PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie out

Flamethrower
02-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm fresh out of Ability Spheres. I really need some more, but I don't know how. I know you get Spheres from winning battles, but I can't seem to get any Ability ones. Is there something I can do to get them? I remember something from earlier in the game telling me a way to get more Spheres in battles, but I forgot that too. :o

Help plz?

SeeDRankLou
02-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Where are you?

Generally, the more difficult regular fiends give Ability Spheres, like the Dual Horns or the Basilisks.

Flamethrower
02-13-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm at Mushroom Rock Road, right before the Sinspawn Gui boss. I've fought countless enemies but have not gotten one single Ability Sphere.

redxiiii
02-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Or just learn extract ability!

Flamethrower
02-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Er...how can I learn the extract ability without any Ability Spheres?

rubah
02-14-2005, 01:49 AM
you can't extract anyways if you're not playing International^_^

Best thing to do is keep going and overkill the more powerful monster!type. I think that on Mushroom Rock it *is* the basalisk (in kilika it's the ragora, in mi'ihen I believe it's the dual horn/horned monster type) Overkill will give you two spheres, and with two basalisks, that should be four.

If you can't hit for an overkill get auron out with tidus and have tidus cheer him about ten times (after ten it doesn't have any more effect I don't think) That'll almost always get you to overkill if you're moderately levelled.

Flamethrower
02-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Thank you for your help, I'll get to work and try that.

SeeDRankLou
02-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Actually, there are no fiends on Mushroom Rock Road that drop Ability Spheres, unless you want to go all the way back down to the first screen of Mushroom Rock Road, where you can still run into some Dual Horns. Your best bet is to just get through Operation Mi'ihen and proceed to the road that leads to the Djose Temple, on which there are Basilisks.

rubah
02-14-2005, 11:34 PM
bleh, I always mix up mushroom rock and djose. They're both boring and annoying, so yeah^_^

in this case, mushroom rock=djose.

incidentally, speaking of mushroom rock, what do garuda's drop? they'd be the stupid overpowered area beast.

moogle
02-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Garudas Equipment Dropped
Drop Ratio: 128/256
Ability Slots: 1-2
Abilities Attached: 1-2

SeeDRankLou
02-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Garudas drop Power Spheres.