PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

Ezme
02-13-2005, 02:52 PM
You know all the various magazines you collect for limit breaks etc. can you sell them? without lossing the information needed? Just wondered because the occult fan is worth liek 17000 gil.

rubah
02-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Occult fan isn't related to weapons.

It's to find doomtrain, and even then you don't need it. I always miss out on getting the second one and I've always got him. You can even still get the Solomon's Ring when Lunatic Pandora is over Tears Point. Just get out of the ragnarok first:P

and you don't need the others either. But they're fun to read them, so I buy the ones I miss. which is usually occult fan 2 and combat thingy 5.

Skyblade
02-14-2005, 08:13 PM
And, yes, once you've read them, they're useless, so sell away. Although I never needed to sell any items to have massive cash... SeeD pays well.

On a side note, how can you get Combat King 003, besides the Bookstore in Esthar? All most of the sites I go to say is that you get it from Zell's girlfriend after staying at the Balamb hotel. I'd appreciate a little elaboration about this. Thanks.

rubah
02-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I thought that was combat king 005?

but you have to court her a bit. I'm not at all sure how this happens, but you have to talk to the girl with the dark hair in pigtails that works in the library in probably the first two discs. Supposedly you answer a questionaire, but I've never seen it yet. Go back at some point (I want to say disc three, but I really don't have a clue. It might still be disc two), and if you managed to do something right (you either need zell in your party or out of it:P I'd say in, though) someone will tell you that the chick went to Balamb. So you go to Balamb, ask Zell's mom, she'll tell you to try the hotel. So stay the night. With any luck zell will be gone. so go spy on him.

something like that.

Skyblade
02-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I thought that was combat king 005?

but you have to court her a bit. I'm not at all sure how this happens, but you have to talk to the girl with the dark hair in pigtails that works in the library in probably the first two discs. Supposedly you answer a questionaire, but I've never seen it yet. Go back at some point (I want to say disc three, but I really don't have a clue. It might still be disc two), and if you managed to do something right (you either need zell in your party or out of it:P I'd say in, though) someone will tell you that the chick went to Balamb. So you go to Balamb, ask Zell's mom, she'll tell you to try the hotel. So stay the night. With any luck zell will be gone. so go spy on him.

something like that.

Cool, thanks. Disc 3, huh? That's why I haven't seen it yet then. I've gotten to the point right before the Garden Wars. And I DID answer the questionarre, which is part of the reason why I'm interested in it. The questionarre was triggered when I had Zell in my party, I went to the reading room in the back, turned around and left, and about halfway through the main Library room, I was stopped and questioned by the "Committee to learn more about Zell". :p

Oh, and CK 005 is found in the Lunatic Pandora during Disc III.

Edit: I just completed the little side quest. After doing the above, in Disc 3, I went to the library with Zell in my party, and talked to the guy near the counter who mentioned that none of the library committee members were there. I then went to Balamb, and spoke to the girl near the city entrance, who mentions that the pigtail girl from the library stopped by Zell's house. I then went to Zell's house, where Zell's mom said that no one had come by. I then went to the inn, spent the night, and the rest is history.

Just in case anyone else had any problems with this event.