PDA

View Full Version : ::Flash::

silent_ultima
02-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Guys..

How can I take flash files from the computer? We can't simply right-click-save as like we did with pictures, ya?

Please help i need to do my school work and it requires me to do some research regarding flash.. thanx guys..

crono_logical
02-13-2005, 05:15 PM
One way I'd probably do it is temporarily disable flash support in the browser by renaming the appropriate files, search the source code of the web page for the flash animation's true web location, and enter that in the address bar - with flash disabled, the browser should ask you where to download it instead :p Personally, I'd use wget, but most people won't have that, with having Windows on their machine :p

NM
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
If your using IE once the flash file has been loaded into the web browser goto Tools > Internet Options. Under the General tab click on Settings and then click on View Files. Sort the list by Internet Address, scroll down the list until you find the files from the site with the flash file you want and look for a file with .swf as it's extension.

If your using Firefox load the page up and goto Tools > Page Info and click on the Media tab. Again go down the list looking for files with a .swf extension highlight it and click the Save As button.

However most people will make an swf file protected. So don't expect to be able to open it up in Flash and have a play around.

Mirage
02-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Look at the source of the page, find the URL of the flash, make an HTML document containing a link to the URL. Open the HTML file and rightclick - save the file.

silent_ultima
02-14-2005, 02:32 PM
thanx guys!!
i'll try all of the solutions...
thanx a million,ya!!

Xander
02-14-2005, 03:15 PM
If you're doing research on Flash for school, and you have to print out stuff that you have written up about it.. (I'm only imagining this might be what you have to do, because I had to do a similar thing at college), and you just want an image of the Flash movie to go with your research you can do it by taking a screen shot of the movie.

To do this just press the Print Screen button on your keyboard at the point of the movie that you want to make an image out of. Then open up an image program (Photoshop for example), make a new image (file > new) then paste (edit > paste) to paste the screenshot of the flash movie. Then you can crop the image to the size of the movie using the Crop tool, and save it as a normal image from there.

If you didn't need to do this then just ignore me. =P