carefully.

I can't judge my life until I'm at the end of it...being 21, I clearly have a lot to go. So thus far, it has been.

Dr Unne
02-14-2005, 04:40 AM
It is what you make of it. For me, I got to go 4 years without having to work full-time, and I just read books and played on the computer all day and no one expected more of me; in fact people looked at me with admiration for doing it. I got to move away from home into an apartment with my friends. I got to talk to some of the smartest people on the planet on a regular basis. Yeah, it was pretty nice I'd say.

Best four years of my life? No idea. I might die tomorrow, in which case they probably would be the best years of my life. I might live to get married someday, in which case college would probably fall at least to second place. At this point, all I have to compare college to is high school, which was torture.

Mindflare
02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
I don't like it. I just want my actual life to start. I need a bit more of a steady and reliable life. College isn't that from my experiences.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-14-2005, 06:48 AM
I start my first year at the end of this month....sounds interesting!

Miriel
02-14-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah, and if anyone is on TheFacebook, add me! I just joined a few weeks ago, but I'm so addicted. :p

DeBlayde
02-14-2005, 08:06 PM
College was tons of fun. My university in particular. We didn't have any really major teams, so there wasn't the huge sweeping mass of conformity of a hundred thousand people dressed in the same color and shouting the fight song at the top of their lungs. There were groups for anybody interested in just about anything.

Unfortunately, I needed to work very hard and put my own butt through college (few loans and grants, no scholarships) and working, studying and being married all at the same time gets kinda busy. All my money went to tuition and rent. Occasionally food.

Starving College Student is not a role that is a whole lot of fun to play.

DoomAntenna
02-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I don't think life will ever be steady and reliable, but I guess I'm only judging on what I've seen so far of it. It seems pretty fluid and ever- changing to me. And I love college (meaning US college, UK Uni), it's harder than high school for sure, but I've been enjoying my time. I do like US college more than UK University at the moment. However, I did spend 1.5 years at a US University, and about 1.5 months so far at a UK University, so I can't really say for sure which one I will end up preferring. I think maybe it was just my group of friends at home, but it seems like there's a lot more emphasis in the UK on people in University drinking alcohol, smoking, and having sex (not all people, of course, just a lot). And in my opinion, the food here is WAY less healthy than American food. Oh... the grease... congealing... ughhh...

eestlinc
02-15-2005, 01:45 AM
I met some great friends and had some amazing experiences. I also had some horrible experiences, but that's life.

Rool
02-15-2005, 02:40 AM
I love being at college. High school was social hell. At college you have lots of diversity and it's very easy to meet people. I enjoy the tomfoolery that occurs on a daily basis as well as the many intellectual conversations and new ideas that sprout. It's no walk in the park, you have to work hard, unlike high school where everything is spoon fed for you, but working hard pays off and is all the more satisfying in the end. I'll admit thus far my college career has been the high point in my life probably because I wasn't expecting anything great, it just turned out that way.

Squall04
02-16-2005, 03:29 PM
College sucks balls. Ok, probably just my college. And it's not just me. There's a reason why every person knows exactly how many days left they have to graduate (1,197 days for the class of '08).

ShivaBlizzard8
02-16-2005, 05:07 PM
I graduated from college last year and I'd give anything to go back. Was definately the best experience of my entire life - amazing people, great teachers, friends, parties, discovering all sorts of new things, falling in love. . . it sounds so cheesy, but college made me into the person I always wanted to be.

I'm in grad school now, and although its fun, its not the same. I'll always look back on undergrad with warm memories - enjoy it while it lasts! :love:

Christmas
02-19-2023, 03:09 AM
Oh hell yeah! I skipped most of the classess, stole all the toilet papers and still graduate with the certification needed! It was one hell of a ride especially for those riding each other in toilet stalls while I was doing the stealing. :bigsmile: