PDA

View Full Version : **Need help getting to Anima** (Spoilers)

Dark Falken
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok, my request is a little simpler I think. How do you defeat the monster just before the Anima cloister? It's the one from the very beginning of the game. He's not being very friendly..... :confused:

Old Manus
02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
GEOSGAENO
HP: 32767

STRATEGY: This battle is easy just with a simple element of preparation. Before battle equip everyone with armour that protects against petrification. Stone Ward can easily be added to armour if you have at least 5 softs.
This monster has high defence, and Armour Break is useless, so attack with weapons which have piercing abilities. Cast Hastega at the start, and protect if needed. Then hit him with everything you've got. Attack Reels is very useful in this fight. Use Al Bhed Potions to heal.
If you're lucky, you will get a piece of armour with the No Encounters ability added. You can also get this with weapons.

alexholker
02-14-2005, 05:18 PM
IIRC, this boss is weak against elemental attacks. I found Fire Gems to be quite useful in this battle. Also, don't kill it if it has swallowed one of your characters, as doing so will result in a lot of damage.

rubah
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
but if you have someone with dispel, it's all groovy.

stoneproof and everything should be groovier.

The Man
02-15-2005, 12:55 AM
if all else fails use fire power leveling