PDA

View Full Version : Your Ultimate Game!

Dreddz
02-13-2005, 08:32 PM
My ultimate game would be..........

Set in a complete medievil fantasy world
Be an RPG but not like a turn based battle setting. More like an action but you can upgrade weopons and stats.
Must have many puzzles but not alot of back-tracking.
Must be long and hard.

Basically a cross between Final Fantasy Dark Cloud 2 ( not 1 ) and Alundra

Lord Chainsaw
02-14-2005, 02:30 AM
I would consider an ultimate game to be a game that I personally have to put down when I get tired of playing it, and not a game I put down because I completely finish.

Maybe I'm obsessive, but I'd also like games to be divided into Chapters. I can't get over how cool games like Final Fantasy Tactics were when they had chapters that tied a theme together. An awesome bonus would be being able to replay the game from any chapter upon completion of the main game.

I'd also like to see a final boss with one form. Is that so damn hard to do?

Xander
02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Hmm. It'd be some combination of Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and Legend of Zelda games. Also it'd have moogles in. And numerous cute creatures. It'd have a lot of sidequests and secrets to uncover.

Part of it'd be sorta like a town and you had to help people out by completing various quests, so there'd be a lot of exploring. It wouldn't be too difficult though. The basic game would be easy enough but there'd be so many different optional challenges, that you could get as much difficulty out of the game as you wished.

There would be battles like Kingdom Hearts style, your character being able to jump, slash, etc and the battles wouldn't be random. There would be bosses too but they would be optional for getting extra stuff, maybe. The game's main challenge wouldn't come from the bosses you killed but mostly the level of exploration and numerous quests you could complete.

In the game you can go at your own pace, and you can do things in different orders, so it's quite non-linear.

Also the game would be designed so you get a different playing experience, or that different players get different experiences depending on the choices they make. Also these things effect how the story turns out. So maybe numerous endings. But always happy endings. :) There would probably be an underlying love story or something, but it wouldn't be all sickly and in your face, it'd be something like Zidane and Garnet. (Well how I personally think their story worked).

And it'd be addictive because there'd be so much to do and uncover. I'm not sure what platform it'd be on. GBA or Gamecube maybe. Probably Gamecube. Ohh yeah I know it'd be on Gamecube and you can link your GBA up, and then the side thing going on on your GBA will be the bit that is similar to Pokemon, like you'd have a "pokedex" type thing with the creatures you collect, you can also access them from the GBA to colour them and stuff. So you collect more creatures from every area you go to, and so the more sidequests or optional areas you decide to complete, the more of these creatures you can find. And also they will help you with other quests... and they'd all be really cute. ^_^

Yeah, I could probably go on forever, but you get the point. xD

Destai
02-14-2005, 03:34 PM
NOT Medieval. I cant stick those blasted games. It would take place in a modern wor- Okay lets just imagine it was just like Midgar. A lot of the game would take place there but at certain points you left the city so you wouldnt become sick of it. A battle system similar to Star Ocean 3 but a system that worked similar to Materia having a large effect on the battle and magic, abilities. Have a main character but possible to switch characters in battle (again with SO3) Pretty FMV's and a storyline equal or better than VII's is to me. Which I havent managed to find since I begun playing RPG's. Brilliant Music etc. All the works.

ruby azaryth
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I already have my ultimate game: STAR OCEAN 3!!

Dking'squeen
02-14-2005, 06:57 PM
my ultimate game would be...something of a mix between...Tekken and Final Fantasy games with a little Castlevania. Something along those lines

Pure Strife
02-14-2005, 06:59 PM
There'd be zombies, lots of big marine-type fearsome looking dudes, inifinite ammo, co-operative gameplay (with CPU or human allies) in huge areas, where you do things that are actually interesting and make sense, with an underlying theme of playing as a badass shooting things, with the odd other badass shooting things.

Like that movie Dawn Of The Dead (remake) mixed with Star Wars Battlefront with a fair bit of Resident Evil, and maybe some (a lot) Castlevania overtones to the whole affair. RE4 with allies I suppose.

Ultima Shadow
02-14-2005, 07:49 PM
An awesome RPG with awesome storyline, characters, gameplay and music. It should take about 120 hours to finish the game + there should be a load of extra missions and extrabosses.
The bosses should be much more challanging than they are in most games that's released these days and the final boss should be a dude only 1 form (for a change) who would take about 1 hour to take down if you've got the most powerfull possible stuff in the game.

You should be able to make your own weapons by forging stuff etc. There should be a gigantic world map, about 400-600 different kinds of monsters and a super boss named Ultima Weapon who would be so hard that most people who tries to beat him end up throwing their consoles into the wall in frustration or something like that.

It should be a real time action-RPG and not turnbased (even tough I love turn based games) and you should be able to strike in different ways and directions by moving the right joypad in different ways (if it's a PS2 controller you're playing it with) or something like that. Your characters should be able to reach as high as level 255 and there shouldn't be any max limit for stats. The battles should require more skill than just pressing the attack button over and over again. Hmmmm... let's see... oh, yea... and there should be a gigantic rabbit in the game who give you pointless missions. :cool:

Well... I guess that's about it. :cool:

Dreddz
02-14-2005, 08:24 PM
I'd like alot of side-quests and bosses. Oh yer i luv mega-bosses!!

Game must take about 100+ hours or sumin

Erdrick Holmes
02-14-2005, 08:26 PM
DoA: Naked Lesbian Pillowfights.

Dreddz
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
oh yer!!

Dking'squeen
02-14-2005, 08:38 PM
let me in on THAT game, joel!

Erdrick Holmes
02-14-2005, 08:45 PM
NO!!! It's my idea, I just gotta get Tecmo in on it. Call me, game developers. I got tons of ideas for games :p

Dreddz
02-14-2005, 10:08 PM
lol I will back you up all the way

Raistlin
02-15-2005, 04:33 AM
Best Story/Characters/Ending: Lunar SSSC
Best Gameplay/setting/plot twists/music/towns: Suikoden II
Best Magic and Battle system/most in-depth plot and twists: FFT

Combine those elements into a damn good RPG. Though it'd be bloody confusing.

Jebus
02-15-2005, 05:09 AM
One that has...oh, wait. I already have it. *goes back to Suikoden II*