PDA

View Full Version : PSP Tidbizzits

square_is_the_best
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
With the US PSP launch just a month and a half away, I thought the time was right to brush up on PSP knowledge. I just want to know few things and other people can also post their OBJECTIVE comments and questions here. This is supposed to be an informative thread, not a blatant flame war between Sony and Nintendo fanpeople.

What launch/near launch game are you looking nost forward to?(Ill provide a list)
-Wipeout Pure
-Ridge Racers
-Twisted Metal
-ATV Offroad Fury
-Spiderman 2
-Ape Escape
-Untold Legends
-NFSU: Rivals
-MGS: Ac!d
-Coded Arms
-Mercury
-Darkstalkers Chronicles
-Dynasty Warriors

Does the PSP have a harddrive?

What are the chances that a US PSP will have a dead pixel and any word on free replacments?

edczxcvbnm
02-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Does the PSP have a harddrive?

What would possess you to even think such a insane thing?

Enough of that.

The chance that the screen will have a dead pixel are the same as any sort of LCD device. I would like to believe that they would replace any system with a dead pixel but this is sony we are talking about.

I am not looking forward to any of those games personally. The only one I have a slight interest in isn't even a launch title(Tales of Eternia).

Here is some information. In the US they are not launching a core system. Instead they are launching a bundle. It has accessories and a Spiderman 2 UMD(no games though) and it will cost $250.

Dreddz
02-14-2005, 05:22 PM
dont wait a month away get it now!!! i got one off eBay. Its great

BatChao
02-14-2005, 06:40 PM
I've been using one at work for a little more than a month now (I'm a game tester), and I can't say that the build quality of the machine is very good. The buttons kinda stick if you press them down (especially the Square button) and the triggers feel a little shoddy. The analog nub is also a little weak and can break off kind of easily. The you can actually 'twist' the entire system, which is kinda strange. The screen itself, though, is awesome. We do have a few dead pixels on some of our units, but I guess LCDs will always have that chance. Some of my coworkers with bigger hands also seem to brush up on the power button when they use it, accidentally putting the thing into sleep mode or turning it off. Also, you can't see the volume increase and decrease outside of the PSP internal screens (I think the programmers might actually have to program it in), which is a little annoying as you have to hit 'Home' to bring up a screen to see what your volume level is at. To be fair, though, we do use these things 24/7, so our units are getting a lot more usage than regular consumer ones will, so that might be one of the reasons why ours are getting a bit shoddy. Other than that, though, the technology is solid and the thing really does have a lot of potential. I'm gonna wait and see if Sony releases a more sturdy version of it before I pick it up, though.

NM
02-14-2005, 07:48 PM
I'd like a PSP but there dosn't seem to be any, "must have game's." at the moment just re-releases of old series. My other problem is the battery life and the problem with the Square button sticking, due to the design of the unit.

I think it's a good piece of kit but they need to improve the build quality from what i've read on web sites.

Hopfully they'll sort it all out by the time it's released over in the UK, otherwise i'll be holding off for a few months.

Dreddz
02-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Ridge Racer is a great game. I think thats a must have game and a good game to start the launch of the PSP

NM
02-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Ridge Racer is a great game. I think thats a must have game and a good game to start the launch of the PSP

If it plays anything like the Ridge Racer, I have for my DS, it's no where near must have game status.

Dreddz
02-15-2005, 09:47 AM
aint played Ridge Racer for the DS but Ridge Racer for PSP is brilliant

square_is_the_best
02-15-2005, 11:55 PM
When put side by side, the DS ridge racer looks like its a coup;e generations back (too pixelated). And the use of the second screen doesnt look innovative or very fun to use.

But enough of DS.