PDA

View Full Version : It Has Come To My Attention...

Rainecloud
02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
...that I change my avatar/signature setup far too often. Don't you agree? The problem is, I'm never satisfied with the setup, and I get bored of the images quite quickly. In fact, I might go back to my previous setup right now, as I'm a little tired of this strange-looking wrestler.

Are you the same? Are you constantly changing your avatar/signature? Do you have any personal favourites that you keep going back to?

Discuss, please.

Del Murder
02-13-2005, 09:17 PM
No need to change after you've found the best.

edczxcvbnm
02-13-2005, 09:25 PM
I have 2 avatars. The one I use right now is used only when 24 has a new season airing...such as now. The signature is always changing. I had mine banned for a good long while so I don't have on to use right now. I am currently working on a new one but it is going to take me a while to get all the character screens that I want.

Xander
02-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I like your hooded avatar best, Raine. You should keep that one.

Personally I'm quite fond of my KH manga sig setup so generally I keep it all the time now. Occasionally I'll make something new but I'll only use it for a week or two, then go back. Sometimes I'll go back to my very first setup, because I'm feeling nostalgic. ^^ I might use it again after the elections, actually.

Samuraid
02-13-2005, 09:28 PM
It's fun to change things but if you keep an avatar or image a long time, people begin to know and remember you by that...

RSL
02-13-2005, 09:28 PM
I've been using this Bikke avatar for quite awhile. I usually don't use much for a sig, the current one being for the elections only.

Luc
02-13-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm like that too. Well, I'd like to change my sig and avatar often, but I'm not good at photoshop or anything, and I don't like requesting too much. So, if I get an av/sig set that I really like, I'll probably keep it for a really long time.

You have a nice avatar though, you should keep that one.

Yamaneko
02-13-2005, 09:40 PM
No need to change after you've found the best.
Yeah, Dr Unne is pretty awesome.

Leeza
02-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't change mine too often, but I still have more of Dr Unne's artwork that I want to use so I'll be changing it every once in a while.

One of my favourtire themes was of Lily White, Marylin Manson's cat artwork, but you guys all seem to freak out over it for some reason. I will use it again though sometime. :)

crono_logical
02-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't think I change mine often enough, but I'm too lazy/can't find new animations that'd seem good for an avatar :p

One of my favourtire themes was of Lily White, Marylin Manson's cat artwork, but you guys all seem to freak out over it for some reason. I will use it again though sometime. :)Fortunately for me, I have sig's turned off for pages I view :}

Leeza
02-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Fortunately for me, I have sig's turned off for pages I view :}
Well that explains why you then still have that one white pixel in your sig on your last sprite that keeps driving me nuts. :) It's not there all the time, but it's there. :)

crono_logical
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
That's always been there since I made it, and I've always known about it :p I think it's because I hex-editted the colour palette to put my nick in it, since it's not there in the clean copy :p

Rye
02-13-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm always changing my banners. I make banners constantly and a lot of the time I post them on my very own <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/rye_graphics/">Graphics LJ.</a> I love graphic designing so I like to change my banners to what I think is an improvement. My favourite banner at the moment that I use occasionally is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/Rye89/amyleepurple2.gif

Flamethrower
02-13-2005, 11:10 PM
I usually change my avatar about once a month, but I eventually go back to the one I have currently.

Hawkeye
02-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Signature? Yes, I do change it once in a while, only if im in a good enough mood to actually do it. My avatar has always been the same since I first came here ;)

Mr. Graves
02-13-2005, 11:14 PM
You do change it too often. :)

Destai
02-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Well I dont recognise you so I cant say.

Irony

Sepho
02-13-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't change mine very often. I've used the same dragon avatar (as well as the same username, which I made up in literally 30 seconds, thinking I wouldn't use it for very long) since I started foruming some years ago. The first forum I registered for, and the first forum I called home, won't let users have custom avatars or titles until they wrote 1337 posts, and up until they switched from UBB to vB, you had to request that an admin change your avatar.

Because of this, users with a CI (or "custom icon" as they were commonly referred to), were always recognized as oldbies, or popularity was somewhat based on whether one had a CI, and users didn't change their avatars often as a result of this recognition.

I have the current moomba avatar in place for the duration of the elections currently taking place, and I'll probably go back to the dragon after they're over.

This forum also had signatures turned off completely, so I haven't designed a lot of signatures over the years. Even now, if a forum allows signatures, I still turn them off in the user cp, because they clutter up the page and detract from the content of the posts. I only have a signature there right now because of the elections, and I've been web and graphic designing for quite a few years, so I enjoyed the opportunity to open up Photoshop. Because of this, and because I've lightened up on my sig hating, I may have a small sig after the elections are over. I just need something to link to :p.

escobert
02-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Yeah I'm always changing mine.

boris no no
02-13-2005, 11:53 PM
i love my normal avatar!! the blob one!
i like to change my sig because i normally havesong lyrics there.
plus i'm pretty new (only two months here!) so i hevn't really changed it often! :D

Aurey
02-14-2005, 12:04 AM
I too like your current avatar, Rainecloud. :>

Anywho, I had one avatar that I used for about a month and a half, and it was probably the one I used for the longest time period. But that was simply because I had deleted Paint Shop Pro from my computer, so I couldn't make another one. :P But uhm, other than that, I tend to change my signatures and avatars quite often.

Kirobaito
02-14-2005, 12:05 AM
I used to change quite a bit, but eventually I found the greatest avatar/sig combo ever created in the history of the universe. So, no more changing for me.

Peegee
02-14-2005, 12:12 AM
I went for years without an avatar. It's not a big deal.

Shlup
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I change my occassionally. I usually leave it alone out of laziness though.

Psychotic
02-14-2005, 12:32 AM
I chance mine once every month and a half, or so. Probably. Maybe.

o_O
02-14-2005, 12:37 AM
I think I've changed my avatar and/or sig..... three times, maybe four, since I joined. Whenever that was. :p

fire_of_avalon
02-14-2005, 12:45 AM
I haven't changed mine since eternalshiva made it. Except for the elections. As soon as those are done, Lego Bebop will return.

Agent Proto
02-14-2005, 12:55 AM
I usually change my avatar/sig quite often. Though, not as quickly as Rainecloud, who just can't make up his own mind when it comes to this stuff. Just stick to one and leave it alone for a couple of weeks.

Lucky Charms
02-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Well, I used to have Photoshop.. I lost the key for it so I haven't really used it since. I tend to keep my sigs simple now. I think if were to reinstall Photoshop right now, I would be probably be changing my sigs every 1 1/2 weeks.

Graphic designing is addictive. :)

Killy
02-14-2005, 02:38 AM
I dont change my sig really often. Ive had this one for about a year and a half. I cant be bothered to make a new one.